• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jiri the man

Will the ducks be here next season

Rate this topic

Yeah, but the fact remains is they will likely either lose Giguere this summer, or be forced to give up a significant amount of depth to preserve the remainder.

They only beat the Wings this year because the Wings were missing two of their top three defensemen. Had the Wings had Schneider for the conference finals, the Wings are the Cup champions because their power play would have been much more potent.

Anaheim also stayed basically injury-free through the playoffs. The Wings had some seasons where the Cup was a very real possibility if not for key injuries; this season, 1999, and 2001 come to mind as notable examples where an injury free playoff would have resulted in the Wings with a very strong chance at the Cup.

Thats all speculation eva ...I say the result wouldve been the same. We'll never know. We dont even know how the WIngs wouldve done against Ottawa, maybe Anaheim just matched up really well with them. Again, theres really no point doing the "what if" thing.

They'll only have to pay Giguere an extra mill probably, Selanne may retire, and the cap is going up. Next year they will be perfectly fine.

i say they will probaly make the playoffs next year not sure if they will win the cup.. all i can say is that iam happy for them that they at least won it 1 time... :clap: but iam sure they will have star power again

Edited by lou

I'll tell you who'll be back next year: the WINGS

F---ing ducks won because of Giguere. and because we literally handed them a series. Do I think the Sucks will be good next season? Yes. but they sure as hell won't be engraving their god-forsaken names on the damn cup again.

Guest MrSandMan

you know the 2007 Stanley Cup ChampionsO>o :clap::clap:

Oh yes, the ****** bag team that cheated their way through the post season, used illegal tactics, and a bunch of goons including their assistant captain getting two suspensions in 5 games.

That team?

They'll be forgotten in a month. One year wonder for Disneyland's finest!

Guest MrSandMan

Wow, they look awful happy for a team that was given a cup!

How rewarding that must be :rolleyes:

I keep thinking about the piss poor missed call when hasek was pushed in the net, and then the soft call on Datsyuk to give Anaheim the chance to tie the game.. congrats to them for banking on their chances, but you would be an idiot to say that these two events had no impact on the series... what happened to the days when you had to commit murder before the reffs made a call at the most crucial point in the game..

Guest bullocks

Ducks will be a top 3 seed in the West again next year. Their only going to get better. Might lose Giguere tho, and theres talks of Selanne retiring.

I keep thinking about the piss poor missed call when hasek was pushed in the net, and then the soft call on Datsyuk to give Anaheim the chance to tie the game.. congrats to them for banking on their chances, but you would be an idiot to say that these two events had no impact on the series... what happened to the days when you had to commit murder before the reffs made a call at the most crucial point in the game..

the push in the net the refs didnt call because quite frankly they didnt think there was a goal. so u cant really blame them there we got f***ed. and with datsyuk, was that a penalty if u look in the rule book, yes...was it a penalty that should have been called at that stage of the game when it was inconsistent all series, no...but datsyuk should have never put himself in that position when the play wasnt even close to him.

If the Wings were that much better than the Ducks, why did they only have a 1-goal lead with less than a minute to go in Game 5? It should have been over by that point, right?

And if the Wings were that much better than the Ducks, why didn't they score another goal until the 3rd period of Game 6, when they were already down 4-0?

Face it, it's over, the Wings lost. No amount of crying, whining, complaining, citing who wasn't in the lineup, what calls the refs blew, or any other words will change it.

The Ducks were not the only team to commit a rule infraction during the playoffs.

The Ducks will be back next year... and so will the Wings.

If the Wings were that much better than the Ducks, why did they only have a 1-goal lead with less than a minute to go in Game 5? It should have been over by that point, right?

And if the Wings were that much better than the Ducks, why didn't they score another goal until the 3rd period of Game 6, when they were already down 4-0?

Face it, it's over, the Wings lost. No amount of crying, whining, complaining, citing who wasn't in the lineup, what calls the refs blew, or any other words will change it.

The Ducks were not the only team to commit a rule infraction during the playoffs.

The Ducks will be back next year... and so will the Wings.

Quoted for truth.

Thats all speculation eva ...I say the result wouldve been the same.

The Wings very nearly won a couple of the games they lost as it was. The number one reason the Wings lost was the failure of the PP to score. Are you suggesting Samuelsson is just as good as Schneider in that respect? Because if that's what you're saying...coke-bottle glasses might be a good near-future investment.

I think the Ducks are next team since Red Wings 97, 98 who will very propable compete to win two on maybe three straight cups.

They have Bobby Ryan growing there, and Mitera coming to defence. And that god damn good Getzlaf is one more year better.

But I predeict quite sure, that we'll have a rematch at WCF at next season, and we have too much revenge and desire to beat them. Then the Cup will be ours.

They have been in the hunt for the last couple years. i believe they will still be around next year too, well unles they have an everything must go sale this summer

They have been in the hunt for the last couple years. i believe they will still be around next year too, well unles they have an everything must go sale this summer

Yeah, it all comes down to how many guys they manage to re-sign in the offseason. It seems like half the team is either a RFA or UFA.

Guest MrSandMan

So do the Wings...

I know! that was awfully generous of the Wings not scoring on 5 on 3's....

You can also thank the refs for allowing the Ducks to play illegal games that was suppose to be eliminated from the 2004-05 lockout.

...and we can also thank the refs for making invisible fabricated calls against the Wings to decide games, when Detroit had the choke hold on a Duck. As any blood and flesh human being, those calls cursed the Wings and took the moral right out of the Dominant Detroit Red Wings team... While the refs proceeded to hand the Ducks Lord Stanly.

Bettman's plan is in motion. One way or another... NHL will be marketed in SoCal! (clearly, decided from officiating)

So tell me, do duck fans really feel happy that a cup was given to their team? I mean, it can't feel rewarding, can it? So will the Refs names be etched on the cup too? They played hard to give the Ducks the cup!

If this is the 'NEW' NHL, then it's inevitable.... plan on the National Hockey League NOT being around for too much longer.

Fire Bettman, anyone?

Q) "What team won the cup in 207"?

A) "ummm, I dont kno... Wait! It was some ****** bag team out west, right?"

A) "Kinda, It was more decided by the Refs, ordered from Bettman to promote hockey in SoCal"

Yeah, it all comes down to how many guys they manage to re-sign in the offseason. It seems like half the team is either a RFA or UFA.

Yes, but almost all important clutch players are signed up.

Except Giguere. And I'm 100% sure, he will stay there.

S.Nieds 2010, Pronger 2009, Beauche 2009, PÃ¥hlsson 2009, R.Nieds 2009, Andy McDuck 2009, Perry 2008, Getzlaf 2008, Marchant 2008

So they have only Giguere, Selänne (I except him stay, not retiring), O'Donnel, Penner and Moen unsigned of the most important core. They can do it. All the other guys are replaceable.

Edited by Henkka

In the playoffs: Absolutely

In the conference finals: Decent Chance

In the SCF's: Probably Not

Even with a bunch of UFA's/RFA's the Ducks are still solid enough with a playoff proven goaltender. They'll be back, but how far will depend on how many guys they're able to sign this summer.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

In the playoffs: Absolutely

In the conference finals: Decent Chance

In the SCF's: Probably Not

Even with a bunch of UFA's/RFA's the Ducks are still solid enough with a playoff proven goaltender. They'll be back, but how far will depend on how many guys they're able to sign this summer.

Agreed.

I think Giguere is the biggest X factor for next year. If he's still with Anaheim and what it costs them to keep him there. Assuming he'd make more than $6 million next year, that's almost $20 million dollars for three players. (Niedermayer, Jiggy, and the gap-toothed crybaby).

And as I said in another thread, the rest of their blueline is pretty much UFA's except for Beauchemin and the aformentioned indie rock hair, and the cheapshotting whiner.

There's also the off chance that Pronger will once again ditch his teammates for whoever he thinks has the best shot at winning the next Cup, then blaming his leaving on his wife and family.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Guest MrSandMan

Maybe they'll enforce the pad size rule which, in result, will put Giguere out of a job.