• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

2007 WCF Post-GAME 6: Ducks 4, Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

I'm really proud of what the Wings accomplished in these play-offs. With the injuries, both short and long-term, that we've had I think it was an amazing performance for us to get as far as we did. We can still take a lot from these play-offs.

Filps played great

Datsyuk was signed before the play-offs. Thank god. I'm still worried about the length of the contract but meh, it'll be ok.

Lilja was actually decent.

Quincey was pretty ok

Cleary was :yowza:

Draper was his usual good self

Johan Franzen wasn't that bad either :sly:

And Hasek was great but I'm still worried about the future in the net...

Let's see what did detroit do wrong in that game....hmm maybe switch the line match up of bert, lang,cleary against perry,penner,getzlaf.... they were getting dominated.....i don't see lang being back next year, and is is very questionable about bert... i say we get rid of him....atleast we showed we still had heart in the third and never let up... heres to a great season by detroit and hopefully a better one next year!!! keep your heads high boys

Guest Bill

I was/still am very dissapointed that we lost! But we really overcame a lot to get where we were. I travel a lot in my job and you can't discount the effects of all the mileage they traveled during the playoffs. Plus, it has probably already been said in this thread or another, but it became so apparent the last couple of games how much we missed Schneider on the point. Weren't we scoreless on our last three 5 on 3's? I have to think we could have done better with his shot!!!

When I look at the season as a whole how can I be dissapointed when we were picked to not enven be in the playoffs! If that was our rebuilding year I'll take it!

Great Job Wings!!!!!

In a few days I think I will say, "Hey, thanks for a great season." Not right now though! I am furious. Yes the wings were picked not to do well. We did not pick them not to do well, it was the media. Nevertheless they did great. I am just curious why we have to keep making a come back? Why can't they play play a strong game and not just spurts. Yes it was a great effort but it's a shame that they could'nt do it for the entire game the outcome woulda been differant.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda..... I am tired of think about the what if's. I am tired of making excuses. The ducks deserve to be in the finals becuase they are there. We are stuck with our pants half down.

I guess thanks for almost doing it...

awesome effort last night :clap: I'm proud of the guys how they never panic and keep their heads up, they deserve better but oh well. Dom could have played a little better I think, and if we had started playing like we did in the 3rd period earlier we would have blew them out again.

I'm not as upset by the loss as I thought I would be, I wanted them to win more than anything but atleast they lost with Class and went down fighting.

Good Luck next years guys, I think we are far from done in the long run, Wings will win a cup in the near future, just like the upset exit in 1996, the year after we came out stronger and got things done. Just have to learn from this and a lot of our younger guys got some needed experierce in the playoffs, adversity, determination, they learned a lot for future playoff games.

Go wings, I'll see you in training camp in September.

Now lets all hope that Ottawa comes out and wins this thing. They have the heart and are a cleaner team than the Ducks so go luck to the Sens in the Finals.

Wings don't come out flying to start the game.

Turnovers with the puck again and again.

Decide to show up with 15 minutes to play.

Welcome to your off-season.

Again, the Ducks played well last night, more so early game. But to say they were the better team? :huh:

If the Wings didn't give up the tying goal in Game #5, we're looking ahead to tomorrow night. They did - and never recovered. Again, it's what we didn;t do, not what Anaheim did. Go Sens!!

Who cares?

Actually Carlyle confirmed that Chelios came over and congratulated the coaching staff of the Ducks and then left the ice. Its gotta be heartbreaking for Chelios being so close to another cup. I've got nothing but respect for the wings as a team,and i think we all know a few more bounces their way and an effort like they put up in the 3rd and things would have been different.

Me and my whole family have enjoyed every moment of all 100 games Wings played this season. We have gone crazy on every single goal they scored and game they won, we have gone sad and sometimes furious on goal they allowed and game lost.. But after all it has been 8 month full of passion and hope and pride.. And Wings never let us down..

We're proud for Wings and their accomplishments this seasons and we're sure next season would not be even better!

I have already set my calendar to count down beginning of the next season.

GO WINGS!!!

Good series guys.

I am surprised this series didn't go to seven games. After game 4 I thought it would have been for sure a tighter series not a 4-2 win for the Ducks. But I guess those are the bounces. It must be tough on you Wings fans because some of those games you guys had out played the Ducks but still lost. There is nothing more frustrating than that. Well maybe the first two periods of last nights game and the Wings being asleep is more frustrating.

I noticed there was a thread that was calling for a new goaltender. Can't say I agree with that. I would not blame Hasek for any of your loses, I thought he played excellent. I could see developing the back up to take over for Hasek in a couple years. I am not really sure what there is too improve on the Wings apart from some minor changes. But you guys have a good strong team with a good coach.

As for the next round. I will be jumping on the Senators bandwagon and cheering for them. It would be nice to have the cup back in Canada and not in Anaheim. I think the Sens will take the series, they have been playing amazing hockey and walked all over the eastern conference favourite. But both teams are pretty fast and this series will be an exciting one to watch.

If the third period was never played I can say I would have been furious.

The Wings came out and played aweful. Like they wanted to go home.

The third period however, they executed and played well. Still depressed that our season is over and it will take awhile for this pain to subside, but all in all. It was a good season.

It may not have been what we were looking for, but still is no season to hang our head in shame. We just need to work on capatalizing....

Go Sens!

Well Wings I thank you for a great thrilling playoff run. I think all of us can say it was awesome. You guys made every sereies entertaining and I thank you for your effort. We can always get them next year! Thanks Wings!!!

i'm going to barf if i read one more post of praise for the wings. the wings took on the personality of their joe louis fans: blow off the first two periods and then show up in the 3rd period. they've been doing that for at least 3 straight years--regular season and the playoffs--and when their PLAYOFF LIVES WERE ON THE LINE THEY DID IT AGAIN!

inexcusable! how the fock do you sleep-walk through the first two periods of a do-or-die game? you people who are good with that are settling: you're just greatly relieved the wings didn't choke in the first round again...whiich is sad if you really think about it.

blowing a series the way the wings blew this series should cost both players and coaches their jobs. but...it won't. which is part of the problem.

well, it was an interesting time of year to decide only to show up for the third period. but i guess we shouldn't have expected anything different, the wings have been taking periods off all year. either way, it's been a great season. i can't say that i think the better team won the series, but the ducks got it done and that's all that counts, so congratulations to the ducks.

hopefully lang, and maybe schneider (i think they've shown the can be very formidable without him) are gone, that should free up some space and i'd like to get bert back to see what he can do at 100%. other than that, i think we have an excellent team and a few minor tweaks and we should be a serious cup contender again next year. just as long as they don't take two periods off in game 6 of the WCF's next year!!!!!

great season. glad to see dats in true form in the post season. here's to next year. :chug:

well, it was an interesting time of year to decide only to show up for the third period. but i guess we shouldn't have expected anything different, the wings have been taking periods off all year. either way, it's been a great season. i can't say that i think the better team won the series, but the ducks got it done and that's all that counts, so congratulations to the ducks.

hopefully lang, and maybe schneider (i think they've shown the can be very formidable without him) are gone, that should free up some space and i'd like to get bert back to see what he can do at 100%. other than that, i think we have an excellent team and a few minor tweaks and we should be a serious cup contender again next year. just as long as they don't take two periods off in game 6 of the WCF's next year!!!!!

great season. glad to see dats in true form in the post season. here's to next year. :chug:

i'm going to barf if i read one more post of praise for the wings. the wings took on the personality of their joe louis fans: blow off the first two periods and then show up in the 3rd period. they've been doing that for at least 3 straight years--regular season and the playoffs--and when their PLAYOFF LIVES WERE ON THE LINE THEY DID IT AGAIN!

It's a day later and I still want some kind of explanation from the guys on how that all happened. I don't care--I'm not mad, because it's a sports game. There are many other parts to life that are far more lovely.

But I have no idea how they threw away those two periods. I have no idea.

And the painful part is, it would've made all the difference. All the difference in the world.

It's a day later and I still want some kind of explanation from the guys on how that all happened. I don't care--I'm not mad, because it's a sports game. There are many other parts to life that are far more lovely.

And the painful part is, it would've made all the difference. All the difference in the world.

They let the Mighty Phucks walk all over them the first two periods and then almost 5 mins into the third. It was almost better that they didn't pose a comeback because it was like losing twice. I was resigned to the 4-1 loss and they battle back "too little too late" and you feel like they lost all over again. Some say it was an awesome ending but I think it was rather annoying, knowing that IF they played with that intensity for the whole 60mins in a DO OR DIE game we would be watching hockey tomorrow night.

But the poster you are repling to has it a bit wrong about their play... If the wings truely did take on the personality of the fans at the joe they would have arrived late, played hard in the 2nd and then left early :sly: Wings fans don't take the first 2 periods off and then show up strong in the third.

It sure would of made a difference, and thats why it's heartbreaking.

They said from what I've heard so far that they got too excited when the game began. Weren't thinking straight, made some passes, plays..etc..without thinking it through, were impatient..and so on. What changed in the third then? Thats what I don't get. Had they come out in the first and second they would of dominated and we would be seeing a Game 7 tomorrow.

It's okay though because they had an amazing year regardless.

What changed in the third then? Thats what I don't get. Had they come out in the first and second they would of dominated and we would be seeing a Game 7 tomorrow.

It's okay though because they had an amazing year regardless.

I believe if they made it to game 7, they would have made it to the Stanley cup finals.

That could be totally wrong and they may have lost it or even taken a huge dump on it (like they did in game 6). Or they may have simply continued to bring the same kind of game to Ottawa and gotten trounced.

I just think they would've had a chance to win the WC and have some time to get their heads straight before Game 1 of the real deal. It just baffles me--I mean, remember the '02 playoffs Reem? You knew what you got out of those guys.

No offense to this year's crew, but I've never gotten that hint of "consistency". It's plagued them all through the playoffs - they managed to overcome it in Calgary, in San Jose, but their lack of real gelling together killed them in Anaheim. You never knew who might be a hero night to night... simply because we didn't have any real domination coming from the team, so anyone might pull one out.

I believe if they made it to game 7, they would have made it to the Stanley cup finals.

That could be totally wrong and they may have lost it or even taken a huge dump on it (like they did in game 6). Or they may have simply continued to bring the same kind of game to Ottawa and gotten trounced.

I just think they would've had a chance to win the WC and have some time to get their heads straight before Game 1 of the real deal. It just baffles me--I mean, remember the '02 playoffs Reem? You knew what you got out of those guys.

No offense to this year's crew, but I've never gotten that hint of "consistency". It's plagued them all through the playoffs - they managed to overcome it in Calgary, in San Jose, but their lack of real gelling together killed them in Anaheim. You never knew who might be a hero night to night... simply because we didn't have any real domination coming from the team, so anyone might pull one out.

Yeah, I remember '02 and that's why I thought the Wings would win Games 6 & 7. It just seemed to familiar. Honestly though? The Wings not being so dominant in every game and winning consistently is what I like best from them. The fact that when they were down in a game, or series, they'd continually battle, and never give up until they won. I liked that they didn't have it easy *like in '02* and that they had to work their asses off for a W. That to me showed their character, and heart more than anything. Them losing last night upset me, but I am still really proud of them because while they did play poorly in the first two periods, they still never gave up even when the score was 4-1. That was pretty much the story of the playoffs. Always battling back, and almost always winning when doing so.

I'm glad the Wings made it exciting in the third period. My hopes were high for a while.

Haha, I actually live near Portland, Oregon. I watched the game on the big screen in a sports bar with my friend and we both had on Red Wings jerseys. The third period effort was so moving that we got the whole place cheering "Let's go Red Wings" before face-offs. They were getting into it--in some random bar on the west coast!

I was sad to see us getting scored on in exactly the same way four times. Shot from the point, snow angel set up, scrum, confusion, and then it's in the back of the net. That's unfortunate.

I want to give props to Filppula for his effort. He was literally busting his ass the whole game. I'm looking forward to continue watching him play.

We've got a good team to cheer for. Our efforts weren't wasted by any means.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and keeping it classy, LGW. I look forward to next year. :clap:

Edited by The Nephilim

Them losing last night upset me, but I am still really proud of them because while they did play poorly in the first two periods, they still never gave up even when the score was 4-1. That was pretty much the story of the playoffs. Always battling back, and almost always winning when doing so.

Right. I was impressed with the battle and case they made, I'd honestly be more upset if they hadn't shown something--even though the fact that they showed they -had- it but didn't play it upset me nearly as much.

I don't mean outright domination and spanking (like the '02 squad) though--a better example would be, remember those two minutes somewhere in the beginning of the third, or late in the second, and the guys on Versus(if you watched there) were saying the Wings were definitely building momentum?

That was the kind of spunk, spark, charge, cohesion that hadn't been seen much. They did well in the playoffs... and knew how to battle - I might be wrong, but I definitely feel they lacked that click-click-click with eachother that really showed they knew what they were doing. That they could dominate in moments, at least, and use those instants to illustrate that they really are a force.

hopefully lang, and maybe schneider (i think they've shown the can be very formidable without him) are gone, that should free up some space and i'd like to get bert back to see what he can do at 100%.

So you want Schneider gone, but Bertuzzi re-signed? :lol: Wow. :blink::unsure:

So you want Schneider gone, but Bertuzzi re-signed? :lol: Wow. :blink::unsure:

Along the same line we should: Trade Ken Holland, sell Mike Ilitch, rename the team the Predators once Smashville leaves for Ontario, let Ozzie's pee-wee nephew be our starting goaltender when Dom (who sucks and is old) finally retires, and sign Robert Lang to a fifteen year $3489034837302934723823098130489234 contract.

We will be the best team in the galaxy then.

well not the way i wanted the season to end but i would of rather it ended here than a close game 7.

I mean we had a very good playoff run we were wrote off in the first round by many sport writers.

Ill say it again like i said in the past Giggy is the only reason the ducks won this series and the only reason the ducks even made it to the WCF.

100% agree. Without Giggy the ducks are nothing.