• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

2007 WCF Post-GAME 6: Ducks 4, Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

well see you guys later im gonna go get drunker i got a full pack of cold shots waiting to be drunk !!!

so you're saying that hasek is as good as jiggy, what ******* series were you watching, goaltending won this series which means that jiggy was better.....oh, and i'm sorry for misspelling a word, i'm sure everyone on this board cares about it so much.......and for being an "ungreatful wretch", i'll remember that next time you rip into a player for poor performance...so please try to respond to the comment without attacking the person that wrote it....******* kids...

:lol: Hasek is better than Giggy on his worst day. The Wings are not "ungrateful" to Hasek, that's a guarantee. Correcting your spelling is not an attack, by the way. How did you manage to mispell ungrateful, when I spelled it correctly for you in my post? LMAO!!!

Edited by puckloo39

I'm crying my eyes out, too. Have been since goal 4, basically. I hate being such a sap. Everyone was yelling at me telling me that they deserved to lose so I shouldn't be sad, but that just made me feel worse.

1) I'm just sad we lost

2) I want our guys back, too

I love this team, I don't want to see it dismantled...I can't take that heartbreak right now :(

I can't believe this. I really, really had a great feeling about this team. Especially with the way they were playing once the playoffs started. It freaking stings because I honestly can't say that the Wings didn't give it their all in the 18 games they played. Aside from the first two periods tonight, I have been impressed with every game they've played.

It's like I try and stop crying and then I see one of our guys interviewed and then bam there goes the tears strolling down. Sad thing is it's going to be worse tomorrow.

Thist team better be kept the way it is. I love Calder, and Bert, and I want Langer to stay too. :(

This has by far been my favorite Wings team in the last decade.

Dom's played Ok most of the Playoff run . For his salary compared to performance's this season Hasek's been awsome. The Wings will find it difficult to replace him.

yes, it will be difficult, but he's getting old and our depleted defense wasn't helping him either.....i hope for less injuries and better bounces next season....thank god, it's about time, my anger is starting to wear off....i can think again...sorry for insulting anyone, but that's how i get when we get knocked off by a team that we should've beaten last game...

WHY SO MUCH HATE ON THE BOARD

I was actually surprised at the level of calmness here. Compared to last year with Edmonton, this is semi-civil (except for a bit of Hasek bashing (???)). :unsure:

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

You feeling Ok???

I know that the Duck are coming out of the West, but I still hope the Sens beat the s*** outta them.

I agree. Nothing would be worse than seeing Pronger lift the cup.

Aw, dont be so upset! Its not all bad. The Wings went down fighting and no one can take that away from them. They played a good series, and any hockey fan with brains knows the series could have gone either way. Dont leave us till October - there is plenty to talk about still and we can hopefully follow the Sens to a cup win over those stinkin' Ducks.

As for Bertuzzi, i think the Wings will actually make a pitch to keep him - i dont think he really wants to move around much anymore either, so i think there is a chance. Calder played great when healthy and the Wings management knows that. As for Lang, i think you may be right - its time for him and the Wings to move on.

Think about next year though. Filpulla looked GREAT and I was SO impressed with Quincey after the injury to Schneider. He's gonna be in the reg. lineup next year and he will be a top 4 D man for us soon.

For me there are more positives coming out of this season from the many previous years. We have a good team here, and with a couple tweeks to the roster we will find ourselves back in the finals. Look at the injuries the Wings played through. This team is great - sucks to lose but we made it farther then 27 other teams, no shame in that. The Wings WILL win another cup in the next 5 years, we have too much talent, YOUNG talent to be denied that.

You're absolutely right about everything, but it still hurts like hell.

See ya, Mikey.

Can't we offer Scotty a Roger Clemens-like deal to come back? Babcock refusing to bench slugs, and not having his team ready to play until it was too late may be the kiss of death. Wings fans deserve better than what we saw for 2/3 of tonights game.

:lol: Hasek is better than Giggy on his worst day. The Wings are not "ungrateful" to Hasek, that's a guarantee. Correcting your spelling is not an attack, by the way. How did you manage to mispell ungrateful, when I spelled it correctly for you in my post? LMAO!!!

i misspelled it cause i'm drowning my sorrows in a bottle of labatts....oh, and calling someone an "ungrateful wretch" for having an opinion is a personal attack.... ;)

yes, it will be difficult, but he's getting old and our depleted defense wasn't helping him either.....i hope for less injuries and better bounces next season....thank god, it's about time, my anger is starting to wear off....i can think again...sorry for insulting anyone, but that's how i get when we get knocked off by a team that we should've beaten last game...

I think that was our biggest problem this season . if it wasn't for all those DAMN injuries to the Defence, the Wings could've gone all the way. :(

There is only one brightside and it's that I was trying to figure out how I was going to see Pirates on Thursday when there wa a game 7 right in the middle of the opening.

I'd still rather have THAT problem then trying to figure out what to do with the next few months...

I have a similar thing. I have to work a video shoot at a benefit dinner on Thursday night. Would have been going nuts not knowing what was going on in a Game 7. But also, yes...I'd rather have that problem too.

Oh, and I now officially hate the Ducks.

Same here. But I actually couldn't stand them when they acquired Pronger. Always have and will hate him :blush:

I am just disappointed. I gave it my all and rooted for Lang and the Wings still lost. :rolleyes:

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

This isnt as bad as Edmonton last year people.

Watching Yzerman skate off for the final time , I bawled like a baby. It killed me , And then when he retired ,I was so despressed.

At least this year we proved were not soft , and that being old ISNT a bad thing.

I really want Dom , Bert , Cheli , and Calder back.

What a pathetic thread.

Mike can only do so much, and then the rest is up to the guys on the ice. Give it a break.

He's done an excellent job this season, and I hope he's our coach for a long, long time. It was him that made this Wings team, tough, gritty, and not to be messed with. Like said, he's done a great job..he deserves to be our coach.

I was actually surprised at the level of calmness here. Compared to last year with Edmonton, this is semi-civil (except for a bit of Hasek bashing (???)). :unsure:

I think it's because this year, aside from being eliminated in the WCF instead of the first round, we went down fighting. As I mentioned in the GDT, last year was a matter of Legace snatching defeat from the jaws of victory - a total meltdown in the 3rd period. THAT was enough to raise the ire of many. In this game, we had our meltdown early, looked like we were totally out of it by the 2nd period. And then came the comeback, going down fighting.

There's something more satisfying about losing a game that you could have won, rather than losing a game that you SHOULD have won.