• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kp-Wings

Canadians apparently prefer the Ducks

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

Trust me, 90% of Canadians are HARDCORE rooting for the Sens. They all want the Cup to come back to Canada. Sure there might be a few here and there that already didn't like the Sens, so they will continue to root against them. But trust me, for the most part all of Canada wants the Sens to win. Right now they are Canada's team.

This is so dumb. I don't care if there are rivalries between certain Canadian teams and their fans..ALL of Canada should be rooting for the Sens. I feel I have to root for the Sens because MI and Canada are pretty much neighbors lol. Plus, the Sens are a pretty awesome team.

I just don't get this.. you'd think all of Canada would stick together.

I can't speak for all Canadians, but the vast majority of people that I meet are cheering for the Sens, the rest don't care who wins. As for the people cheering for the Ducks, I suspect they are Leaf fans, and they aren't so much cheering the Ducks as they are cheering against the Sens.

I don't always back Canadians teams either. Last year I was cheering for the Canes to win. It's not that I wanted them to win the cup, but I sure as hell didn't want Edmonton to win. During that time people would ask me, "why aren't you cheering for the Canadian team?" Because I knew if Edmonton would have won they would have thrown the fact that they won the cup in our face until we won one. I wouldn't be able to handle that, especially since the girl beside me at work is an Edmonton fan and has her Oilers s*** all over her desk for me to look at. In case you don't know the rivalry between Edmonton and Calgary is a big one that goes back a long time and isn't just limited to the hockey rinks. I also wouldn't be able to cheer for Toronto, bunch of asses.

But for this series I am definitely cheering the Sens, it would be nice to have the cup back in Canada, as long as it is outside of Edmonton and Toronto that is.

Go Sens!

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

I am canadian i live in vancouver and oddly everyone is a ducks fan including me

I can't speak for all Canadians,

Ok I will.

We drink. and I mean a LOT. Gallons of Labatt Blue etc. Sometimes during the playoffs, when we're driving our Chryslers down the sidewalk to go to the Beer Store (<----yes, this is where they sell "beer" in The People's Republic of Canada - used to be the "Brewer's Retail", but too many of us got lost looking for beer)

What were we talking about?

Oh yeah. OK.

Go Leafs!

Ok I will.

We drink. and I mean a LOT. Gallons of Labatt Blue etc. Sometimes during the playoffs, when we're driving our Chryslers down the sidewalk to go to the Beer Store (<----yes, this is where they sell "beer" in The People's Republic of Canada - used to be the "Brewer's Retail", but too many of us got lost looking for beer)

What were we talking about?

Oh yeah. OK.

Go Leafs!

Your crazy DaKineMaui. :lol:

s*** he seen me !!!!!!!!

* Pearhead runs away* :P

GO WINGS!!!!!

I want the Sens to win but I'm fed up saying so, I'm a Wings fan god damn it. :thumbup:

Everyone I know is cheering for the Sens.

After everything Prongers done , I'll never cheer for him. I might cheer for him if he plays for team canada, and thats just a maybe.

Go Sens Go. I have never liked the ducks , 1997-Now , I've always hated them , Plus I've always dispised(sp) Shawn Thorton , biggest disgrace to hockey since Claude Lemeiux.

Guest jaytan

How is this surprising? First of all, the Ducks may be in Southern California, but they're really a Canadian team. They play pure hockey, and they aren't lead by Daniel Alfredsson. :lol:

Secondly, consider that the Leafs, Oilers, Habs and Canucks (since they lost to Anaheim) fans will have trouble cheering for Ottawa, for varying reasons. In addition to that, the Wings have their fair share of Canadian fans, and that Ducks series was pretty bitter.

And with all of that said, the Senators have only been around for, what, 15 years or so? They haven't really had a lot of time to build a fanbase of any kind outside of the Ottawa area.

I can't bring myself to watch this series, but to be honest, I'd rather see the Ducks win it than the Senators.

Go Sens Go. I have never liked the ducks , 1997-Now , I've always hated them , Plus I've always dispised(sp) Shawn Thorton , biggest disgrace to hockey since Claude Lemeiux.

Woah wait a sec! What did Shawn Thornton ever do to deserve this comment? I know he did nothing dirty whatsoever in the few games he played in the Wings series so im confused

Canadians are probably jealous of the Sens making to the SCF while their teams aren't. To be honest, the Sens aren't a popular team in Canada.

Shawn Thornton? Come on now. He's not a dirty player. In fact, I'd love it if he played for the Wings, since he has some mild skill compared to other fighters in the league.

Chris Pronger is the biggest disgrace to hockey since Claude Lemeiux. And he deserves that title.

"Kaufman said he could never root for the Sens, claiming a team with such little history doesn't deserve a Stanley Cup yet."

Yes, the Ducks have a rich and storied history, from their humble beginnings with coach Gordon Bombay to the triumphant return of Teemu Selanne...wait, what?

Guest ZDH

The Ducks looked good tonight. Sens seem intimidated a bit especially Phillips and Redden. Pahlsson line shut down the Alfie Line. Long layoff hurt Sens. They need to win the next one.

Guest ZDH

If a Canadian team wins the Cup surely that must be good thing for the Canadian people??? ......National pride???

So why arn't they supporting the Senators.???

Team Canada does very well in Olympics, World Cups, World Junior Championships and World Championships. Our pride is just fine thanks. Plus Canada still represents around 60% of the players in the league. I'm cheering for Ottawa in the SCF because I want them to win. Not because they are Canadian. And if you are cheering for the Ducks to win, it does not make you any less Canadian. Anyone who thinks that is a complete idiot. It's a free country and you cheer for whomever the hell you want to cheer for. Period. Ashamed of themselves? You should be ashamed of yourself for saying such a thing.

Team Canada does very well in Olympics, World Cups, World Junior Championships and World Championships. Our pride is just fine thanks. Plus Canada still represents around 60% of the players in the league. I'm cheering for Ottawa in the SCF because I want them to win. Not because they are Canadian. And if you are cheering for the Ducks to win, it does not make you any less Canadian. Anyone who thinks that is a complete idiot. It's a free country and you cheer for whomever the hell you want to cheer for. Period. Ashamed of themselves? You should be ashamed of yourself for saying such a thing.

I should be ashamed of myself?!?!?!? What I'm saying is that if a Canadian team is playing surely most fan's would want one of there own team's to win . Am I speaking in a different language or something for you not to be able to understand what I'm saying???

Guest jaytan

It's not like Ottawa is the only city in the country with an NHL team. That would be like expecting Wings fans to cheer for, say, the Capitals over the Oilers because, "Hey! Washington is in the same country as Detroit!"

If a Canadian team wins the Cup surely that must be good thing for the Canadian people??? ......National pride???

So why arn't they supporting the Senators.???

Because it's Ottawa, the Nations Capital, the place that taxes us to death and then screws around with our hard earned money. When it comes to sports, City/Team Pride comes before National Pride.

IF the Sens win the Cup, I'm sure there will be Sens fans that will rub it in the face of fans from the other Canadian teams/cities. Plus Leafs and Canadiens fans hate Alfredsson with a passion, the last thing they want to see is him lift a Cup before Koivu and Sundin.

Just because a team is from Canada, doesn't mean everyone from Canada has to cheer for them. Think if the role was reversed. Imagine if it was in the heyday of the Wings/Avs rivalry and Colorado was playing Montreal in the final. Just because you are from Michigan doesn't mean you have to cheer for Colorado because they are American. Any true blue Wings fan would be cheering for Montreal.

Edit: Most of my friends who are Leaf fans don't want to see the Sens win it.

I should be ashamed of myself?!?!?!? What I'm saying is that if a Canadian team is playing surely most fan's would want one of there own team's to win . Am I speaking in a different language or something for you not to be able to understand what I'm saying???

With sports, the city comes before the country.

Edited by Barrie