• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

drw13

Holmstrom Hit from Behind

Rate this topic

Comments like this are why I am convinced that there are no real hockey fans cheering for the Ducks, just bandwagon fans cheering for the team thats winning. Do you even know what offsides is? Seriously......

Anybody thats watched hockey for more than five minutes with their head located somewhere out of their lower intestinal tract could tell you that was a cheap shot.

Ray Charles could have called that, he's dead, AND BLIND! Hellen Keller would have called that, she's dead, blind, AND MUTE!

Please save your clueless remarks for clueless fans. I feel sorry for the few REAL fans of hockey over on the Ducks boards that actually see the dumb things you say here while representing their community.

That was cheap no two ways about it, only question is will Bettman stick your boy the the suspension he deserves.

haha ok buddy. i know more about hockey then you will ever know!

theres no doubt the wings dominated todays game and deffently desevered the win

and to say that if holmstrom had gotten up from that with nothing at all wrong with him we would still be talking about that hit right now is completely untrue

and to say that if holmstrom had gotten up from that with nothing at all wrong with him we would still be talking about that hit right now is completely untrue

obviously you don't know much about hockey. ramming someone's head into the boards is illegal. it wouldn't matter if homer got up and did a jig right after, people would still be talking about the cheap shot.

every single one of you are hypocrites

you say you know hockey and that this hit by pronger was illegal and should deserve a suspension yet if lindstrom had done the exact same hit everyone on here would be saying that the hit wasnt illegal and that theres no way in hell he should be suspended

Edited by justheducks

wow

you are really overreacting

yeah you really are! ;)

i really think ALL of you wings fans need to sleep on it and come down from your lil high on this hit.

well talk about this tomorrow

You're out of your mind.

That hit was as dirty as they come. Pronger is known for doing s*** like this so it really comes as no suprise. He was head hunting and it was so blatantly obvious from his body movement. He literally slammed Homer's head into the glass. Dirty, dirty play. He better get suspended.

Oh no! The dreaded "I'm smarter than you are!" Pissing Match commences.

Like the famous Lincoln quote: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

BTW, who is this "Lindstrom" you speak of? Looks like you've already started forgetting some of that vast ocean of hockey knowledge already, eh? Oh, the humanity!

you say you know hockey and that this hit by pronger was illegal and should deserve a suspension yet if lindstrom had done the exact same hit everyone on here would be saying that the hit wasnt illegal and that theres no way in hell he should be suspended

AHAHA

First of all LIDSTROM would never do such a thing. The fact that you brought up his name from the entire Wings roster says enough.

And by hockey Im pretty sure he means drive byes and car jackings.

At the very least that ***** ramp behind the net s*** they call hockey in LA.

Give it a rest, you wouldnt know hockey if it bit you in the ass and stated its name.

Um, well Lidstrom has too much class for that, maybe that's why he has 3 stanley cup rings, and multiple norris trophies. Where has Pronger's goonery gotten him in terms of team success? If Bettman dosen'st suspended Pronger he is gutless. If Vladdy was stll patrolling our blue line, Pronger would still be in the trainer's office getting stitches.

Edited by Sergei Fedorov91

Wow, you're f**king retarded...

You need to simple shut your mouth and allow the educated Duck's fans to speak

Edited by WingNut199

How dare you compare Chris "piece of s***" Pronger to Nicklas LIdstrom!!!! Do you even know what kind of reputation Pronger has in the NHL? You must be blind as a damn bat to not see that hit was a INTENT TO INJURE hit. He wwent after Holmstrom becasue he was scoring at will against the Ducks so he got mad and tried to take him out of the game/series, I am just glad he is ok and not hurt. Pronger deserves at least a game for this hit.

screw that...

crooked teeth boy is a cheap shot artist and has always BEEN a cheap shot artist from day one. He's Claude Lemieux with a larger gap in his teeth and blonde hair.

Too bad Mac isn't on the team. Pronger would've left the ice a bloody mess, but at least he would've had a chance to take Mac on LIKE A MAN.

Pronger tends to shy away from that, except when he's with his boyfriend. :ph34r:

Hey moron, the hit was legal ??? So this is why all the guys on TSN are debating if pronger should be suspended? Oh wait, I forgot, you know so much better than all those experts....

Go back to your quacks boards and don't come back here except if you have something smart to say.

to say that if holmstrom had gotten up from that with nothing at all wrong with him we would still be talking about that hit right now is completely untrue

that would be a good point except for the fact that homer did not get up uninjured because the hit was put on with intent to injure. if it were a clean check, homer gets up without a problem. the reason he laid on the ice bleeding from the head was because it head was intentionally run into the glass. yes, players are sometimes injured by clean hits, but this was not one of those cases.

and to those who will point to the height issue, i have two things to say. one, yes, there is a height differential between homer and pronger, but it's not like we're talking about zdeno chara putting a hit on jiri hudler over here. your shoulders are a least a foot below the top of your head. if pronger's arms were even extended straight out, they would not have caught homer in the back of the head. secondly, if you're exceptionally tall, it's your responsibility to make sure your hands stay low when you hit somebody. the league does not extend any special privileges to short players -- if hudler gets knocked off the puck by joe thornton, they don't give it back to him because he's short. as such, the league should not excuse tall players for putting their hands into someone's head. if you're big and tall, it's an advantage in the NHL -- no question about that. but, if you're big and tall, you get everything that goes along with that, including the fact that high hits to the head (particularly from behind) are not allowed. no grace should be given to pronger because of any height differential on a play like this. if zdeno chara's shoulder hits jiri hudler's head on a clean check, there's nothing you can do about that. but when you get your hands up, that's your responsibility no matter how tall you are.

enough ranting for one night. i have a final exam tomorrow. night fellas -- we'll see how this one pans out tomorrow.

lidstrom would not do that. that's the point. and learn how to spell his ******* name.

lidstrom would not do that. that's the point. and learn how to spell his ******* name.

This is the guy that said this? "haha ok buddy. i know more about hockey then you will ever know!" Damn, for knowing so much about hockey, you'd think he could spell the best defensemen in hockey. I don't want to stereotype saying California doesn't know hockey, but this guy sure as hell isn't helping

This is the guy that said this? "haha ok buddy. i know more about hockey then you will ever know!" Damn, for knowing so much about hockey, you'd think he could spell the best defensemen in hockey. I don't want to stereotype saying California doesn't know hockey, but this guy sure as hell isn't helping

it's interesting that he is the only ducks fan appearing on this thread. most likely, the more educated duck fans are aware that pronger's hit was by in large indefensible. as a result, they have appropriately refrained from commenting. kudos to them. i always enjoy when the "i know more about hockey than you" debate replaces an honest discussion of the facts. really, it's a sure sign that the propegator of such comments either has no legitimate defense or doesn't care to think one out. i agree that he doesn't do much for my view of ducks fans, but i'll try to give the group of them as a whole the benefit of the doubt despite the comments of this fellow here.

[ edit : spelling ]

Edited by stormboy

I haven't made it home from the game to see it on tivo, but with the limited photos I've seen...

I say that Neids hit was a fairly clean shoulder hit. But Prongs forearms (not elbows) unacceptable high and on the back of the head. Not cool, Prongs! It appears suspension worthy to me.

I haven't made it home from the game to see it on tivo, but with the limited photos I've seen...

I say that Neids hit was a fairly clean shoulder hit. But Prongs forearms (not elbows) unacceptable high and on the back of the head. Not cool, Prongs! It appears suspension worthy to me.

Much respect.

You proove even more that you know nothing about hockey by even implying that Lidstrom (no N) would ever take that hit, because he wouldn't. If you can't see the hit coming, which Pronger knew damn well he didn't see it, then its cheap, and Lidstrom isn't a cheap player, good luck even find a boarding call against him in his career.

Compare career PIMs between Pronger and Lidstrom and you will start to grasp why this is a retarded comparisson.

I'll save you the trouble...... Chris Pronger has 1241 penalty minutes career. Nicklas Lidstrom has 372......AND he's played TWO more years.

So no that argument doesn't wash, you haven't any idea what you're babbling about, you're just firing blanks to seem tough.

If you said Chelios it might have worked, but then you would have to know what you were talking about first to do that.

So NO, we're not hypocrites, you just have no idea what you're talking about.

Edited by #19forPresident!

Guest bullocks

Wait til' u see the replay, it's disgusting...if we wernt such a class team and if homer wasnt such a bad ass they woulda told him not to come back out being up 4-0, therefor...the nhl wouldnt know if he was fine or injured. on these plays the nhl says they dont take injury into considertaion but they do...if he was hurt he'd be suspended for sure...if he broke his neck pronger would be f***ed. i still say theyll have enough balls to make an example out of pronger, but he'll only get one game.

you both proved me wrong (in my belief that responsible duck fans were staying away from this thread) and right (that there are many respectable duck fans out there). i thank you for doing both.