• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jiri the man

Will the ducks be here next season

Rate this topic

The Wings very nearly won a couple of the games they lost as it was. The number one reason the Wings lost was the failure of the PP to score. Are you suggesting Samuelsson is just as good as Schneider in that respect? Because if that's what you're saying...coke-bottle glasses might be a good near-future investment.

Schneider scored TWO powerplays goals in the regular season, and here you are acting like its some sure bet that he wouldve gotten a few against Anaheim. How the hell can you assume that? I say Giguere wouldve stopped his shots. Also, lets keep in mind that during the year Matt had his fair share of defensive gaffs, I can just as easily make the claim that it couldve happened again and Anaheim gets a goal off it. See, its just as easy for me to play this game as well!

I keep thinking about the piss poor missed call when hasek was pushed in the net, and then the soft call on Datsyuk to give Anaheim the chance to tie the game.. congrats to them for banking on their chances, but you would be an idiot to say that these two events had no impact on the series... what happened to the days when you had to commit murder before the reffs made a call at the most crucial point in the game..

And what about the lame ass holding call with 4 minutes left on Joe Motzko in game 5? That was just as bad as the one on Datsyuk, yet nobody ever mentions it. That was a penalty at a crucial time for Anaheim. The Datsyuk penalty was more than likely a makeup call for that garbage one.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Guest MrSandMan

Schneider scored TWO powerplays goals in the regular season, and here you are acting like its some sure bet that he wouldve gotten a few against Anaheim. How the hell can you assume that? I say Giguere wouldve stopped his shots. Also, lets keep in mind that during the year Matt had his fair share of defensive gaffs, I can just as easily make the claim that it couldve happened again and Anaheim gets a goal off it. See, its just as easy for me to play this game as well!

Schneider only needed TWO in the Ducks series to advance to the SCFs. Even if he didn't get two, atleast it's one extra threat for the Ducks (and refs) to be MORE concerned about.

Lidstron and Schneider quarterbacking the PP is arguably the most dangerous PP defenseman pairing in the League.

Schneider only needed TWO in the Ducks series to advance to the SCFs. Even if he didn't get two, atleast it's one extra threat for the Ducks (and refs) to be MORE concerned about.

Lidstron and Schneider quarterbacking the PP is arguably the most dangerous PP defenseman pairing in the League.

:rolleyes: Hey you finally said something sort of positive... congrats! :clap:

And what about the lame ass holding call with 4 minutes left on Joe Motzko in game 5? That was just as bad as the one on Datsyuk, yet nobody ever mentions it. That was a penalty at a crucial time for Anaheim. The Datsyuk penalty was more than likely a makeup call for that garbage one.

NUTS

NUTS

Im not surprised with the goggles on that you probably dont even recall the Motzko penalty. Both penalties were horrible calls to begin with, much less that late in the game.

Maybe they'll enforce the pad size rule which, in result, will put Giguere out of a job.

Jesus Mrs. Andman!!! Get off that horse already..His pads ARE legal....Did you measure them? Any of your friends measure them?..Surely somebody, anybody on an opposing team would notice that they were illegal..But you know better than anyone else...The fact that he wasn't penalized for his equipment leads me to one of two conclusions..1) His pads are well within the legal limits as specified by the NHL..or 2) Your beloved Red Wings were too stupid to recognize illegal pads and call the Ducks on it...Surely the Wings could have used another power play....AND NOT SCORE on it..

Guest bullocks

that was clearly a penalty...he held him right into the boards!! practically bair hugged him...but the datsyuk one was a text book interference call also. should it have been called at that stage of the game? prolly not, but was it...yes. datsyuk shouldnt do stupid s*** liek that, that late in a game and give the ref a chance to call it. no clue why he'd try to skate and bump him when he wasnt even in the play. it was a weak call tho.

Guest MrSandMan

Jesus Mrs. Andman!!! Get off that horse already..His pads ARE legal....Did you measure them? Any of your friends measure them?..Surely somebody, anybody on an opposing team would notice that they were illegal..But you know better than anyone else...The fact that he wasn't penalized for his equipment leads me to one of two conclusions..1) His pads are well within the legal limits as specified by the NHL..or 2) Your beloved Red Wings were too stupid to recognize illegal pads and call the Ducks on it...Surely the Wings could have used another power play....AND NOT SCORE on it..

hey look! We have a new troll on the boards. Click here and leave a generous donation to LGWs on your way out. :thumbup:

STFU Dude , No one on here gives a flying f*** about the ducks on here anymore. They got lucky to get past us , Im happy for Selanne and Niedermayer , but its over now. Maybe they'll let Paris Hilton have a day with the cup :rolleyes:

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

You're making a nice debut here Rangers79, everything ive seen of yours so far ive agreed with!

STFU Dude , No one on here gives a flying f*** about the ducks. They got lucky to get past us , Im happy for Selanne and Niedermayer , but its over now. Maybe they'll let Paris Hilton have a day with the cup :rolleyes:

Alright!! I'm a "Dude"!!! Well for a bunch of fans who "don't "give a flying f@ck about the Ducks", you should do spend a hell of a lot of time slamming them & and minimalizing their accomplishments....But you're right, you don't give a crap....Oh boy, here we go again -For the millionth time..The Ducks got lucky.....That's all it was right?...Just dumb old luck....Let me tell you something..EVERY team that wins the Cup, gets lucky...You've got to have luck to win it all....Sometimes luck takes the shape of a lucky bounce of the puck...Sometimes a team gets lucky by either a non call, or sometimes a phantom/bad call....And sometimes they get lucky just by staying healthy...You don't get through the regular season & the playoffs without some bounces going your way....And why do so many of you Wings fans slam the Ducks just because of their fan base? that's just pointless..So because there are movie & tv stars in SoCal, the Ducks shouldn't play hard and try to win?..Excellent point.. Great foundation for your argument.

Guest MrSandMan

You're making a nice debut here Rangers79, everything ive seen of yours so far ive agreed with!

Don't feed the troll.

btw, I'm ashamed that you call yourself a Detroit Red Wings fan. To date, I never met such a band wagon fan like you...

Grow some balls Louie. Ya know, I was deployed and working out in Denver Colorado when Wings / Avs were at their peak of rivalry. During playoff time I was PROUD to wear red and white.... My Wings jersey was worn anywhere and everywhere I went. I wore it to the roughest and toughest bars during our playoff series. Despite of getting called out, challenged, harassed, and pressed to fight. I smirked and flaunted my red and white, and accepted anyone drunk fools challenge.

You seem like the kid who would hide away your jersey and pretend to be an Avs lover so you don't get beat up or a wedgie. You appear to be the biggest chicken s*** in Michigan. Grow some balls dude..... stop being a little ***** weasel hiding behind your computer. GROW SOME BALLS kid, be proud of RED & WHITE! They bleed for us, the least you could do is bleed for them!

Edited by MrSandMan

Don't feed the troll.

btw, I'm ashamed that you call yourself a Detroit Red Wings fan. To date, I never met such a band wagon fan like you...

Grow some balls Louie. Ya know, I was deployed and working out in Denver Colorado when Wings / Avs were at their peak of rivalry. During playoff time I was PROUD to wear red and white.... My Wings jersey was worn anywhere and everywhere I went. I wore it to the roughest and toughest bars during our playoff series. Despite of getting called out, challenged, harassed, and pressed to fight. I smirked and flaunted my red and white, and accepted anyone drunk fools challenge.

You seem like the kid who would hide away your jersey and pretend to be an Avs lover so you don't get beat up or a wedgie. You appear to be the biggest chicken s*** in Michigan. Grow some balls dude..... stop being a little ***** weasel hiding behind your computer. GROW SOME BALLS kid, be proud of RED & WHITE! They bleed for us, the least you could do is bleed for them!

Settle down Sparticus.

You can also thank the refs for allowing the Ducks to play illegal games that was suppose to be eliminated from the 2004-05 lockout.

...and we can also thank the refs for making invisible fabricated calls against the Wings to decide games, when Detroit had the choke hold on a Duck. As any blood and flesh human being, those calls cursed the Wings and took the moral right out of the Dominant Detroit Red Wings team... While the refs proceeded to hand the Ducks Lord Stanly.

Bettman's plan is in motion. One way or another... NHL will be marketed in SoCal! (clearly, decided from officiating)

So tell me, do duck fans really feel happy that a cup was given to their team? I mean, it can't feel rewarding, can it? So will the Refs names be etched on the cup too? They played hard to give the Ducks the cup!

If this is the 'NEW' NHL, then it's inevitable.... plan on the National Hockey League NOT being around for too much longer.

Fire Bettman, anyone?

Q) "What team won the cup in 207"?

A) "ummm, I dont kno... Wait! It was some ****** bag team out west, right?"

A) "Kinda, It was more decided by the Refs, ordered from Bettman to promote hockey in SoCal"

someone needs to kick you in the mouth...just a big cry baby...i have never seen so much bitching from on person one any other message boards in my life...get over it pal...

IPB Image

guess who that is...YOURS TRULY

Edited by Roberto Who?

Guest MrSandMan

someone needs to kick you in the mouth...just a big cry baby...i have never seen so much bitching from on person one any other message boards in my life...get over it pal...

What is it with these Ducks? I mean, you have Pronger and Neidemayer displaying classless acts trying to knock off heads, and Pronger trying to knock out other players teeth and concuss.... Which has obviously trickled down to their big bad fans, wishing to kick in teeth. Such classless violence displayed all around Disneyland!

Mickey Mouse would be ashamed of you and Pronger. (and pretty much the entire duck team)

Wowza! I was shaking there for a whole minute to a minute and a half. Think I feel better now, SHEW!

EDIT: for Grammar. So scared, I spelled a word wrong!

Edited by MrSandMan

Maybe they'll enforce the pad size rule which, in result, will put Giguere out of a job.

Yea that guys pads are seriously a problem. I hate him. That bastard blaming wings fan for TPing his house after a 5-0 loss. I t could have easiely been angry duck fans!!! f*** GIGGY!!!!

Yea that guys pads are seriously a problem. I hate him. That bastard blaming wings fan for TPing his house after a 5-0 loss. I t could have easiely been angry duck fans!!! f*** GIGGY!!!!

Yep, those darn angry Duck fans. :looney: :huh:

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Don't feed the troll.

What is it with these Ducks? I mean, you have Pronger and Neidemayer displaying classless acts trying to knock off heads, and Pronger trying to knock out other players teeth and concuss.... Which has obviously trickled down to their big bad fans, wishing to kick in teeth. Such classless violence displayed all around Disneyland!

Mickey Mouse would be ashamed of you and Pronger. (and pretty much the entire duck team)

Wowza! I was shaking there for a whole minute to a minute and a half. Think I feel better now, SHEW!

EDIT: for Grammar. So scared, I spelled a word wrong!

Do I even have to point out the inherent hypocrisy in these two posts

Guest MrSandMan

Do I even have to point out the inherent hypocrisy in these two posts

enlighten us. I'm easily amused how Duck fans can infamously fabricate something out of nothing. Impressive really. :clap:

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Yeah, but the fact remains is they will likely either lose Giguere this summer, or be forced to give up a significant amount of depth to preserve the remainder.

They only beat the Wings this year because the Wings were missing two of their top three defensemen. Had the Wings had Schneider for the conference finals, the Wings are the Cup champions because their power play would have been much more potent.

Anaheim also stayed basically injury-free through the playoffs. The Wings had some seasons where the Cup was a very real possibility if not for key injuries; this season, 1999, and 2001 come to mind as notable examples where an injury free playoff would have resulted in the Wings with a very strong chance at the Cup.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda eva. Kunitz is an integral part of the MacDonald line with Selanne and they didn't have him and beat us. Pronger misses a game and they beat us. Face it, it was a close series but they worked harder and in turn made their own luck. Yes, we outworked them at times but didn't cash it in. They scored when they needed to. We didn't for long stretches and played alot of catch up hockey. They were better than us and I don't know how you can say for certain that had Schneider been there we would've beaten them. Plus, Kronwall was not playing all that well anyway and if the 2 of them were in the lineup we may not have gotten the stellar performances we did out of Lilja and Chelios.

They beat us 3 games in a row man. That's awful. They were better.