• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Curban915

Kariya may test market

Rate this topic

Toronto or Anaheim is were hes going to.

No way. Kariya hates the media spotlight and definitely won't willingly sign in a hockey-first market.

I think you'll see him go back to Anaheim perhaps, but I think he'll definitely stick to a Southern market if he can help it. He'll avoid Canada like the plague.

You also might find a shrink to fix his phobia of flying.

he might have a phobia of flying but that doesnt prevent him from playing , how else does he travel to games now

I think jeff o'neill "could" be a player who isnt a big name and could become a bargain , wouldnt cost much , he can shoot , he had personal problems such as his brother dieing which slowed down his nhl career but i still think he can be a 25 goal scorer especially here considering he had hit the 30+ goal mark 3 times , including a 41 goal season

.........before you lose your mind and start complaining as you always do , im saying hes an option if other players dont work out , dont think hes one of the top players to consider now

And back to the topic for a second guys , i just remembered kariya is from vancouver and the canucks really stink on offence so i can maybe see him coming to vancouver to be close to his family

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

he might have a phobia of flying but that doesnt prevent him from playing , how else does he travel to games now

I think jeff o'neill "could" be a player who isnt a big name and could become a bargain , wouldnt cost much , he can shoot , he had personal problems such as his brother dieing which slowed down his nhl career but i still think he can be a 25 goal scorer especially here considering he had hit the 30+ goal mark 3 times , including a 41 goal season

.........before you lose your mind and start complaining as you always do , im saying hes an option if other players dont work out , dont think hes one of the top players to consider now

And back to the topic for a second guys , i just remembered kariya is from vancouver and the canucks really stink on offence so i can maybe see him coming to vancouver to be close to his family

Jeff is one of those guys who wants to end his career in Toronto..has a no trade because of that...

he's just playing out the string...who wanting a cup..would go to Toronto...

We don't need a big name. We need just Jeff O'neill to restructure his career. He is just wasted talent at that s***ty Toronto.

Holmström - Datsyuk - O'Neill (1.5)

Franzen - Zetterberg - Samuelsson

Cleary - Filppula - Bertuzzi (2.0 + bonuses)

Kopecky - Draper - Maltby

(Hudler, Grigorenko)

Swap Bert and Homer if you have problem with those lines.

Lidström - Markov (2.5)

Kronwall - Preissing (3.0)

Lebda - Chelios

(Lilja)

Hasek (2.5 + bonuses)

Osgood

Total 44,5 million without the bonuses.

JEFF O'NEILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

What is this place coming to?

I can't take these threads begging the Wings to sign/trade for guys like Marty Lapointe, Jeremy Roenick, and now...Jeff O'Neill? Whose next? Eric Lindros?

The Wings are trying to get BETTER..not take chances on guys who have not produced in 3 years.

Detroit will make a push for Smyth if they can't get Bertuzzi signed. I also think they will look for a top 4 D-man to support the loss of (at least) Schneider. After that, they will be pushing the Cap. We made it deep into the conference finals last years, i really dont think its the time to downgrade to older washed up players. Just plug one or two solid guys in the lineup and I think the Wings will compete again next year.

I can't take these threads begging the Wings to sign/trade for guys like Marty Lapointe, Jeremy Roenick, and now...Jeff O'Neill? Whose next? Eric Lindros?

The Wings are trying to get BETTER..not take chances on guys who have not produced in 3 years.

Detroit will make a push for Smyth if they can't get Bertuzzi signed. I also think they will look for a top 4 D-man to support the loss of (at least) Schneider. After that, they will be pushing the Cap. We made it deep into the conference finals last years, i really dont think its the time to downgrade to older washed up players. Just plug one or two solid guys in the lineup and I think the Wings will compete again next year.

we took a chance on bertuzzi who didnt do anything in years due to injuries and suspensions

we took a chance on hasek who was injured with the sens

the wings are willing to take chances on certain players at bargain prices , granted o'neill isnt a superstar but if everything falls apart for us and we dont get the guys we want i can see holland taking a chance with a o'neill on a 1yr 2 mil deal , its not a big risk and longterm deal , and hes 31 , hes not old hes just been struggling with his career the last few seasons since his brother died ........again im not saying hes the guy we will look at but if july 1st comes and all the big names are gone and we got guys like o'neill stumpel yashin , id rather take o'neill then those guys

we took a chance on bertuzzi who didnt do anything in years due to injuries and suspensions

we took a chance on hasek who was injured with the sens

the wings are willing to take chances on certain players at bargain prices , granted o'neill isnt a superstar but if everything falls apart for us and we dont get the guys we want i can see holland taking a chance with a o'neill on a 1yr 2 mil deal , its not a big risk and longterm deal , and hes 31 , hes not old hes just been struggling with his career the last few seasons since his brother died ........again im not saying hes the guy we will look at but if july 1st comes and all the big names are gone and we got guys like o'neill stumpel yashin , id rather take o'neill then those guys

The problem is O'Neill was NEVER a superstar - he has never even scored 70pts. Bertuzzi was only 1 year removed from superstar status. Holland is not stupid enough to offer O'Neill a 2 MILLION dollar deal. He wont even pay Chelios a Million, what makes you think he will take 2 million dollar chance on Jeff O'Neill? He was a healthy scratch on several occasions in TORONTO - a non-playoff team.

The problem is O'Neill was NEVER a superstar - he has never even scored 70pts. Bertuzzi was only 1 year removed from superstar status. Holland is not stupid enough to offer O'Neill a 2 MILLION dollar deal. He wont even pay Chelios a Million, what makes you think he will take 2 million dollar chance on Jeff O'Neill? He was a healthy scratch on several occasions in TORONTO - a non-playoff team.

mikael nylander is the name

Zetteberg/datsyuk/homer

gregirenko/nylander/bertuzzi

franzen/fillipula/samuelson

cleary/draper/malts

mikael nylander is the name

Zetteberg/datsyuk/homer

gregirenko/nylander/bertuzzi

franzen/fillipula/samuelson

cleary/draper/malts

ill pass on nylander ......................and btw guys about ryan smyth i heard on tsn earlier that hes seeking a 6.5 per year deal for 5 years .........LOL thats just laughable , i mean hes good but 6.5 is ridiculous we got holmstrom who's almost the same kind of player and smyth at 4 mill less , gotta love homer

Where does he go, Would he work in winged wheel

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nas070627.html

No. We have an abundance of small skilled forwards - Datsyuk, Fillpula, Hudler. We don't need another one. Granted Kariya >> Filpulla or Hudler but we need more size

We will not pursue Ryan Smith. He will go for $6-7M after an intense bidding war. We will sign Bert, Hasek and probably Matty. Markov will go elsewhere. You are dreaming if you think that we will get into a bidding war for Smyth when we are struggling to keep the guys that we have and stay under the cap.

No. We have an abundance of small skilled forwards - Datsyuk, Fillpula, Hudler. We don't need another one. Granted Kariya >> Filpulla or Hudler but we need more size

We will not pursue Ryan Smith. He will go for $6-7M after an intense bidding war. We will sign Bert, Hasek and probably Matty. Markov will go elsewhere. You are dreaming if you think that we will get into a bidding war for Smyth when we are struggling to keep the guys that we have and stay under the cap.

Well according to some 'rumors' the Wings are very interested in Smyth - but I think you are right, we would never win a bidding war with another team over the guy. I am more content with the Wings trying to keep Bert.

Really really really not a good idea with all the Wings frequent flyer miles.......

*Ba-dum-ching* :D

we need tough guys. the "finesse-forwards" approach hasnt worked all too well.

That isn't so much the problem anymore. The Wings proved they aren't going to cower away from "physical" teams by beating teams such as Calgary and San Jose who are known for their "physical" and aggressive play. The Wings dished just as many hits out as well. I won't deny they could use somebody like Smyth or another big forward, but the team doesn't need a whole lot of re-tooling in order to have a better chance at a Cup next season.

We don't need a big name. We need just Jeff O'neill to restructure his career. He is just wasted talent at that s***ty Toronto.

Holmström - Datsyuk - O'Neill (1.5)

Franzen - Zetterberg - Samuelsson

Cleary - Filppula - Bertuzzi (2.0 + bonuses)

Kopecky - Draper - Maltby

(Hudler, Grigorenko)

Swap Bert and Homer if you have problem with those lines.

Lidström - Markov (2.5)

Kronwall - Preissing (3.0)

Lebda - Chelios

(Lilja)

Hasek (2.5 + bonuses)

Osgood

Total 44,5 million without the bonuses.

Doesn't Grigorenko have to be in the line up or he can go back to Russia?

i never said o'neill was a superstar , i can see the appeal of a bertuzzi and before you tell me off id welcome him back but he hasnt scored over 25 goals in the last 4 years .....back to o'neill and your chelios statement , chelios is 45 years old thats why hes not paying him more money , that and the fact that chelios is taking less money to help the team , if chelios said hey kenny i really deserve more money i want 1.5-2 million for 1 year deal , you think kenny would say f*ck off ??

Chelios is doing like holmstrom and taking less money to stay with us , and help the team ........as for o'neill he played 74 games last few seasons he didnt miss many games , i still think playing for the right team he can get a 25-30 goal season , and you make it sound like paying a guy like o'neill 2 million for 1 year is a horrible deal

Its a one year deal so its not like we'd have to worry about him past this season if he didnt work out , hes scored 30+ , 3 times , his goal scoring production has been on the decline since his brother died so maybe a change of scenery would help him out , i just think you can do alot worse then o'neill on a ONE year deal worth 2 mill .......if he can be had for less then 2 million then by all means thats even better

And again im not saying he should be our number 1 priority this off season , but if the guys we want are all gone and theres a few guys left like o'neill he might be one player id be looking at

yes , so he'll play ....... i got high hopes for him

Well according to some 'rumors' the Wings are very interested in Smyth - but I think you are right, we would never win a bidding war with another team over the guy. I am more content with the Wings trying to keep Bert.

Same here. I wish that they could get him, but it seems incredibly unlikely. I do want them to make a move on a finisher before summer's through though, we need that.

And on Bert, it's probably time to use my new avatar of him!

He can't go back to Grand Rapids, specifically. He doesn't have to play on the lineup... but basically though.

I'm way curious about this guy. More incentive for me to go to Traverse on September 13.

Really really really not a good idea with all the Wings frequent flyer miles.......

I seem to remember that the A-TEAM (que theme song) always seemed to find a way to lure B.A. into eating something that was laced with a random drug to knock him out in order to get him to fly.

Maybe the Wings could use the same approach with O'Neil?

I seem to remember that the A-TEAM (que theme song) always seemed to find a way to lure B.A. into eating something that was laced with a random drug to knock him out in order to get him to fly.

Maybe the Wings could use the same approach with O'Neil?

It was almost always in the milk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY44AgrZaGM

No surprise there! He wants to be on a contender and the Predators are not it. The Wings do not need his big salary. Besides, we need bigger and younger guys than him to compete with the other big teams in the west like Calgary, San Jose, Vancouver, Anaheim. We need someone more are willing to drop the gloves who can protect Dats and Zetterberg. Must add grit to the lineup not finesse if we want to make another cup run.