• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

uk_redwing

Your Bertuzzi expectations if he re-signs

Rate this topic

Personally if hes re-signed, and I hope and am sure he will be, I want to see him be a tough physical power forward, who uses his size and will stick up for team-mates and to drop the gloves if needed.

Basically I hope he'll be the physical presence we've lacked this past season.

I don't see him dropping the gloves, he never really has been a fighter. But I want to see driving to the net and more checking on the scoring lines. Also, for him to be an option for a one timer between the circles would be nice, but may be too much to expect from him.

Bert doesnt need to drop the gloves in my opinion, he can make his presence felt without it, i do hope we re-sign him as having a strong forward on our team is necessary at this point

The obvious - Healthy, hard hitting, gritty, good touch around the net, don't take bad penalties, and a playoff performer.

Unfortunately that's not something he's ever really put together all at once in his career. He's shown potential for all of it, but since the Moore incident has not really been physical. And has never really matched his regular season performance in the playoffs.

I'm cutting him slack because of his long layoff and short time on the Wings, but he looked pretty lost out there most of the time. If the Wings re-sign him, I could see Bert becoming the new whipping boy here.

Balance, getting involved in the play, not floating his ass around the ice, not giving up on plays when passes don't hit the tape of his stick, put some hits on people and NOT end up on his ass himself.

Guest Crymson

I don't see him dropping the gloves, he never really has been a fighter. But I want to see driving to the net and more checking on the scoring lines. Also, for him to be an option for a one timer between the circles would be nice, but may be too much to expect from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBSFQq3qllc

He'll fight.

The 02-03 version of Bertuzzi , 30 goals , physical presence.

Same here. I want him to be the same pain in the ass to play against that he was back then. Might be asking for too much though.

Edited by FinWing

I want to see him crash and bang and score some goals!

Oooh and stick up for his mates when need be. Which I know he will. I was watching Game 5 against the Flames last night because I miss our boys dearly..and in the third period Phaneuf was messing with Franzen and Bertuzzi tackled his ass and body slammed him. That was amazing. THAT is what I like to see. :D

I want Bert to crush people into the boards and stand up for his teammates....A couple goals would be nice too.

Love your sig.

Damn I miss Kronner. Can't wait till the season starts!

I want to see him crash and bang and score some goals!

Oooh and stick up for his mates when need be. Which I know he will. I was watching Game 5 against the Flames last night because I miss our boys dearly..and in the third period Phaneuf was messing with Franzen and Bertuzzi tackled his ass and body slammed him. That was amazing. THAT is what I like to see. :D

Love your sig.

Damn I miss Kronner. Can't wait till the season starts!

I think he's going to be great this year...hopefully he can stay injury free :D

Edited by wingsfan40

I want Bert to crush people into the boards and stand up for his teammates....A couple goals would be nice too.

If we want someone who is just gonna hit people and fight you can get someone who can do it better for cheaper. I want a Bertuzzi that will drive to the net and give us a physical aspect on scoring lines and a Bertuzzi that will put up numbers. I want a Power Forward not a Hitting Enforcer.

IMO, Todd happened to be a very gifted puck handler that happened to be BIG, and had a hard time controlling his temper. Welll, he paid a lot for his temper, but he still is big, and got good hands.

Todd was never a "corner runner", although Chelios would disagree when Todd loosened his fillings that one playoff year.

I think Todd still has that desire though, seeing his chicklets after he flattened someone means he still has it.

The man had major surgery, so I would like to see him make it through the season.

Wings fans hated Todd when he was playing for Van, but I always admired his ability and the force he was/is.

#44 always did well in Van cause he had good players around him. He is GOOD with the puck, he can pass and hold off defence with is strength.

I can't see Bert being a "fear factor" for the Wings, but I like him for the skill he has.

I can't see Bert being a "fear factor" for the Wings, but I like him for the skill he has.

I can. There were lots of times during the end of the season and throughout the playoffs in which players from the opposing team had a chance to hit Bert, and instead they just backed off. Also when Bert would throw his body around and lay a big hit no one would ever retaliate on him.

He may not be as fierce as he was before, but he is still damn intimidating.