• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Babcock's Fault

Rate this topic

I really don't understand the need to point fingers after this loss myself. Let's face it the TEAM didn't convert on a few 5 on 3's and Giguere played a very solid game between the pipes.

Another thing is that without Pronger it may have given the Ducks just a little extra to come out of the gate with. Although on paper the suspension looked great for the Wings, but the Ducks are looking pretty good coming out of that game with a win and Pronger got a night off.

Anyways the loss isn't the worst thing in the world the series is only 2-2 and I know its not 3-1 but it could be worse.

Edited by redwingsfansince87

You cannot be serious. The Wings played really, really well tonight. The loss has nothing to with Babcock. Honestly why make threads like this? In Game 3 he was the hero for making the line changes, and now all of sudden it's his fault because he tweaked it a little and they lost? Please. Not capitalizing on the 5 on 3's are the reason we lost.

Some of you guys need to stop bitching about everydamn thing. Fact is everyone wanted a split, and we got it. We are heading back home now so HOORAY.

Exactly!

Edited by sharomyga

I could be wrong about this, but when a team usually has two great defensemen, and then tonight they've only got one:

Does it make MORE sense to leave Datsyuk and Zetterberg split up? I mean, Anaheim had last change tonight. If you put Dats and Z together, then Niedermayer can be matched up with them whenever that line is on the ice. WIth them split up, at least theoretically, one of them should be on the ice without Niedermayer every shift.

Now, if Pronger was suspended for Game 5, I would absolutely 100% agree with you. Put Dats and Z back together and put them out there every time Niedermayer isn't. I think the strategy tonight was sound, though. I mean hell, we outshot them pretty handily and it wasn't like against Calgary where we were outshooting them, but 75% of the shots were from the perimeter. We had some GREAT chances tonight. Just didn't bury em, and in doing so, we let the Ducks off the hook.

Babs wasn't the one turning the puck over all the damn time or not finding a way to make sure our goalie can see the puck....Hell, if Flip gets the puck up on his breakaway, we probably win going away tonight.

-Tim

We lost because Hasek didn't play well and we missed so many chances. It was a real close game.

One thing I don't get is why Quincey played only 4 shifts?? He doesn't look bad out there, our Ds afre going to be exhausted... Also Draper barely played over 9mn... I know we were running after the score but still....

Can't wait till Sunday...

Go Wings !

Agreed. Wouldn't go so far as to blame Hasek for the loss, but he was making those saves on Tuesday. Pucks weren't going in for us tonight - but give Giguere credit - he was the MVP of that game. Babcock is fine - we're here in part because he's done a great job coaching.

What is WITH people tonight?

Its Babcocks fault? Short term memory buddy, but do you remember who STARTED THE GAME?

DATSYUK-ZETTERBERG-HOLMSTROM

and what happened???

THEY GOT DOMINATED ON THE FIRST SHIFT OF THE GAME.

This is not Babcocks fault, this is the combination of some bad turnovers FROM BOTH ENDS, Giguere having his best performance so far, and Dom having his worst. Cry me a river.

Grow up and take your lumps like a man (or woman). The score doesnt always tell the story of the game.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

We lost because Hasek didn't play well and we missed so many chances. It was a real close game.

One thing I don't get is why Quincey played only 4 shifts?? He doesn't look bad out there, our Ds afre going to be exhausted... Also Draper barely played over 9mn... I know we were running after the score but still....

Can't wait till Sunday...

Go Wings !

Quincey only played 4 shifts because he left for the dressing room in the 1st period, and never came back.

They haven't said what his deal is, but it's only fitting to go with our trend this year of constant play ending injuries to defenseman.

Quincey only played 4 shifts because he left for the dressing room in the 1st period, and never came back.

They haven't said what his deal is, but it's only fitting to go with our trend this year of constant play ending injuries to defenseman.

But he was on the bench for the 2 other periods...

Im goind with Doms retarded assed play tonight, and the fact we played a 5 on 3 like it didnt matter if we scored or not.

Yeah..Giguere making some really good saves on the 5 on 3 meant that the Wings were shooting at him carelessly like they didn't want to score.. :rolleyes:

You cannot be serious. The Wings played really, really well tonight. The loss has nothing to with Babcock. Honestly why make threads like this? In Game 3 he was the hero for making the line changes, and now all of sudden it's his fault because he tweaked it a little and they lost? Please. Not capitalizing on the 5 on 3's are the reason we lost.

Some of you guys need to stop bitching about everydamn thing. Fact is everyone wanted a split, and we got it. We are heading back home now so HOORAY.

HC, you are my favorite, you know the score...

Babcock's fault my ass, We had TWO 5 on 3's in this game, that means, we should have had TWO goals, If we went up by two goals at any point during the game it (the game) would have been done.

What about our tenders performance tonight?

I think it was sub par. We out shot them 2 to 1 tonight and had MANY MANY more scoring chances than they did.

The difference tonight was their tender had his A game and our was playing soccer, or golf, or with himself all night.

Hey Dom, you are not the tender you once were, remove head from ass and play every game. Your killing me.

What about our tenders performance tonight?

I think it was sub par. We out shot them 2 to 1 tonight and had MANY MANY more scoring chances than they did.

The difference tonight was their tender had his A game and our was playing soccer, or golf, or with himself all night.

Hey Dom, you are not the tender you once were, remove head from ass and play every game. Your killing me.

You can't really blame Hasek tonight. He didn't have much of a chance on any of the goals.

But he was on the bench for the 2 other periods...

I didn't notice him after the first, he was miced up for the game on VS and the only clips they had with him were from the 1st so I just assumed he never came back..... Even if he was he was alright he was only logging around 5mins a game this series anyway so no big suprise.

Anyone who says Hasek had no chance on any of the goals wasnt watching.

Especially the first goal. That was insane.

And the wrister from the blue line was pretty bad as well.

He needs to show up every night. EVERY night. This is not a team that can pull it out if any unit is off.

This is a true TEAM. We need all parts all nights.

Here's the situation:

Tonight Ducks were basically playing an elimination game, while Detroit was coming off a 5-0 easy win and going into game 4 without Pronger. They didn't start with the urgency we would have liked.

They didn't respect the Ducks.. next thing ya know, we're down 3-1 and fighting back to tie it up.

What about after they tied it up?

Thats what concerns me.

Hasek looked poor on the 4th goal.

Piss poor.

We were all over the ducks then bang a piss poor goal.

Truely madening.

This is why I hoped they would have just stuck with Osgood. Solid.

Osgood is solid, you get the same from him all the time.

You should never have to score 5 goals to win.

Anyone who says Hasek had no chance on any of the goals wasnt watching.

Especially the first goal. That was insane.

And the wrister from the blue line was pretty bad as well.

He needs to show up every night. EVERY night. This is not a team that can pull it out if any unit is off.

This is a true TEAM. We need all parts all nights.

If your talking about the Getzlaf PP goal,

Hasek had two screens in front of him, one was a Duck, the other was a Wing, he looked around the screen to left the shot went to the right, it was really a perfect shot, he had a 50/50 chance on that goal, had he looked to the right the he may have stopped it, but still they could have scored that goal and we could of still won the game if we had two 5 on 3 PP goals...thats where we faltered.

If your talking about the Getzlaf PP goal,

Hasek had two screens in front of him, one was a Duck, the other was a Wing, he looked around the screen to left the shot went to the right, it was really a perfect shot, he had a 50/50 chance on that goal, had he looked to the right the he may have stopped it, but still they could have scored that goal and we could of still won the game if we had two 5 on 3 PP goals...thats where we faltered.

The 5 on 3 attempts were ugly as well. Dont get me wrong.

Really ugly.

I just will never understand how this team needs to always feel urgency to win. Tonight would have ended the series and now game 5 is gonna be a *****.

The ducks now have all the momentum, and we know how the Wings play for the first 20 at the Joe.

Got damn, this team is frustrating.

HC, you are my favorite, you know the score...

Wow. Thanks. :blush:

This is why I hoped they would have just stuck with Osgood. Solid.

Osgood is solid, you get the same from him all the time.

You should never have to score 5 goals to win.

You know what? I love Osgood more than anyone on the roster. He's my absolute fave and I would LOVE to see him play. Fact of the matter is him coming in wouldn't have changed a thing. Why? Because while Dom may want TWO goals he could have back, he wasn't awful. Don't get me wrong..he wasn't good, but he wasn't as poor as you make him out to be either. The Wings had everything going for them after they tied the game. The two 5 on 3's are what put them in the hole and cost them the game, not Dom.

HC we have differed alot on this board.

If you take away his two weak goals and the empty netter we win.

Im not saying bringin in Osgood would be have made a difference, Im saying it would be nice to have a goalie who is consistent in net.

The only thing Hasek in consistent with is being out of position, some nights the puck goes his way and then there are others.

Tonight was an other.

The 5 on 3 attempts were ugly as well. Dont get me wrong.

Really ugly.

I just will never understand how this team needs to always feel urgency to win. Tonight would have ended the series and now game 5 is gonna be a *****.

The ducks now have all the momentum, and we know how the Wings play for the first 20 at the Joe.

Got damn, this team is frustrating.

Thankfully, like Babcock said before game 4, "Momentum doesn't carry over from game to game in this series" The Wings will come out strong at JLA

the real reason we lost is because you guys shaved........how could you do that to the WINGS? ;)

I tried everything, I haven't shaved since the Playoffs started, I wore my Zetterberg jersey all day, I took it off and moved to the other room when the ducks scored the third goal, I didn't move at all when the Wings scored their goals, I changed seats when the Wings didn't look good, I tried everything I could and it just wasn't good enough :crybaby:

Edited by Elshupacabra

HC we have differed alot on this board.

If you take away his two weak goals and the empty netter we win.

Im not saying bringin in Osgood would be have made a difference, Im saying it would be nice to have a goalie who is consistent in net.

The only thing Hasek in consistent with is being out of position, some nights the puck goes his way and then there are others.

Tonight was an other.

If we scored on the 2 prolonged 5 on 3's, the Wings would have finished this one 4-3, or at the worst gone into OT if Anaheim scored when they pulled their goalie.

We can go round and round on this all night. But you said it yourself, this is a TEAM game. If one side is looking weak, the other side has to step it up. True, you shouldn't have to score 5 goals to win, but if that's what it takes (and fate hands you 2 long 5 on 3's), then that's what you have to do.

i felt that we played pretty good for the most part but i get extremely nervous the puck's in our end. If a few of the bounces would have went our way we would have won, instead, the ducks got the bounces. Either way, like i said, i hold my breath when the puck's in our end, we just flail our sticks at everything, i wish we were more physical in our own end.