• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

esteef

Round of Applause - LGW.com Crew

Rate this topic

Once again, another great year of making our favorite message board available and maintaining it smartly! Great job to the guys and gals for weeding out trolls, merging the endless onslaught of duplicate threads, incorporating new ideas and features, and keeping the peace in general on our favorite time waster that is this board!

IPB Image

Cheers!

esteef

P.S. Don't forget to donate and become a Community Supporter so we can keep this thing going!

I agree! Great job Matt and mods!!! Thanks for all of your time and effort. I was even sad to see the calender already blank this morning.

Thanks also to the many members who make this the best site ever!! You Wing fans rock!

Thanks... I love this place even more now that I am not in Detroit. I love being able to talk about the NHL & especially the Wings with a lot of great people and LGW makes that possible...

Thanks Again For A Great Year!!

:clap: LetsGoWings .com is by far the best message board in Hockey. :thumbup: Nothing else even come's close . :)

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

I just realised that this is my 1000 post and I'm glad it was used posting this message. :D

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

I've been a Wings fan for 25 years but I've lived in Tennessee since 91 and I never knew this place existed until my uncle turned me on to this site when I was in D town for Stevie's retirement. I want to thank all the LGW'ers, Matt and the rest of the crew that keeps this placing running. This is the best run board I've visited and look forward to discussing the offseason and the 07-08 run to the cup with you guys.

Edited by WingsZR2

Yeah, it's the best, and always keeps getting better! I saw the Jump to the first Unread option up there for a moment. Matt and crew never stop perfecting the perfect (if that makes sense).

I have to say I have been a member of this board from I think 99 or 00, before it got revamped and became this pretty. And pretty is the only thing that has changed about this board.

The moderators do an awesome job, troll headcount has been going down, and it really seems to keep great hockey conversation year round. Most boards are really busy when the season is in, but being the crazy wings fans we are we need a place to chat all of the time, and ladies and gentleman this is the place.

I have hosted websites before and had to work with databases and all of the other crap that goes along with it. let me tell you something it is not always fun.

So in short Great job to everyone involved in keeping this forum tip top!!!

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

It has been a long year and it had its ups and downs but I hope the site was a pleasurable experience for everyone involved. A big tip of the hat to the moderators here as they truly have a thankless job but have been great at helping maintain what this place is all about. Another tip to the Community Supporters -- without their support the site wouldn't be what it is today. It's always humbling to see someone donate some of their hard earned dollars to help support this site. A final tip to the rest of the memberbase -- you're the lifeblood of this site.

Over the summer I'll be using the time to help optimize the site and the server a bit with Trey, as it was a struggle at times to keep up with the growing wave of traffic. (As an example, when the Bertuzzi trade was first announced on here there was an average of 50 database requests coming in per second -- try doing that math!) As the Wings advanced further into the playoffs it was difficult to handle the post-game traffic which, unfortunately, the issues surrounding that were largely resolved shortly before Game 6 was over.

For the last TWO YEARS I've promised a "new site" aside from the message board community (which I continue to keep up to date), and it was close to happening this season, should be up this summer. An attempt to get it finished during the playoff run proved too daunting. (That and two little girls -- one turning 2 *!* on Sunday -- have gobbled up most of my time.) Missed deadlines and broken promises are getting pretty old, I'd say.

So, in closing, I want to say "Thank YOU" for a fantastic year. I know the moderators and myself can't keep everyone happy, but we try our best -- here's to following the future 2008 Stanley Cup Champions! ;)

**** PATS ON BACK ****

I have never been so drawn to one internet site. People post things here before the news does. Then we get to break down evey trade, player, play, goal, miss, save, check, penalty, shot, line combo, stat and many more. Most people are all in good spirits, or at least have points that they will defend valliantly. Such passion, perseverence, and knowledge can only be brought to one place by the very best in administering (sp?).

Try not to deflect praise... as it is truely warrented.

LETS GO RED WINGS!!

I thought I would be punching walls and cursing beyond belief today. I am proud of what we have achieved this year... both in the team and this site. Never have so many people been united under one banner of a team online, with inside jokes, tears, heartbreak, and domination. Quick quips back and fourth, humor, disagreement, props, and everyone's unique personality bring life to these boards.

I for one will be lurking around... reading daily as I have for a season and a half, and posting where I feel it is beyond self-restraint.

WE'RE PROUD OF YOU, RED WINGS!

I BLEED RED FOREVER!

Guest DetroitIan

Well, I would have liked to see more troll Duck fans get banned instead of a few Wings fans that got booted in retaliation to all the trolls. But other than that, another great display by the LGWs team. :thumbup:

I've been coming to this site for many years, starting back in 2002. I didn't join until 05 but I've always enjoyed the conversations on this site. I was more then happy to contribute and I hope every member here can give a little as well. Just think if everyone here gave 5 dollars what wonders that could do.

This is an amazing web site and the fans are first rate. :clap: Great year everyone, now starts the Rumors and offseason shenanigans :D

Well, I would have liked to see more troll Duck fans get banned instead of a few Wings fans that got booted in retaliation to all the trolls. But other than that, another great display by the LGWs team. :thumbup:

i'm sure whoever got banned well deserved it. team affiliation had zero to do with it.

This is definitely in order. This was my first year posting, but I've been a lurker for a long time, and keeping up boards so we can support our team is a tedious job. I for one really appriciate the effort you put into creating an outlet for our community of fans to meet and shoot the breeze.

Thanks again.

:clap::clap::clap::clap: