• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

North Guy

Bertuzzi a Duck: 2-Years, $8M

Rate this topic

That's it, if they ever make a Mighty Ducks 4 I'm so not watching it.

:lol:

okay, that actually made me giggle. Dammit...the last straw for D4! Those Ducks would be older than Indiana Jones :)

Im talking about overall...I think the team will be as good as last years. Getzlaf will become a star imo, Penner and Perry will continue to improve, and also Ryan could be good if he joins. For defense, i dont think Beauchemin has really hit his peak yet either. Im just saying with those in-house improvements, it kinda offsets the downgrade of Schneider/Bertuzzi vs Niedermayer/Selanne.

But luckily they won the Cup this year so they'll severely lack in hunger,which is the most important thing when tight playoffs games are decided.

The retirement of Niedermayer (nearly $7M) and Selanne ($6M).

Selanne has given some interviews here which gave me the impression he'll be back.

Nothing's certain,but I wonder if he'll take a big hometown discount now -if he does come back?

Oh, he will be. He will be.

Why though?

So we hated him before, then we embraced and loved him and now that he's gone we have to boo and dislike him again?

You're probably right because that's how most fans are, but I really hope we won't be like that. Especially since he really wanted to stay here.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Guest Crymson

Awww he thanks the Wings. That's great when he was only with us for a few months.

We're going to miss you, Big Bert. :(

BTW, he better not be booed when we face him.

Allow me to be the first to tell him to go F*** himself. Greedy bastard.. all that talk of "oh, I love Detroit, I really want to play here."

..."when it became clear that nothing was going to be done with Detroit."

Uhm, ok. It took you 30 hours to figure that out for good, after all that talk? Please. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Edited by Crymson

Awww he thanks the Wings. That's great when he was only with us for a few months.

We're going to miss you, Big Bert. :(

BTW, he better not be booed when we face him.

He was here for a few months and did nothing...why is it that he is sacred?

"Awww he thanks the wings..." by leaving us. How is that great. He has to do that, or look like a jerk in the press.

Just once HC, Id like to see you not say sweet things about every single player who plays here, good or bad. Youre making a sad face, and the guy did nothing!

"Oh no, they fired the kid that hands out towels...were gonna miss you Timmy! :("

Sorry for the rant, but good lord.

Guest Crymson

If there's one upside to this situation, it's that I no longer need to feel morally ambiguous about having him on the team.

"Awww he thanks the wings..." by leaving us. How is that great. He has to do that, or look like a jerk in the press.

Just once HC, Id like to see you not say sweet things about every single player who plays here, good or bad. Youre making a sad face, and the guy did nothing!

"Oh no, they fired the kid that hands out towels...were gonna miss you Timmy! :( "

HAHAHAHA!!!

I'm sorry, you know I love ya Reem, but this giant robot is making me laugh off my ass!!! :lol::lol::lol:

"Oh no, they fired the kid that hands out towels...were gonna miss you Timmy! :( "

Are you seriously ragging on me for liking a player? For feeling bad for him? The Wings didn't give him a damn chance. They knew he was battling three injuries in the playoffs and that he wasn't 100% healthy. He wanted to stay here longer and he said that his back was fine and he'd be good to go, but they didn't want to take a 'risk.' Holland could of signed him to a two or three year deal and if it didn't work out they could of easily bought him out. I don't see the big deal. Nor do I see the big deal in me feeling for players because I get attached to them. Be it a year, a week, or just a few months. That's just how I am so deal with it.

If there's one upside to this situation, it's that I no longer need to feel morally ambiguous about having him on the team.
Yeah Crymson. That and we have that $4 million that the Ducks threw at him still to spend.

Are you seriously ragging on me for liking a player? For feeling bad for him? The Wings didn't give him a damn chance. They knew he was battling three injuries in the playoffs and that he wasn't 100% healthy. He wanted to stay here longer and he said that his back was fine and he'd be good to go, but they didn't want to take a 'risk.' Holland could of signed him to a two or three year deal and if it didn't work out they could of easily bought him out. I don't see the big deal. Nor do I see the big deal in me feeling for players because I get attached to them. Be it a year, a week, or just a few months. That's just how I am so deal with it.

Your a great person and a great fan. Don't let it bother ya! :thumbup:

Guest Crymson

Are you seriously ragging on me for liking a player? For feeling bad for him? The Wings didn't give him a damn chance. They knew he was battling three injuries in the playoffs and that he wasn't 100% healthy. He wanted to stay here longer and he said that his back was fine and he'd be good to go, but they didn't want to take a 'risk.' Holland could of signed him to a two or three year deal and if it didn't work out they could of easily bought him out.

I think you're playing this situation off of information that is at best suspect and at worst totally wrong. You say that the Wings didn't give him a chance? I disagree. They made him an offer, one which they felt was appropriate. He found it insufficient, so he went and signed in Anaheim for far more than we would have given him.

Buyouts use cap space, on top of the fact that they cost the organization money. The Red Wings have not, with the exception of the lockout, bought out a player in a LONG time. One does not see teams sign players to large contracts, thinking "oh, it's okay--we'll just buy him out if he doesn't play well." It just doesn't work that way.

Holland is one of the best GMs in the league, and you know it. Plus, I'm sure that Nill and Yzerman were of the same opinion as he on the situation, else it might have been different. You are, here, trying to spin the story to make Holland look bad just because you liked Bertuzzi and wanted him to stay. I understand that you'd have loved for him to continue playing here, but playing the blame game--especially with suspect info--is both useless and mean.

Why though?

So we hated him before, then we embraced and loved him and now that he's gone we have to boo and dislike him again?

You're probably right because that's how most fans are, but I really hope we won't be like that. Especially since he really wanted to stay here.

Agreed. It seems people like booing for the sake of it.

Holland is one of the best GMs in the league, and you know it. Plus, I'm sure that Nill and Yzerman were of the same opinion as he on the situation, else it might have been different. You are, here, trying to spin the story to make Holland look bad just because you liked Bertuzzi and wanted him to stay. I understand that you'd have loved for him to continue playing here, but playing the blame game--especially with suspect info--is both useless and mean.

I have always defended Holland, and do think he is the best GM in hockey. I just don't like the fact that he tells us we'd be getting 2 outta the 4 free agents back, yet everyone of them is elswhere. Except Hasek. But even with him..you never know. I don't like being in the position where I see every GM doing something, while all the great players are being taken. No one out there that's left intrigues me. I'm hoping he'll suprise us with something unexpeceted, and soon. I'm just not pleased so far that's all.

i say f*** hasek too, we got 8 mill, lets send offers to Lundqvist or Emrey,NY or Ottawa won't be able to match, lets get us our #1 goalie and use howard as trade bait.

this was on the first page of the thread and i couldn't agree more. if it was 4 mil for the wings or him walking, get the f*** out. he'll be hurt come december. mark those words.

and yeah, we have some cap space now i say split it between a big power forward and a big name goaltender and call it a done and done off season. neither of those are a dime a dozen of course, but there are some out there.

i wanna know where all this ducks cash is coming from. the rangers too. did they get cap exceptions or are the players selling they're souls for a cup??? i'd maybe take a 500k-1mil dsicount to be a with a tema i loved, but if i was salanne i sure as f*** wouldn't take a 1 year 2.5 mil deal or anything s***ty like that.

i'm sleepy and making no sense now. good night all....

Guest Crymson

I have always defended Holland, and do think he is the best GM in hockey. I just don't like the fact that he tells us we'd be getting 2 outta the 4 free agents back, yet everyone of them is elswhere. Except Hasek. But even with him..you never know. I don't like being in the position where I see every GM doing something, while all the great players are being taken. No one out there that's left intrigues me. I'm hoping he'll suprise us with something unexpeceted, and soon. I'm just not pleased so far that's all.

If Holland and Co turned down Bertuzzi, they did so because they felt that what he was asking for would not benefit the team. If they were desperate for players of his caliber, they would have given him what he asked for.

Markov is not worth more than $2.5m.

Draperfan must be sooo happy. Haha.

As much as I may have also had lingering resentment fo the guy.... I did want him to stay. I really just thought he could somehow recapture his dominant self. Obviously he has a history with Burke, and I have a bad feeling with him, he will return to that form. Just in someone elses Uni. If we had landed one of the other big names out there, this wouldn't have been so bad. But pretty much everyone I could have wanted is gone. Shizzaty.

We'll see.

meh, i never liked bert anyway. and especially not at $4M per year.

well, i hope the duck's PK is freakin' stellar next year, cuz they'll need to be. and without nieds to boot.

and reem, seriously... what is it about bert that has you all creamy? i just don't see it.

and reem, seriously... what is it about bert that has you all creamy? i just don't see it.

Is this lets grill Reem day?

You don't see it because you're not me. I think he would of been very good here, and able to make a difference. His size, toughness, and great hands would of really helped. He's also the type of guy you'd want to protect your star players. Someone that doesn't take crap from anyone, and will dish it out and fight if he has to. The Wings haven't had a player like that in years, and then finally we acquire him, and while risky at first, everyone thought him being healthy this year would of done us really well, and well now he'll be doing that for another team and it sucks.

I think the wings gave him a chance, and he didnt rise to the occasion. Holland would have given him an even better chance this season, but he saw bigger $ signs and said "Screw Detroit" There is nothing poor about the way he was treated by Holland...in the end, the guy wanted more cash.

So Holland should him to a 2-3 year deal when its still unknown how well he can even play? The buy him out? Thats crazy talk. A one year deal for todd to show his stuff then cash in next year was what we needed here.

"I love Detroit...my family is close...blah, blah, blah" Ok, thats real sweet. Where is he now? Anaheim. For 4 million a year they can have him.

Im not ragging you for liking a player at all. I'm ragging because I don't do the blind allegiance thing much. Some players deserve my heartfelt emotions, some dont. I just think its odd to see someone who has NOTHING but good things to say all of the time. Thats a little naive to me. Just my opinion.

I just think its odd to see someone who has NOTHING but good things to say all of the time. Thats a little naive to me. Just my opinion.

Wanna know why I don't have anything bad to say about anyone? Because there is nothing to say.

I guess seeing the guys a lot be it in practices, games, or just talking to them kinda makes me feel that way too. Big deal.

I have always defended Holland, and do think he is the best GM in hockey. #!-I just don't like the fact that he tells us we'd be getting 2 outta the 4 free agents back, yet everyone of them is elswhere. Except Hasek. But even with him..you never know. #2-I don't like being in the position where I see every GM doing something, while all the great players are being taken. #3-No one out there that's left intrigues me. I'm hoping he'll suprise us with something unexpeceted, and soon. #4-I'm just not pleased so far that's all.

1- Schneider at 5.5 is insane, and Holland was right to turn him away.

Bertuzzi wasnt worth the 4 mill he wanted. End of story.

Markov isnt elsewhere yet, neither is hasek.

2- How many of those GM's have had the success that the wings have though? Would wrapping up 7 million in Chris Drury make us a cup favorite? No. We need to be thinking about the 6-7 million Z is going to command next year too...We already have 3 players making 6+...

3- They dont have to intrigue you, or us...they have to make sense, be feasible, and be the right fit.

4- What would please you? to have signed Bert, and have 4million left for a d-man and a goalie? We cant afford that.

Id love to see a big name land here too, but until we shed one of our big names (Lids, Zetterberg, Dats, Rafalski) then it most likely wont happen.

Wanna know why I don't have anything bad to say about anyone? Because there is nothing to say.

"Theres nothing to say" is the blind allegiance thing that I think is lame. No one is perfect, theres always something. You feel free to say what you will. I just disagree.

I guess seeing the guys a lot be it in practices, games, or just talking to them kinda makes me feel that way too. Big deal.

And thats cool. Im the same way...Ive been a wings fan since before you were born, and I am very emotional about the team, so I totally get what youre saying.

That being said...

Goodbye Lang, cool guy but does nothing, glad we didnt pay you 4 mil. :clap:

By Schneids, you arent worth 5.5 :clap:

By Bert...I wish you would have built a home here, but you wanted money. Enjoy. :clap:

By Calder...um...later!

Still glad youre gone Manny!

Shanny, you broke my heart, so screw you

Stevie, I'll always man-love you. :P

Edited by GiantRobot