• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Motown

Stop the Ticket Tax! “luxury tax�

Rate this topic

http://www.notickettax.com/

"The Governor and the legislature are seriously considering putting a $100 million a year tax on every ticket to professional sporting events, shows, concerts, and movie tickets in Michigan. They are calling it a “luxury tax.†"

your thoughts?

Edited by Motown

Michigan government is full of idiots.

I think the state could get some extra money if the peoples just voted to stop paying these assholes. :crazy:

:blush: Sorry just had to vent.

I do think that it is awfully funny that all these suits that sit in Lansing make great money. I think that the reality of the situation is they are disconnected from reality.. Granholm came to my shop after it was bought out and really I don't think she had the slightest clue what the place was really about. She just knew it was a couple more tax dollars.

They are going overboard with the taxes, I know balanced budget yada yada but give some people a break yaknow?

Hah! I'm so glad I plan on moving out of damn state soon. Being run by a bunch of ******* idiots.

God damn Granholm and her God damn Union. If it wasn't for the ******* Union, Granholm wouldn't be jackhammering this state into submission. Whether or not DeVos would have been any better remains to be seen, but he had my vote. ******* bulls***.

...I'll be leaving the state in a matter of time, but I feel for the people who still have to live here. It's ******* ridiculous what that stupid dumbf*** Granholm is doing to this state. Arrgh.

Ok, I'm done dropping F-bombs now. Bleh.

They are going overboard with the taxes, I know balanced budget yada yada but give some people a break yaknow?

One funny thing is that recently there apparently was some issue with Michigan judges getting some '07 vehicles on the State's dollar.... yeah, that didn't fly. Now they're being auctioned off to recoup the money after they were taken away.

There are people sucking money out everywhere, on top of what the actual hierarchy sets forth.

Hah! I'm so glad I plan on moving out of damn state soon. Being run by a bunch of ******* idiots.

God damn Granholm and her God damn Union. If it wasn't for the ******* Union, Granholm wouldn't be jackhammering this state into submission. Whether or not DeVos would have been any better remains to be seen, but he had my vote. ******* bulls***.

...I'll be leaving the state in a matter of time, but I feel for the people who still have to live here. It's ******* ridiculous what that stupid dumbf*** Granholm is doing to this state. Arrgh.

Ok, I'm done dropping F-bombs now. Bleh.

I understand your frustration. DeVos also had my vote, but I also am not sure he could have done any better. Like an above post said, there is such a disconnect in Lansing as to what the problems are in Michigan and how to solve them. Do you know how they balanced the budget this year? By borrowing from a billion dollar fund to be used to attract other businesses to michigan. Wow, what a narrow sited way to solve a problem in the short term; by mortgaging our long term plan to turn the Michigan economy around. Good call Lansing. You definitely are a model to follow for the other 49 states.

If you are upset about the lux tax.... try googling..... "Michigan driver responsibility fee"
THANK YOU!!

I believe the Ilitch's put out this warning to those season ticket holders a while back, encourging them to fight this BS.

Michigan is getting out of control! I am almost tempted to say I miss the days of Engler! AND THAT IS BAD (especially from a Teacher's son).

I guess the roads are better these days. :lol: Thanks Engler! Sure don't miss those pot-holes!

Considering that I lost my lst job to outsourcing and took an $8,000 a year pay cut going to the new job, I don't foresee this tax ffecting me for couple years at least.

Meh, this state is fubarred. If I wasn't stuck here (my wife owns a small business in Grand Rapids), I would have been moving south a long time ago.

Wow. A luxury tax? Seriously that is there idea. Did anyone know this could also effect golfers as well. Tax the few things that actually make money in this state. Here is an idea stop allowing people to stay on welfare for as long as they need. They must have to have some restrictions there. I understand the drivers responsibility fee as long as it is only used for DUI type incidents. I have to pay them becuase I had to many points on my license. Granholm is an idiot. Her getting re-elected is as bad as Kwami getting re-elected. I think the people of michigan are just stuck in their political party views, and considering how Michiganders feel about our "president" they just vote democratic becuase it is scary to vote for a republican...

I hate politicians... :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

if you sitting in the nose bleeds you should not have to pay the luxury tax, because believe me it's not very luxurious.

now that doesn't mean i think more expensive tickets should get the luxury tax, i don't want that. but doesnt it just sound stupid if you pay $22 for a ticket and get smacked with a luxury tax?

our state should be trying to control there spending, because raising taxes can only last so long.

along with the sports taxed witch it already cost way to much to even see the Wings play, how about taxing Movies! WTF is up with that, were i live it already cost $7 just to watch a stinking movie and pop and popcorn cost more than my ticket. how about they tax Cigarette's some thing that actualy should be taxed (sorry for all the people who smoke) but on the other hand how about no more taxes and how about are state spends money the smart way.

along with the sports taxed witch it already cost way to much to even see the Wings play, how about taxing Movies! WTF is up with that, were i live it already cost $7 just to watch a stinking movie and pop and popcorn cost more than my ticket. how about they tax Cigarette's some thing that actualy should be taxed (sorry for all the people who smoke) but on the other hand how about no more taxes and how about are state spends money the smart way.

I think they already tax sin sticks.

I think they already tax sin sticks.

ya i knew that. but they should tax them even more cuz it would help alot of people quit smoking cuz they wouldnt be able to aford them.

Makes me glad that I left the state when I did. Everyone I work with complains about what their home state is doing, until I tell them about Michigan. :nonono:

When I first went away I thought that I might move back after my first retirement. Now I'm starting to think that there'll be very little left to come back to besides family.

It wouldn't surprise me if the government taxes all the sports out of Michigan before too long, along with smokers, drinkers, hunters, drivers, and workers.

This makes me sad even though I haven't lived in Michigan in over 15 years. I remember when there was a mass exodus around the late 70s-early 80's?? The state recovered, but I'm not sure if it can after this recent 'depression'. Anyhow, all these problems go up the ladder to the federal level (outsourcing etc). I don't mean to be a doomsdayist - but every politician in Wash is an idiot, I foresee no change, and I'm really worried for my kids... :(

The whole thing reminds me of the book "Atlas Shrugged" lol, or not. Where the underachieveing idiots and worthless politicians somehow take everything away from those that work hard.....sigh.

ya i knew that. but they should tax them even more cuz it would help alot of people quit smoking cuz they wouldnt be able to aford them.

Increasing the tax on cigs does very little to stop people from smoking. Going to a hockey game is a luxury like many other non-essential things in life. If it's ok to tax smokes, I don't see why hockey is any different, except that you're a hockey fan and obviously not a smoker. Don't get me wrong, I'm against raising taxes as a band-aid to the state's problems but I am also against letting people with an addiction foot the bill for the budget shortfall.

STOP THE TAX...tickets are way out of price for most. Then top it with a luxury tax...Lets see taxed on the money I earn, taxed on the money I spend before, during and after the event WTF...The old saying can't beat death and taxes...

Guest Crymson

http://www.notickettax.com/

"The Governor and the legislature are seriously considering putting a $100 million a year tax on every ticket to professional sporting events, shows, concerts, and movie tickets in Michigan. They are calling it a “luxury tax.†"

your thoughts?

A one-hundred million dollar tax on EVERY ticket to sporting events? My goodness! Who can afford such a tax?

A one-hundred million dollar tax on EVERY ticket to sporting events? My goodness! Who can afford such a tax?

BillGates, Opra and a few Arab Sheiks, Sultans whatever...

Edited by Production Line

Guest Crymson

BillGates, Opra and a few Arab Sheiks, Sultans whatever...

At this rate, one season of home games would bankrupt Oprah.

Oh please I might catch some crap for this but come on ppl.

How many of you buy enough tickets in a year for you to really be affected by this??? and if you do then paying tax on some tickets isn't really putting a hole in your wallet. From what I herd it was 6% tax on tickets. If you can't afford 6 bucks on a $100 ticket then you shouldn't be out wasting the money in your gas tank to drive to the place.

Seriously you people are over reacting.