• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

North Guy

Bertuzzi a Duck: 2-Years, $8M

Rate this topic

It's called Ad Hominem, instead of attacking your stance, they try to discredit you by calling you a groupie or whatever. It usually works, because it either makes the poster stop posting because they are embarrassed, or distracts them from the topic at hand.

You don't have to explain or defend why you like Bertuzzi. The length of time he was here is irrelevant to the fact that you want him to stay. I don't see why people have such a problem that people are disappointed in losing Bert...ugh.

It's called Ad Hominem, instead of attacking your stance, they try to discredit you by calling you a groupie or whatever. It usually works, because it either makes the poster stop posting because they are embarrassed, or distracts them from the topic at hand.

You don't have to explain or defend why you like Bertuzzi. The length of time he was here is irrelevant to the fact that you want him to stay. I don't see why people have such a problem that people are disappointed in losing Bert...ugh.

You're absolutely right.

The thing that people on here need to know is I don't get embarassed easily, if at all, nor do I care what anyone says about me. So, really, they can talk all they want.

Laugh all you want. Apparently it's the thing nowadays to get ripped on for liking someone that hasn't been a Wing for long. Big freaking deal.

I never said I wanted the Wings to overpay him. The whole point was that he wanted a longer term. Obviously two years would of been good for him, but the Wings only offered ONE. That is my problem with this all.

Holland - and this coming from me - is smart as hell if he insisted on a 1 year deal no matter what. I'm glad it worked out the way it did. Bertuzzi says he loved Detroit, the guys and said he was hoping to be a part of all the good things happening here in Detroit. That was bulls*** as soon as it came out of his mouth. He wasn;t worth anything more than a gamble on a 1 year deal. He disagreed. Oh well.

Holland - and this coming from me - is smart as hell if he insisted on a 1 year deal no matter what. I'm glad it worked out the way it did. Bertuzzi says he loved Detroit, the guys and said he was hoping to be a part of all the good things happening here in Detroit. That was bulls*** as soon as it came out of his mouth. He wasn;t worth anything more than a gamble on a 1 year deal. He disagreed. Oh well.

'tis bulls*** 'cause he DID NOT wants t' do it one year at a time... keepin' his life in limbo? give me a break!

You guys really do need to stop sticking up for Bertuzzi.

If he really wanted to stay here like he said, he could have compromised. But I have to agree with previous posters. I think all of what he said was just media bulls***, because it sure didn't take him long to ditch us, did it? I mean, he could have given Holland a week of negotiations or something, but he bolted on the 2nd day of free agency. What, did he have a gun to his head or something? Is that what I'll hear next?

Put simpily, he could have given the negotiations a little more of chance. He wasn't given what he wanted right away, so he basically said "F U" to the Wings just like that. He shouldn't be defended, since this one isn't Hollands fault. Bertuzzi wanted to be greedy and wanted more money then he is clearly worth, so he got it. After this turn of events, I don't miss him a bit. He came out to the media and said how much he loved it here, and then out right left in 2nd day of free agency. That's bulls***.

Considering how much Anaheim ended up giving him, this is even better for the Wings. You're crazy if you think Bertuzzi is worth 4 million a season.

Edited by Kp-Wings

I still love Bert. It's stupid for you to think that I wouldn't stick up for him just because he went on to greener pastures. He's not stupid. I've liked him mostly when he's not been a Wing, so I can adapt, but I'd have loved to see him here.

No i do nah see that he did anythin' wrong... he didn' say FU t' th' Win's as a crew... but t' th' Win's as a matter o' them only givin' 'im 1 year as an option. I would Say FU t' that too... I wants stability 'n beable t' settle into a ship afore possibly nah gettin' re-signed th' next year.

as i said afore... do nah kid wit' yourself enough t' reckon that had we offered Rafalski 1 YEAR he would o' even come here... he would 'ave said FU also.

It takes more than 1 year t' entice many players. That be why ye be seein' a lot more multi-year deals.

offer 'im 3 years at 3million a year 'n I bet Bertuzzi be still a win'.

Edited by OsGOD

No i do nah see that he did anythin' wrong... he didn' say FU t' th' Win's as a crew... but t' th' Win's as a matter o' them only givin' 'im 1 year as an option. I would Say FU t' that too... I wants stability 'n beable t' settle into a ship afore possibly nah gettin' re-signed th' next year.

Come on. Seriously, he could have at least given Holland a week to make up his mind. Not 1 ******* day.

Come on. Seriously, he could have at least given Holland a week to make up his mind. Not 1 ******* day.

Holland seems t' be pretty set in his negotiatin' ways... I do nah reckon any more time would 'ave done anythin'.

he prolly told bert straight up... 1 year be all.

Now ye be out t' fend fer yourself... Do sit a wait or cover yer owns arse?

Edited by OsGOD

So wait we can't stick up for him or want him on our team anymore because he decide to go elsewhere with a team more interested in him than the Wings?

I guess it's wrong for me to defend Brodeur, Cujo, St.Louis, Roenick..etc too then? Seeing as how they are my favorites that don't play on the Wings. Give me a break people.

Fact of the matter is I am disappointed because I would of loved to see what he could do with a full season under his belt, and him being healthy. He could of done wonders for the Wings. That is why I am pissed about losing him. And no, I don't believe he ditched us, nor do I think it had anything to do with money. Money was never the issue, the term was. He's a family man. He wanted to have a home here permanently, have his kids go to school, and not deal with moving around anymore. Signing him to a one year contract would of been very unstable for him. I could see why he wanted two or more. Makes all the sense in the world. I really do believe he wanted to stay here. Especially hearing Draper, and specifically Chelios talking about how much he kept stating he loved it here. It really came down to who wanted him more, and that was Anaheim. The fact that some of you are dissing him and Schneider when he signed with the Ducks is just wrong.

So wait we can't stick up for him or want him on our team anymore because he decide to go elsewhere with a team more interested in him than the Wings?

I guess it's wrong for me to defend Brodeur, Cujo, St.Louis, Roenick..etc too then? Seeing as how they are my favorites that don't play on the Wings. Give me a break people.

Fact of the matter is I am disappointed because I would of loved to see what he could do with a full season under his belt, and him being healthy. He could of done wonders for the Wings. That is why I am pissed about losing him. And no, I don't believe he ditched us, nor do I think it had anything to do with money. Money was never the issue, the term was. He's a family man. He wanted to have a home here permanently, have his kids go to school, and not deal with moving around anymore. Signing him to a one year contract would of been very unstable for him. I could see why he wanted two or more. Makes all the sense in the world. I really do believe he wanted to stay here. Especially hearing Draper, and specifically Chelios talking about how much he kept stating he loved it here. It really came down to who wanted him more, and that was Anaheim. The fact that some of you are dissing him and Schneider when he signed with the Ducks is just wrong.

Preach it sista!

No pirate t' english translater needed thar fer ye landlubbers!

Edited by OsGOD

The fact that I never liked the guy in the first place (until he came to Detroit) makes it all the more easier. Now that he's gone, I don't have to make excuses for him anymore.

The Wings were plenty interested in him, but didn't believe in overpaying him (like Anaheim did). If he really liked it here so much, he would have taken money he's actually worth. Under no circumstance is Bertuzzi, at this point in his career, worth 4 million a season. And I think half the people on these forums, with the exception of the Bertuzzi lovers that I'm talking to right now, will agree me.

Like I said, now that he is no longer in Detroit, I can hate him again just like I used to. I have my reasons, even beyond Steve Moore.

The fact that I never liked the guy in the first place (until he came to Detroit) makes it all the more easier. Now that he's gone, I don't have to make excuses for him anymore.

The Wings were plenty interested in him, but didn't believe in overpaying him (like Anaheim did). If he really liked it here so much, he would have taken money he's actually worth. Under no circumstance is Bertuzzi, at this point in his career, worth 4 million a season. And I think half the people on these forums, with the exception of the Bertuzzi lovers that I'm talking to right now, will agree me.

Like I said, now that he is no longer in Detroit, I can hate him again just like I used to. I have my reasons, even beyond Steve Moore.

LOL...what? You don't have to like people because they come to the Wings.

I dont think I've ever met anyone (other then myselve) who didnt hate Bertuzzi , even after the Moore incident.

Good Luck In Anaheim Bert , you shouldve stayed though.

Aye! nice t' meet ye... now ye know two! ;)

wha' be that smell... oh wait here 'tis homerism at its finest lol

That's usually how it works for me though. I suck in it and root for them, even though I think they're total assholes. Good example: Ulf Samulesson.

Good to hear! :D

His first game back t' th' JLA aft th' "incident" I met 'im aft th' game 'n shook his hand, welcomed 'im back 'n had 'im sign me ticket stub.

You guys really do need to stop sticking up for Bertuzzi.

If he really wanted to stay here like he said, he could have compromised. But I have to agree with previous posters. I think all of what he said was just media bulls***, because it sure didn't take him long to ditch us, did it? I mean, he could have given Holland a week of negotiations or something, but he bolted on the 2nd day of free agency. What, did he have a gun to his head or something? Is that what I'll hear next?

Put simpily, he could have given the negotiations a little more of chance. He wasn't given what he wanted right away, so he basically said "F U" to the Wings just like that. He shouldn't be defended, since this one isn't Hollands fault. Bertuzzi wanted to be greedy and wanted more money then he is clearly worth, so he got it. After this turn of events, I don't miss him a bit. He came out to the media and said how much he loved it here, and then out right left in 2nd day of free agency. That's bulls***.

Considering how much Anaheim ended up giving him, this is even better for the Wings. You're crazy if you think Bertuzzi is worth 4 million a season.

The proverbial "nail on the head". :thumbup:

wha' be that smell... oh wait here 'tis homerism at its finest lol

Oh Christ. I'm a homer because of that?

I could have pulled a Draperfan and just ranted on and off until I turned blue about him. At the time though, I was in favor of the move, because the Wings needed a player like Bertuzzi. But after the way he played here, which he was basically useless, that notion soured on me. I still wanted him back, because I believed he could still be a factor if healthy.

But now, after seeing he left because Holland wouldn't fork over money he's not worth, well that's the straw that broke the camel's back. It isn't just about the length, like you all like to believe. The real fact is cash dollars, and Bertuzzi wanted a lot more then he's worth. Greed at it's finest.

Money was never the issue, the term was. He's a family man. He wanted to have a home here permanently, have his kids go to school, and not deal with moving around anymore. Signing him to a one year contract would of been very unstable for him. I could see why he wanted two or more.

So if it wasn't a money issue, why didn't he tell Holland that he'd like to stay for a suitable price that would allow him to do so (stay an extra year or whatever)? I mean if he's really this big family guy, and was tired of moving. Don't you think he would have taken a pay cut just to settle rather than move to California now? The fact is, that it was a money issue as well. Holland would have gave him a lengthy contract if it was at a cheap price, but obviously that was never going to happen.

Holland couldn't create a credible figure for Bertuzzi for a lengthy contract either, due to the uncertainty of the road ahead (i.e. Lidstrom, Zetterberg, etc.), and the uncertainty that remains with Bertuzzi's health as well, and not to mention the possibility of other injuries during the season.

So if it wasn't a money issue, why didn't he tell Holland that he'd like to stay for a suitable price that would allow him to do so (stay an extra year or whatever)? I mean if he's really this big family guy, and was tired of moving. Don't you think he would have taken a pay cut just to settle rather than move to California now? The fact is, that it was a money issue as well. Holland would have gave him a lengthy contract if it was at a cheap price, but obviously that was never going to happen.

Holland couldn't create a credible figure for Bertuzzi for a lengthy contract either, due to the uncertainty of the road ahead (i.e. Lidstrom, Zetterberg, etc.), and the uncertainty that remains with Bertuzzi's health as well, and not to mention the possibility of other injuries during the season.

how would th' pay cut o' done that? I mean 1 year be still 1 year... he wanted more TIME nah more MONEY. 9mil fer 3 years might have kept 'im

That's usually how it works for me though. I suck in it and root for them, even though I think they're total assholes. Good example: Ulf Samulesson.

You should have sucked it up a little harder for Lang then. <_<

PLEASE stop with the whole money issue. It was NOT about the money. It was about the length of the contract. No one here is saying that Bert should be getting 4 million, or that Holland should of offered him that. He wanted a year or two more in terms. That is all. Everyone stating it was about the money is just making excuses so they can hate the guy all over again. How many times in the papers, and coming from Ken Holland did he say that it was about the term, and not money? So there ya go. Enough already.