• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BringHomeTheCup!

New DMan?

Rate this topic

Would any of the Michigan boys be of any interest to us? There are currently 8 that I can think of who are attached to other sides, but who would be a good fit for the Wings?

Jeff Finger 6'1" 205lb Houghton

Tim Gleason 6' 217lb Clawson

Andy Greene 5'11" 195lb Trenton

Matt Greene 6'3" 223lb Grand Ledge

Brian Rafalski 5'10" 195lb Dearborn

Erik Reitz 6'1" 210lb Detroit

Andy Roach 5'11" 181lb Mattawan

James Wisniewski 6' 207lb Canton.

Guest bullocks

Would any of the Michigan boys be of any interest to us? There are currently 8 that I can think of who are attached to other sides, but who would be a good fit for the Wings?

how bout canadian boys? seems like they win championships ;)

anaheim has 22 canadians...tampa bay three years ago had a tone as well.

Guest bullocks

Jack Johnson

he's sik, i cant believe carolina traded his rights to LA last year lol cuz they got fed up of him not leaving college to come play. but theyll regret it the day he does start playing which may be next yr.

he's sik, i cant believe carolina traded his rights to LA last year lol cuz they got fed up of him not leaving college to come play. but theyll regret it the day he does start playing which may be next yr.

:clap: Absolutely. :clap:

Markov a smoker <_< geez think he would know better, but then again with him coming outta Mother Russia :rolleyes: ...Wasn't Lang a smoker too? Might explain why it looked as though he was carrying lead weight in his breezers :lol:

Depending what the cap will become I honestly don't see why the Red Wings can't sign Markov unless Schneider, Bert, & Dom are seeking HUGE raises, & if that's the case then me thinks Kenny ought to re-assess the priorities of the club.

Look at the cap numbers. Detroit will have at best $13 to spend, and need to fill about 6 skaters, and a goalie.

Dom will get a raise if he comes back, likely about $1-2 per. If he doesn't come back, no doubt Kenny will need to sign someone. Whomever that someone is will probably cost at lest that $1-2 per.

Cheli should be back at about the same tag.

As for the rest of the roster, Kenny needs to sign at least 2 top 6 wingers, and a top four dman.

Matty fits the bill for the dman. He will likely get close to what he made last season.

There isn't going to be a whole lot of money going around. Especially if Kenny wants to have to room to sign Hank long term in the near future.

No on DeVries... no more "veterans" needed at this time. Cheil, Lids and Schneids are fine. Lilja, Lebda and Kronner with the possibility of Quincey or another youngster suits me just fine.

If we are going to sign somebody on D, I think we need to look at someone we feel has long term potential at this point. Lids, Schneids and Cheli can't play forever... well, Lids and Schneids anyway.

No on DeVries... no more "veterans" needed at this time. Cheil, Lids and Schneids are fine. Lilja, Lebda and Kronner with the possibility of Quincey or another youngster suits me just fine.

If we are going to sign somebody on D, I think we need to look at someone we feel has long term potential at this point. Lids, Schneids and Cheli can't play forever... well, Lids and Schneids anyway.

Why not? Is the only reason you don't want him beause he is a vet? Do you really expect Kronwall to make it through an entire season without some freak injury? Here is my prediction, next year Kronwall will miss 30 due to the contraction of a rare form of the common cold that forces it's host to experience intense and violent diarrhea. Upon his return, he will take a puck of the elbow in warm ups and miss another 7 games with a dislocated 'funny bone'.

Cheli should be rested, playing minimal even strength minutes, and PK. If Matty resigns, I'd love to see Lilja paired with him, leaving Lidstrom paired with Devries.

i think the way lilja played and the solid play of quincey make markov a want not a need

If Kenny signs Matty, that will be enough to send Markov packing. And I wouldn't want to depend on a guy, Lilja, who has had more time spent not playing well, than playing like he did for the short burst in the playoffs.

Edited by BringHomeTheCup!

Guest jaytan

We definitely need help defensively, quite possibly more than on offense. I don't really see the need to keep Markov around, though he's not awful. When I heard Rafalski was a free agent, I got excited for about a minute. Then I realized there's a salary cap.... I like this DeVries idea.

Green or Raflaski would be welcome additions

Markov leaving would lead to great opportunities for Quincey and also to Kindl as the next guy in. I don't think we should target any D-men under any given circumstance.

I noticed alot of people talking about Andy Sutton. Really Andy Sutton? This is the guy that deliberately tries to injure other players and when he has to back it up, he walks away. He also tends to pick his spots alot when fighting such as fighting Eric Brewer instead Georges Laraque or more recently fighting Olli Jokinen. Does anyone remember when Andy Sutton tried to take out Mike Green of the Capitals? To cap it off, he rarely fights anyway. Does he hit? He sure does. Are they clean? Let's just say he has a reputation for dirty hits. Here's a guy that hasn't been mentioned so far.

Jim Vandermeer of the Chicago Blackhawks is a rough and tumble type of player that will take on all challengers and is a heart-and-soul type of player. He also has a little offensive flair and is good defensively. Chicago seems to have a logjam on defense with Cam Barker coming up.

Scott Hartnell I would oppose getting because 1) rumour has it he wants 3M and the Preds are only offering him 2.5 M? I don't think he's worth 3M

2) Edmonton is aggressively pursuing him because he's a hometown boy and I don't really see us realistically getting him, so why waste time?

3) Like Andy Sutton, Scott Hartnell has a tendency to injure other players. Most recently for sticking out his knee on Cheechoo.

I suggest getting a players like Raffi Torres, Arron Asham and here's one that hasen't been mentioned, Dave Scratchard. All 3 of these players hit, fight and have some sort of hockey ability. I think for this team, Asham and Scratchard would work best under Babcock's system and would probably thrive as well.

EDIT: Just noticed this was a DMAN thread..my bad

Edited by Asia13

Markov leaving would lead to great opportunities for Quincey and also to Kindl as the next guy in. I don't think we should target any D-men under any given circumstance.

Does that include Matty? And what if Rafalski would take $2 to play here, you don't think Kenny should consider that?

We SHOULD consider Dmen, it's where we can make the most improvement for the least amount of $$$.

Does that include Matty? And what if Rafalski would take $2 to play here, you don't think Kenny should consider that?

We SHOULD consider Dmen, it's where we can make the most improvement for the least amount of $$$.

Odds are Matty will be staying here and retiring here, and I don't have one problem with that. If Markov AND Matty leaves, then yes, let's target on a De Vries, Rafalski, or even a Kimmo Timonen, but we have enough steady young D-men to not worry about it.

Odds are Matty will be staying here and retiring here, and I don't have one problem with that. If Markov AND Matty leaves, then yes, let's target on a De Vries, Rafalski, or even a Kimmo Timonen, but we have enough steady young D-men to not worry about it.

Steady, young Dmen? Who are you talking about? Kronwall can't stay healthy, Lebda is decent, but he isn't a top 4 Dman. Quincey and Kindl are good, but neither of them are ready to step up and be a top 4 Dman either. We need a guy to fill Markov's slot for a year or two. We current do not have anyone on the roster that can do that on a daily basis.

I suggest getting a players like Raffi Torres, Arron Asham and here's one that hasen't been mentioned, Dave Scratchard. All 3 of these players hit, fight and have some sort of hockey ability. I think for this team, Asham and Scratchard would work best under Babcock's system and would probably thrive as well.

EDIT: Just noticed this was a DMAN thread..my bad

Not a defenseman, but :thumbup: .

Both these players will be 4-5 million easy!!!

watch the dman signings...Markov MTL $5.75 per 4 years