• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

2007 WCF Post-GAME 6: Ducks 4, Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

ya know, as much as I want to just go curl up in bed and cry...I am okay with this. They played their asses off for most of the post season. Silenced critics who said we couldnt make it past the first round, Datsyuk proved he is a force to be reckoned with in the post season. And most of all, with all the "experts" writing off our team after Yzerman retired, calling us too old....too slow....they just knew this was the Wings season to fail right? We proved them way wrong. I wish we would have been able to defeat the Ducks, we deserved too.

So here is to next season, and GO SENS

Absolutely heartbreaking. We had the series and let it slip away. Now the Lucky Ducks are playing for the Cup. I'm way too bummed out to even dissect the series right now.

ditto. Although it was already official for me when they picked up Pronger.

They dropped the Mighty and Disney, now get rid of the prick!

Maybe we can steal their goalie.....

you would wind up very disappointed, I think. Ask Ottawa if they can even find Gerber at this point. What a joke, going out and throwing money at someone thinking they are better than the best goalie in the business, at any age.

Pronger... oh, my God, I don't know if I can watch that idiot unless it's to see a Sen take him out and make him cry. That, I could watch. :thumbup:

Go, Sens, pluck those Yucks!!

you would wind up very disappointed, I think. Ask Ottawa if they can even find Gerber at this point. What a joke, going out and throwing money at someone thinking they are better than the best goalie in the business, at any age.

Pronger... oh, my God, I don't know if I can watch that idiot unless it's to see a Sen take him out and make him cry. That, I could watch. :thumbup:

Go, Sens, pluck those Yucks!!

IMO, I wouldn't put Gerber in the same sentence as Giguere, or label Hasek as the best goalie in the league when he was outplayed in this series.

Moot point anyway I guess, since Giggy won't end up here.

Anyway, it was a heck of a run. Great season.

And for the record I don't blame Hasek for tonight.

Now Go Sens, make Pronger cry!

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

I've hated Pronger since the Blues...now I just re-hate him.

Should ever your hate waiver - that which is your obligation to hold as a Red Wings fan - remember that big gap-toothed ******* dope whooping and hollering in celebration after he beat Legace clean from forty feet in Game 2... Sitting nary 100 feet away from action, it is well and truly my least favorite Red Wings memory.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

man im having trouble finding post game coverage i wanna see player interviews!

Should ever your hate waiver - that which is your obligation to hold as a Red Wings fan - remember that big gap-toothed ******* dope whooping and hollering in celebration after he beat Legace clean from forty feet in Game 2... Sitting nary 100 feet away from action, it is well and truly my least favorite Red Wings memory.

H, are you planning to stick around for the Sens/Yucks series? I hope so. Your eloquent description of Pronger in the above post actually made me laugh out loud, and I didn't think anything could at the moment.

H, are you planning to stick around for the Sens/Yucks series? I hope so. Your eloquent description of Pronger in the above post actually made me laugh out loud, and I didn't think anything could at the moment.

I am, as ever, your humble servant, and will be on board for the SCFs and beyond... :)

You're absolutely right about everything, but it still hurts like hell.

Common! We are hardened Wings fans. We've been through a bunch of first round upsets, finals we SHOULD have won, and 50+ years of not winning the cup before 97. This isnt so bad in the whole scheme of things is it? They showed us alot more heart then many other Wings teams in the last 5 years. Im happy with the effort, upset with the outcome, but not totally down. No one can tease us for being Wings fans now. No longer are we 1st round chokers. We didnt have to live up to anything and we went out hard, better then 95% of the rest of the league.

I am, as ever, your humble servant, and will be on board for the SCFs and beyond... :)

oh, good. Quality posts like yours are hard to come by, at times. I look forward to dissing the Ducks with you and our other esteemed LGWers!! :thumbup:

Common! We are hardened Wings fans. We've been through a bunch of first round upsets, finals we SHOULD have won, and 50+ years of not winning the cup before 97. This isnt so bad in the whole scheme of things is it? They showed us alot more heart then many other Wings teams in the last 5 years. Im happy with the effort, upset with the outcome, but not totally down. No one can tease us for being Wings fans now. No longer are we 1st round chokers. We didnt have to live up to anything and we went out hard, better then 95% of the rest of the league.

I know what you mean, and I know I'll be better in a little, but I'm just upset because they were so close. I know they really wanted it. They played with so much heart, and will. They really did exceed the expecations this season and I am so proud of them. The Wings gave it their all and that's really all that matters.

Thanks for trying to cheer me up.

Well, I was there, and for two periods, we had nothing to cheer about. Flat, non-physical, listless.

The third period was breathtaking. We had a real chance to tie the game late.

Disappointing, but a great season nonetheless.

ya know, as much as I want to just go curl up in bed and cry...I am okay with this. They played their asses off for most of the post season. Silenced critics who said we couldnt make it past the first round, Datsyuk proved he is a force to be reckoned with in the post season. And most of all, with all the "experts" writing off our team after Yzerman retired, calling us too old....too slow....they just knew this was the Wings season to fail right? We proved them way wrong. I wish we would have been able to defeat the Ducks, we deserved too.

So here is to next season, and GO SENS

What you said.

Wings players lose gracefully: their fans take it hard, but we have a legacy *yzerman* that has taught us grace, and patience and class.

We didn't lose this series because of officiating: we lost because we didn't score.

Buffalo didn't lose because of officiating: they lost because they didn't score.

Having said that: I believe that a review of the officiating in both series would possibly have resulted in a BUF/DRW final--two teams that have do-or-die fanbase. But that wouldn't open up any new markets... and Canadian pro hockey is bleeding out the pores... I feel sick, and not because my team lost, I've been there done that and I know there's always next year=-- it's the REDWINGS, we are consistently good.

WUZROBBED

What you said.

Wings players lose gracefully: their fans take it hard, but we have a legacy *yzerman* that has taught us grace, and patience and class.

We didn't lose this series because of officiating: we lost because we didn't score.

Buffalo didn't lose because of officiating: they lost because they didn't score.

Having said that: I believe that a review of the officiating in both series would possibly have resulted in a BUF/DRW final--two teams that have do-or-die fanbase. But that wouldn't open up any new markets... and Canadian pro hockey is bleeding out the pores... I feel sick, and not because my team lost, I've been there done that and I know there's always next year=-- it's the REDWINGS, we are consistently good.

WUZROBBED

I agree that it was because we didnt score. If we would have played the whole game like the 3rd.....we would have had that game in the bag. I personally wanted Sabers/Wings SCF.....for the simple fact that I am a dork and thought "Buffalo Wings" would have been funny :hehe: although I do think that there needs to be some re-thinking or something in officiating, all season long there have been to many incosistant calls. I dont get how you have two guys do the same thing and one is a penalty and one is good :rolleyes:

Oh wel, we now have next years playoff run to look forward too :D

Damn it all to hell. I really thought this would be the year...

Sigh. Oh well. This is the way things go I guess. It just wasn't the Wings year, and it's as simple as that. Them's the breaks.

In closing I'd like to say this: Thank you Wings for making this such a great season! You guys are the best. You gave it your all, but just fell short. They'll be back next year.

Blah... 10 mins of hockey is not going to get you squat... however 3 goals in the Post season when our GAA was 1.67 SHOULD HAVE been enough. It could have been enough if we focused that same energy for the other 50 mins. Maybe instead of sending shirts to them we can send the staples and staplers so that they can staple memo pads to their foreheads saying HOCKEY GAME = 60 MINUTES!

Ohwell, better luck next season.

psst Ilitch.... LOWER TICKET PRICES!!!!!

Edited by OsGOD