• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pucker

Raffi Torres?

Rate this topic

I'd like to see Raffi Torres be considered for the Wings roster.

He is a RFA, earning $975k.

Might be a good addition @ $1.5-2.0m, The man has grit, speed, and doesn't need Geritol.

What ya think?

Guest Crymson

Might be a good addition @ $1.5-2.0m, The man has grit, speed, and doesn't need Geritol.

What ya think?

We've been through this. A fellow on this board frequents Oilers games. He says that Torres has a less than stellar reputation amongst Oilers fans, as he is lazy and his play is uninspired. We neither need nor want another Lang here.

Well, it's either trade for him or give up compensation picks. To sign Torres to a deal Edmonton wouldn't match, that would mean 3m or 3.5m. Not only is he not worth that kind of coin, The Wings would be out three first rounders.

So we offer a trade for him. Any idea what he would cost in a trade? Probably more than the Wings would or should be willing to part with to get him.

What ya think?

Love the guy. He's basically a younger Cleary who fights more and has better hands. Could be a 25 goal scorer if playing on top 2 lines.

The Oilers are looking for a puck-moving dman though. We might be able to get away with Lebda and a top prospect or high pick. I doubt it though. They'd probably want Kronwall, which is too steep. If we're going to deal Kronwall I'd want a Horton-type player in return.

Edited by Hank

Torres has the grit and he is an impact player but he is fairly lazy on the ice. Sometimes when I watch him I want to go up and tell him to move his ass. The other problem is his consistency... when he's good, he's on fire.. but when he's bad, he will suck majorly. There's really no in-between. If he actually motivated himself he can be good consistently.

On a sidenote, the Oilers offered a contract to Torres yesterday.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. I never noticed his lazyness but then again I don't watch the Oilers. From what I've seen against the Wings it seemed like he was a hard working guy with lots of grit and feistyness that can score a bunch.

I've had my say on Torres in another thread. He is lazy and not worth 3 first rounders.

As for a trade - I don't think the Wings are willing to give up anything that the Oilers WANT in return for him.

Seems to be that you either love or hate this guy.

Yea, it would be nice to get a bunch of big name players to come in. But face it, it AIN'T gonna happen.

But I think he is worth a try, if we can get him for 2x his current salary.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. I never noticed his lazyness but then again I don't watch the Oilers. From what I've seen against the Wings it seemed like he was a hard working guy with lots of grit and feistyness that can score a bunch.

I've got to agree with you Reem . I don't get to see Torres much but from what i've saw of him he looks like he would add a physical presence and could be an impact player who could chip in with a goal or two.

If he's available .....I would like to see Kenny taking a chance on him.