• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Jiri Fischer UFA

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Jiri Fischer is a UFA on July 1. Does anyone know if the Wings will be making an offer? Or does he have to pass a physical to be offered a contract?

What is his status? Can he be signed?

He isn't cleared to play in the NHL, so I highly doubt anyone will sign him. I don't even know if it's legal.

In any event, he has said that he will remain with the organization in an administrative role.

I wonder if he's fisching for an oppurtunity somewhere...maybe someone will bite, i doubt it though. What kind of wormy organization would sign a guy who's health situation is so risky? We have to be reel about this, he's never going to play again.

Maybe he'll quite hockey, & take up bassball...I could see him playing 1st bass with the Florida Marlins.

He's definitely not suited to be a pitcher on the Marlins, he'd be given the hook more often than not.

I mean, lets be straight....he'd be no Tim Salmon or Catfish Hunter.

Well if sports for Fish are outta the question - maybe TV commercials ie McDonalds could use a handsome guy like Jiri - what a catch he'd be as he'd promote their Filet -O-Fisch sandwich.

Last I heard he was last seen wearing a rain slicker and muttering something about Gorton's.

Guest DetroitIan

I don't think he is even cleared to play. But if he is. Then its news to me. I would love a totally healthy Fischer. But I just don't know if he will ever be to that point. But I would want him back in a heartbeat(no pun intended) if he's 100% healthy.

I wonder if he's fisching for an oppurtunity somewhere...maybe someone will bite, i doubt it though. What kind of wormy organization would sign a guy who's health situation is so risky? We have to be reel about this, he's never going to play again.

So. Many. Puns. Brain. Reeling. (oops, I just did it, didn't I?)

Lang is looking for a job. Maybe they could get together with Brind'Amour and open Fischer's Rods and Bobbers.

I was thinking he could get together with Todd Gill.

So. Many. Puns. Brain. Reeling. (oops, I just did it, didn't I?)

Let me see what other puns i can find in my tacklebox...nope, i think im finally all out for this thread.

Well if sports for Fish are outta the question - maybe TV commercials ie McDonalds could use a handsome guy like Jiri - what a catch he'd be as he'd promote their Filet -O-Fisch sandwich.

Or theres always acting...maybe a tv series with Jason Bateman?

(i guess i had 1 more left)

I understand he will never play again but i don't see why.

If the guys heart is prone to stopping wouldn't you want him in a building with tosands of people watching him, with medical staff just waiting to go.

If he's working for the wings editing video alone or somthing and his ticker gives out he's a goner, but at least in a game situation there are people around.

If the guys heart is prone to stopping wouldn't you want him in a building with tosands of people watching him, with medical staff just waiting to go.

If he's working for the wings editing video alone or somthing and his ticker gives out he's a goner, but at least in a game situation there are people around.

Put yourself in the shoes (or skates) of any organization in the NHL. Can you imagine the backlash the NHL would get if there was another incident on the ice with Fischer? Knowing theres a life risking heart condition and letting him play anyway? The negative pub would be like NOTHING we've ever seen before.

Lang is looking for a job. Maybe they could get together with Brind'Amour and open Fischer's Rods and Bobbers.

This thread is getting downright deadly with the lol-factor!

It leaves you gasping for air!

I guess you could say Fischer is already starring in his very own movie here on LGW. Every time someone does a search on him, they're Searching For Jiri Fischer

Not to mention he used to throw a pretty mean check, mates. (not so much when he was a rook though)

Edited by Lou_Siffer

No one will even remotely go near Jiri, not to be offensive but, no one wants a player to die on their bench or on their ice.

Nor will any team have enough disrespect to try and poach him and get him cleared to play..... not that Jiri would even entertain such an offer anyways after what the Wings have done for him.....

He's definitely not suited to be a pitcher on the Marlins, he'd be given the hook more often than not.

I mean, lets be straight....he'd be no Tim Salmon or Catfish Hunter.

BAHAHAHAHAHAH.

When it comes to life and death hockey or sports in general doesn't matter that much . If I was in his position I would put my family and my life first every time.

Because no insurance company will insure him which means no team would sign a guy who can't get insured. You open yourself up to getting sued for everything you've got if the kid dies on the ice.

You have to understand that just because you have medical personnel doesn't guarantee that he'll be revived once again. Very rarely is someone revived by CPR, although AED is a little higher. As part of a sports medicine staff, I can tell you that I woudln't want that hanging over me...that's why you make clearance decisions--to protect the player. Add that to the fact that it's much more physically demanding to be playing a hockey game than to be editing video. I even hate to say this, but the liability of clearing an athelte with a life-threatening condition is so high for the sports medicine staff...I certainly don't have enough malpractice insurance to cover all the lawsuits I'd get if I cleared someone like that. Unfortunately in today's "sue-happy" world, you have to think about that end of it as well. Finally, I think he's putting his family first in that he'd rather have time with them than play one more hockey game and leave them alone. It's the right decision.

Jiri Fischer is a UFA on July 1. Does anyone know if the Wings will be making an offer? Or does he have to pass a physical to be offered a contract?

What is his status? Can he be signed?

Why would the Wings make an offer?

:o

The fact that you would even think about writing that shows that you are an utter fool.