• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Draper_Rocks#33

Al Montoya

Rate this topic

that poor kids name has been popping up since lunqvist exploded on the scene. He's the ranger equvilant to jimmy howard (i'll leave the rest of the board to tell you who's better). Honestly i don't see him going anywhere and especially not to Detroit. We've got howard in the system, even if Dom doesn't come back montoya couldn't be a starting number one. Again hockeybuzz shows off their stupidty.

Everyone thinks this could happen probably because he played at Michigan. This rumor has been around for the better part of a year!! And it makes no sense. ;)

just reading on hockeybuzz that the wings could be looking at Al Montoya from New York...dont know much about him really.... what do u all think?

It's never gonna happen , Montoya's name alway's seem's to be linked with the Wings. No doubt that he's got the potential to be a great goaltender , but so has Jimmy Howard . there isn't much between them when it comes to talent and potential so in all it would be a pretty pointless trade.

As a Ranger fan I think it would be unwise to trade Montoya away, He was an AHL allstar and he has shown signs that he is going to be a very good goaltender he just needs to be more consistant on a regular basis. And we all know it usually takes goalies a bit more time to develop into an NHL ready player. As for Montoya going to the Wings, I don't see it happening unless Holland does not think that Howard will be an good NHL goalie. I think Montoya will likely end up bieng packaged in a deal to bring either a second line center or a defensman to New York neiter of which the Wings have to offer.

As much as I love Al, giving up something to acquire him would be kind of pointless unless they really don't think Howard is the guy.

If they don't think Howard is the guy though, then they absolutely should go for it. Al's as physically talented as any goalie I've seen. I don't doubt that he's going to have a very nice career.

Personally, I like both of em...so I'd probably hold off on giving up anything to get him. I would, however, make every effort to get Howard up here for 10-15 starts this year. Something like:

Hasek: 52

Osgood: 20

Howard: 10

It would be pretty helpful to know what we've got in Howard--or at least have a better idea--with all 3 of our goalies being free agents after next year (assuming Hasek signs a one-year deal).

-Tim

Edited by Packer487

just reading on hockeybuzz that the wings could be looking at Al Montoya from New York...dont know much about him really.... what do u all think?

he is a punk ass ***** cheater and he should go play with his hero turco in Dallas.