• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

drw13

Holmstrom Hit from Behind

Rate this topic

Pronger will be suspended without a doubt... first thing that went through my mind when they scored the fourth goal was Pronger starting to goon it up....... what a joke.. another classless team.. makes me sick..

Was this hit much worse than Claude's hit on Draper? The reaction by the team back then was MUCH more violent than this time. I mean obviously we had Darren back then and he would fight anything...but come on, where is our message back to them?

Patience....remember Revenge is a dish best served cold.....it's coming, no worries there. The one the thing the Wings are is smart...they are not going to do anything right away....they are going to stalk their prey and strike when the time is right. :ph34r:

The VS commentator just said that Homer's in with Dr Colucci, which I take as good news.... if it was serious, he'd be on his way to hospital. of course he can still GO to the hospital, but it wasn't an immediacy thing. And Colucci is a hell of a doctor, and he is usually spot on with the diagnosis of sports situations and other injuries. He was the guy who knew what was happening to Ficsh behind the bench and acted in a way that probably saved his life. I'm very confidence with Dr. Colucci on the good guys' side.

There just isn't enough punishment against this when a team is down in the playoffs missing the rest of a losing game and giving a 5min powerplay sounds like a great tradeoff for taking out a player on the other team. They really need sever punishment for anything that even looks like intent when a team is losing and frustrated and then gives a dirty hit like that. I think the punishment has to extend to the next season and possibly next playoffs to protect guys when they are winning their 4th game in a series. Just makes me sick.

:crybaby:

but get real guys, do you realy think bertuzzi wants more media on him if he hit pronger like he did to moore.

TSN about 10 minutes before the hit.... "Pronger holds his stick then holmstrom holds prongers stick. pronger is furious, he's going to snap"

PROOF OF PREMEDITATION

dirty players

needer brother, marchant and pronger...cheap cheap cheap

i mean quack quack quack

GOD I HOPE HOMER IS BACK FOR THE NEXT GAME....

the guys on TSN seem to think that Pronger will be getting suspended...I hope they throw that punk out for at least 2 games...other than that, the Wings are ABUSING the Ducks tonight...I LOVE IT!

doesn't the nhl review the play and could possibly hand out a punishment for pronger too even though there was no penalty during the game?

Absolutely... but do you really believe that, given the option, the NHL would suspend Pronger over Niedermayer heading into Game 4?

Because you can't really suspend both, however nice that'd be. Pronger will come out of this smelling like roses.

I am upset because my 3 year old cried when he saw that hit. Pronger is a giant piece of fecal matter. I know why I'm not a coach. I would tell Lilja (Bert has to many demons), the organization will give you $200,000 under the table to wreck Getzlaf. Smash him into the boards high hit to the head.

I'm embarassed that Pronger's name is mentioned in the same sentence as Lidstrom's as one of the best defensemen in the NHL. Lidstrom would NEVER do anything like that. I'm disgusted that Pronger's a role model. This is so typical Pronger too. He did the same thing to Stevie. He tried to take him out but only hurt himself. The difference is, it backfired last time for him...not so much today.

Intent to injury must be punished.

oh this will deffenitly backfire. if he is suspend with rob, it will kill thier team. it's karma baby.

Suspension clearly coming on this hit. Unfortunate that it'll be Niedermayer (because he got the major and the game) and not Pronger because one was just as guilty as the other.

I disagree. Niedermayer did hit Holmstrom from behind as much as Pronger did, but Niedermayer at least made an attempt to play the body, while on the replay you can see Pronger has his hands up with the sole purpose of driving Holmstrom's head into the glass. If he doesn't do that, I don't think Tomas gets hurt all that badly.

It will probably be Rob Niedermayer facing the suspension, though, as I think the fact that he got the penalty places the blame on him.

The wings haven't had a chance to retaliate yet, mainly because they have been on the power play too much. They were just absolutely toying with them out their.

Revenge will come, maybe not tonight, but soon, Pronger should hope that he gets suspended other wise Kopecky or Franzen should clean his clock and then stand over him and curse him out for the ***** piece of s*** ***** he is.

If Homer makes it back this series you probably won't see any revenge though.

Holmstrom is a HUGE part of this team, and you know that is exactly what that piece of crap Pronger was thinking when he lined Homer up. Don Cherry better rail on this "good Canadian" boy tomorrow on HNIC or I'll be ticked (I love Don).

I fear Homer has a concussion by the look in his eyes. :huh: I sure hope that he is OK and will be back Thursday. I know we won't see any more of him tonight. (ETA: Yay! I'm wrong!)

And wtf with Bertuzzi? Holy living GOD, man, DO something! Even PRETEND that you're going to do something to send a message. If his back is so screwed up that he can't even throw a decent check, then get him the heck off the ice. He's turned out to be the useless piece of poo that I feared he would be when Detroit got him. Even his goal was a piece of poo.

Edited by JackMallory