• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Rumor: Blue Jackets may buy out Fedorov's contract

Rate this topic

He's not good enough to play for NHL powerhouse Columbus so welcome to Detroit?

Cut his contract in half and he'd be welcome there (or anywhere for that matter) with open arms. 6.08 for him is far too hefty. I'd take him at maybe 3 or less.

If you think about it he may play better in DET. He went to the ducks when he was the key player didnt do much. Went to the bluejackets did do much with no one really around him. Maybe on a second line in det where he is not the one having to score every game. He could go out on a good note. i think he would sign for less here.

This rumor doesn't make much sense considering Columbus will not spend to the cap anyway, and the only reason for buying him out is for cap space.

I don't see the appeal. He's older and been less productive than Robert Lang, and we all know how popular that guy is.....

Fedorov since the lockout

GP G A PTS +/-

73 18 24 42 -7

67 12 32 44 -2

Lang since the lockout

GP G A PTS +/-

81 19 33 52 12

72 20 42 62 17

I think he's pretty much done. IF he gets bought out I'd say bring him on for CHEAP. I can't rationalize him making more than say, Hasek who we know would contribute much more than Fedorov.

*spelling*

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2007/06/ti...th_fedorov.html

Interesting. They might buy out his last year meaning he'd become a free agent and could sign elsewhere. *coughDETROITcough*

Feds at around 2 mil or less? Ummmm I'LL TAKE IT.

Me too, If Feds could be had for around 2 mil, I'd have him back at the Wings in a heart beat. He may be coming to the end of his career , but he'd still be able to do a job playing beside's Zetts or Dats.....or both. :yowza:

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

If we could get Fedorov, then we could let Schneider go and keep Markov. Sergei is very good PP-quarterback at point with Nick. He has as good shot as Schneider. The pointplay is the only reason why we need Schneider, he is horrible at even strength.

Sergei for 2mil wouldn't be that bad.

Dats - Fedex - Bert

Homer - Zetta - Sammy

Franzen - Flip - Cleary

Kope - Dra - Malt

(Huds, Grigo)

Lidas - Markov

Lilja - Kronwall

Lebda - Chelly

(Quincey)

Hasek

Ozzie

Power-play:

Zetta - Dats - Homer

Lidas - Fedex

Sammy - Flip/Cleary - Bert

Lidas/Fedex - Kronwall

PK:

Franz - Drap

Lidas - Chelly

Cleary - Malt

Lilja - Markov

Zeta - Dats

Lidas/Chelly - Kronwall

Edited by Henkka

He's not good enough to play for NHL powerhouse Columbus so welcome to Detroit?

cleary was not good enough to play for chicago the fact is some guys can t play for a losing team

This rumor doesn't make much sense considering Columbus will not spend to the cap anyway, and the only reason for buying him out is for cap space.

they want a passing setup center like gomez to play with nash

My God. The love for Fedorov on this board is sickening.

We already have Grigorenko coming in. He's going to get a spot, no matter what. He won't settle for a 13th forward, or being demoted to the minors. If he is, then it's back to Russia he goes. So why risk that happening just to bring back Fedorov?

Ugh. I wish Fedorov would retire already, and NOT in a Wings jersey. I'm getting so sick of people wanting him back. He's useless.

Not as good as he was but I wouldn't say he was useless KP, make your point by all means but keep it real eh.

LIke I said previously, he is less productive offensively than Lang has been and plenty of people here have called Lang useless.... I'm not saying either one is, but food for thought. :D

IMO having Fedorov on point for the PP would be nice IF we don't re-sign Schneider, but I wouldn't want to pay a whole heck of a lot for a 37 year old sub-20 goal scorer who is past his prime.

My God. The love for Fedorov on this board is sickening.

We already have Grigorenko coming in. He's going to get a spot, no matter what. He won't settle for a 13th forward, or being demoted to the minors. If he is, then it's back to Russia he goes. So why risk that happening just to bring back Fedorov?

Ugh. I wish Fedorov would retire already, and NOT in a Wings jersey. I'm getting so sick of people wanting him back. He's useless.

It's called everyone has their own opinions. You can get sick of it all you want, but it's not going to change the way some of us on here think about him.

I still think that Feds coming back would most definitely help the Wings up front. The guy is an all around great player. Sure he hasn't been the same since he left, but look at the team(s) he's played on. I'd take a chance on him at 2 mil. Plus it'd be just for a season to see how it works out and if it doesn't then they can let him go. I don't see the big deal in trying him out again. He's one of the best when on his game, and I think bringing him back to the Wings would rejuvenate the guy. Plus he's great at the point, and can play defense. That in itself is great in case one of our D goes down. *Like Schneids did in the playoffs.*

Just sayin'..

It's called everyone has their own opinions. You can get sick of it all you want, but it's not going to change the way some of us on here think about him.

I still think that Feds coming back would most definitely help the Wings up front. The guy is an all around great player. Sure he hasn't been the same since he left, but look at the team(s) he's played on. I'd take a chance on him at 2 mil. Plus it'd be just for a season to see how it works out and if it doesn't then they can let him go. I don't see the big deal in trying him out again. He's one of the best when on his game, and I think bringing him back to the Wings would rejuvenate the guy. Plus he's great at the point, and can play defense. That in itself is great in case one of our D goes down. *Like Schneids did in the playoffs.*

Just sayin'..

I thinkyou present an interesting argument. IF he did get bought out maybe he actually would sign cheap. Then I'd be OK with the risk.

But I would still rather see the team get a little younger (at least under 35, we have enough older guys) and tougher and he doesn't really provide that.

LIke I said previously, he is less productive offensively than Lang has been and plenty of people here have called Lang useless.... I'm not saying either one is, but food for thought. :D

IMO having Fedorov on point for the PP would be nice IF we don't re-sign Schneider, but I wouldn't want to pay a whole heck of a lot for a 37 year old sub-20 goal scorer who is past his prime.

Rick Nash only had like 5 more points than Lang last year. I doubt anyone really thinks lang is as good as Nash is. Feds would fit in great with the line up and the payroll. He's a proven playoff performer who know's what it takes to win. KP, IMO it's staggering how much hatred there is toward the guy both on this board and down at the Joe. But that's been hashed, rehashed, and done again, so there is no point in getting into all that. Maybe some people are jaded or their memory is cloudy, but when it mattered (playoffs) the guy had the heart, skill, work ethic, and toughness to get the job done. Say what you will, but the guy wasn't and still isn't soft, and would complement Babcocks system well. Point is he's an upgrade over at least 6 players on the current forward roster, and probably more than that.

Harold, I just don't really see any baggage that would still be affecting his play on the ice still remaining. I consider that part of it a non-issue.

Rick Nash only had like 5 more points than Lang last year. I doubt anyone really thinks lang is as good as Nash is.

It's also safe to say Nash had an off year, as he matures as a player while Fedorov is on a downward trend which at least in part is due to his age/health. My point is he is NOT the guy we had for our last cup run. Would bringing him back up his production? Maybe a litlte. Maybe worth a 1-year contract at a cheaper price. All of this IF he is bought out of course.

It's also safe to say Nash had an off year, as he matures as a player while Fedorov is on a downward trend which at least in part is due to his age/health. My point is he is NOT the guy we had for our last cup run. Would bringing him back up his production? Maybe a litlte. Maybe worth a 1-year contract at a cheaper price. All of this IF he is bought out of course.

I hear you, just saying numbers don't always tell the whole story.

Obviously this is all depending on if he's bought out, or a deadline deal. I don't think anyone is saying bring him back at over 6 mil a year. I'd be more than willing to be his production would increase a decent amount playing on one of the Wings top two lines.

I hear you, just saying numbers don't always tell the whole story.

Obviously this is all depending on if he's bought out, or a deadline deal. I don't think anyone is saying bring him back at over 6 mil a year. I'd be more than willing to be his production would increase a decent amount playing on one of the Wings top two lines.

Yeah you're right, numbers aren't everything. Especially since he does have a defensive upside. I'd be skeptical IF we ended up with him for more than $2mil a year but who knows. I was skeptical of us signing Dom too. Good thing Holland knows more than I do. :P

If he is bought out I expect to see the Blue Jackets get aggressive come July 1.

Just sayin'..

Doesn't matter if he can play defense. I still don't want him back.

The way I look at it: What he did was un-forgivable. I'm not going to boo him, as I'm against that. But I do not, under any circumstance, want him back on this team. It doesn't really help that he's pretty hard to motivate, and I don't think coming back here would do it.

The Wings were great these playoffs, and like Harold said, gave themselves a new identity of being a more gritty, physical team. And you want to bring in a washed up Fedorov that is the farthest thing from that? Bad idea.

Fedorov since the lockout

GP G A PTS +/-

73 18 24 42 -7

67 12 32 44 -2

Lang since the lockout

GP G A PTS +/-

81 19 33 52 12

72 20 42 62 17

Yeah but take it into consideration that maybe Fedorov wasnt playing with a lot of passion and wasnt motovated playing with a powerhouse like Colombus :P . Put him back in Detroit we will see how fast he get's motovated, plus its a chance for his number to go into the rafters when he retires. Personally its a way for him to right the wrong.

No thanks! Since there's talk of bringing Kozlov back, and now Fedorov, why not just call up everyone from 1998 and have them play for the Red Wings next season? Maybe Murphy can come back and spare us all from his announcing, and then get D-Mac, Lapointe, Larionov, Shanahan, and anyone else to make it a happy reunion. This team is heading in a new, positive direction - no need to go back to the past. Fedorov had his time here, it's over. I'm sorry, but this is not the same guy from his glory days. We have young guys in this organization that deserve a chance to play. This team was a couple of bad bounces away from being in the Finals, there's no need to make drastic changes. Resigning Schneider and Bertuzzi should and will be the top priorities, and I am confident Holland will get that done, and the Red Wings will be poised to win another Stanley Cup.