• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

North Guy

Bertuzzi a Duck: 2-Years, $8M

Rate this topic

so you go from hating the guy to loving the guy in less than 31 hardly memorable games? how "genuine" was his comments about wanting to stay in detroit? it all sounds a bit asinine to me. geez, what would you do if pronger ever bacame a wing? how did you feel when hatcher was gone after his short stint with the wings? my guess is probably not nearly the same that you feel about bert now.

in the grand scheme of things, big bert won't even be a footnote in red wing history. and he won't be missed by many either.

I think what Reem mean's is that she hated the guy because he was a pain in the ass , as in he was a good player that caused alot of problems for the Wings anytime he played them, and was happy (as was I) to have a player of his calibre playing for us than against us.

I sort of understand it, dunno if I can properly articulate it, 'cos I've tried to defend Bert to non-Wings.

I THINK what I see, and what many here have seen, in the guy is as a near-Biblical tale: The Prodigal Son (mind you, I'm not preaching here, just suggesting a convenient allegory).

Never felt that one cheap hit should crucify him: but for the grace of the hockey gods, there goest Pronger.Everyone is entitled to overcome their past

Just not with the Ducks. :P

I think what Reem mean's is that she hated the guy because he was a pain in the ass , as in he was a good player that caused alot of problems for the Wings anytime he played them, and was happy (as was I) to have a player of his calibre playing for us than against us.

Thank you!

so you go from hating the guy to loving the guy in less than 31 hardly memorable games? how "genuine" was his comments about wanting to stay in detroit? it all sounds a bit asinine to me. geez, what would you do if pronger ever bacame a wing? how did you feel when hatcher was gone after his short stint with the wings? my guess is probably not nearly the same that you feel about bert now.

in the grand scheme of things, big bert won't even be a footnote in red wing history. and he won't be missed by many either.

Well that's your opinion.

I wasn't even talking about the comments of him wanting to stay here. That has nothing to do with it. And honestly why do you care? Who I like and support is who I like and support. I could care less what anyone else thinks. I mean really is there even a point to your comments? Becaues I sure as heck don't see one.

I feel the same way. I just wish that we could have seen what he can really do in a Wings jersey as opposed to a Ducks jersey. <_<

My thoughts exactly.

don't get me wrong, i was happy (albeit skeptical due to his history) when bert signed but i'm definitely not going to shed any tears or lose any sleep now that he's gone. for me, it's like he was never here to begin with. to be so deeply saddened by the departure of a player who never really was a part of the team just seems a bit silly to me. but whatever...

don't get me wrong, i was happy (albeit skeptical due to his history) when bert signed but i'm definitely not going to shed any tears or lose any sleep now that he's gone. for me, it's like he was never here to begin with. to be so deeply saddened by the departure of a player who never really was a part of the team just seems a bit silly to me. but whatever...

See you don't get it. First of all I am not deeply saddened. This isn't like someone died or something so stop with the exaggeration. I am upset. WHY? Because he could of been a big difference for the WIngs given he's heatlhy, which he stated he would be come regular season. I am upset because we didn't get to see him at his best. We saw him play while he was battling three injuries and that isn't fair. That's my point. It has nothing to do with me barley knowing the guy or seeing him play very few games in a Wings uni. I WANTED to see him here for awhile because I know what the guy is capable of doing for a team.

People are so deeply saddened because everybody know's what type of player he is capable of being . and would have liked to have seen him getting back to his best playing for the Wings.

People are so deeply saddened because everybody know's what type of player he is capable of being . and would have liked to have seen him getting back to his best playing for the Wings.

He hasn't been that player in nearly 4 years though.

You'd think Lidstrom was leaving Detroit with the way everyone is reacting. Honestly, what is the big deal? Bertuzzi sucked when he was here. I just denied it at the time, since I thought having a full season under his belt could get him to get his s*** together. But since he decided to abandon us for a nicer salary, then all I say is screw him. He wasn't worth what he got. Simple as that.

He hasn't been that player in nearly 4 years though.

You'd think Lidstrom was leaving Detroit with the way everyone is reacting. Honestly, what is the big deal? Bertuzzi sucked when he was here. I just denied it at the time, since I thought having a full season under his belt could get him to get his s*** together. But since he decided to abandon us for a nicer salary, then all I say is screw him. He wasn't worth what he got. Simple as that.

I know he's not been that player for a while now , but he's back to full fittness now and alot of fan's were hoping that he might have been able to get back playing that way again . They see a player that's capable of being the power forward and providing the Wings with the toughness they need, and are just disappointed that they lost out on seeing him play fully fit .

See you don't get it. First of all I am not deeply saddened. This isn't like someone died or something so stop with the exaggeration. I am upset. WHY? Because he could of been a big difference for the WIngs given he's heatlhy, which he stated he would be come regular season. I am upset because we didn't get to see him at his best. We saw him play while he was battling three injuries and that isn't fair. That's my point. It has nothing to do with me barley knowing the guy or seeing him play very few games in a Wings uni. I WANTED to see him here for awhile because I know what the guy is capable of doing for a team.

ok, so more "depressed" than "deeply saddened". my bad. :rolleyes:

point being, bert didn't do anything as a red wing to deserve the accolade and admiration he's been getting. does he have the potential of returning to be a dominant player again? sure, but there is also a real chance that those days have long passed him by. i guess time will tell, and holland didn't want to gamble 4mil per year to find out.

here's a good joke about potential versus reality:

"a kid comes home from school with a writing assignment.

he asks his father for help: 'dad, can you tell me the difference between potential and reality?'

his father looks up, thoughtfully, and then says: 'sure son. go ask your mother if she would sleep with robert redford for a million dollars.

then, go ask your sister if she would sleep with brad pitt for a million dollars. when you have your answers, tell me what you've learned.'

the kid is puzzled, but he decides to see if he can figure out what his father means.

he asks his mother, 'mom, if someone gave you a million dollars, would you sleep with robert redford?'

his mother looks around slyly, and then with a little smile on her face says, 'don't tell your father, but, yes, i would.'

then, he runs up to his sister's room and asks her, 'sis, if someone gave you a million dollars, would you sleep with brad pitt?'

his sister looks up and says, 'omigod! definitely!'

the kid goes back to his father and says, 'dad, i think i've figured it out. potentially, we are sitting on two million bucks, but in reality, we're living with a couple of whores.'"

I know he's not been that player for a while now , but he's back to full fittness now and alot of fan's were hoping that he might have been able to get back playing that way again . They see a player that's capable of being the power forward and providing the Wings with the toughness they need, and are just disappointed that they lost out on seeing him play fully fit .

I don't know man... how fully fit can he be after such back problems? My guess is his back will never be back to 100% and even when fully healthy, he hadn't been the same impact player he used to be. I guess we'll see how he does as a Duck and then pass judgement.

Btw, your sig is SO cool. Almost gave me chills. :cool:

I really doubt he is back to being fully fit. He hurt his back (again) in the Anaheim series, even though he didn't miss any games.

People got to remember how good of staff the wings have. Kenny always listens to his fellow workers and to get input from Steve Yzerman, Jim Nill, Jim Devellano, and Scotty Bowman is a big bonus. They all know what they are doing and I have full faith in them.

People got to remember how good of staff the wings have. Kenny always listens to his fellow workers and to get input from Steve Yzerman, Jim Nill, Jim Devellano, and Scotty Bowman is a big bonus. They all know what they are doing and I have full faith in them.

Nah sayin' that I do nah trust th' uppers.. but Gretzky was th' "great one" on th' ice 'n th' "great bum" when given a crew.... Jus' 'cause ye be good on th' ice does nah mean ye be always a genious in th' business world.

Nah sayin' that I do nah trust th' uppers.. but Gretzky was th' "great one" on th' ice 'n th' "great bum" when given a crew.... Jus' 'cause ye be good on th' ice does nah mean ye be always a genious in th' business world.

Are you saying Yzerman, Bowman, Nill, and Devellano are all wrong and don't know what their talking about? Please tell me you're not.

Holland isn't the only decision maker. Obviously someone else felt Bertuzzi isn't worth 4-5 million a season. And I agree with them too, because he's not.

ok, so more "depressed" than "deeply saddened". my bad. :rolleyes:

point being, bert didn't do anything as a red wing to deserve the accolade and admiration he's been getting.

Are you jealous or something? I mean seriously..what's it to you? It's not about admiring the guy. It was about wanting him on the team because some of us feel that a healthy Bert can do some damage.

Are you saying Yzerman, Bowman, Nill, and Devellano are all wrong and don't know what their talking about? Please tell me you're not.

Holland isn't the only decision maker. Obviously someone else felt Bertuzzi isn't worth 4-5 million a season. And I agree with them too, because he's not.

I be sayin' blindin' followin' someones decisions 'cause they hold an cabin higher than ye can be dangerous. I be nah sayin' they be wrong... but I be nah sayin' wha' they do be always right either. They be human they can let personal issues wit' certain players shade thar logic jus' like so many on here can.

How dare says I that I know... Bad me... Bad me...!

Edited by OsGOD

Guest Crymson

This is all completely academic now. He's gone. That's that.

Are you jealous or something? I mean seriously..what's it to you? It's not about admiring the guy. It was about wanting him on the team because some of us feel that a healthy Bert can do some damage.

yeah, you got me pegged. i'm jealous that i don't have a bunch of groupies all over my nuts for being a shadow of a shell of my former self. that's exactly it. <_<

So we did win the :cup: ?

:butbut:

Well o' course nah... We needs MORE DEFENSE 'n LESS FORWARDS... we be in th' process o' makin' that adjustment right now... Kenny 'n Co. are cap'n o' findin' bandaid solutions t' th' most obvious... lack o' scorin' issues.

yeah, you got me pegged. i'm jealous that i don't have a bunch of groupies all over my nuts for being a shadow of a shell of my former self. that's exactly it. <_<

You know, this whole argument is too bad.

I AM deeply sad about Bertuzzi leaving. I was so excited when we got him. I loved the thought of his big body banging around out there...especially when he's healthy. I'm sad that we couldn't at least see how it would all pan out.

Then again, I liked Bertuzzi in Vancouver, and I wasn't one of those people who just hated him after the Moore incident. I met the guy and he's a really, really nice great guy, and I'd love to see him be able to make amends in the Detroit uniform.

Now that he's gone, I am really sad, because...it'll never happen. :(

And I think it's sort of out of line to call people groupies because they are upset about a player leaving...

Bertuzzi kept saying it wasn't about the money. I kept hearing he was willing to take 2.5 mil, but just wanted a longer term.

I laugh when I see you say how you have a whole new appreciation for Bertuzzi now. I'm not sure what games you watched, but I recall him ACTUALLY doing something on a shift, maybe once or twice in the Calgary series. To be nice, i'll say maybe even once or twice again against the Ducks. Next season he'll be just another overpaid player. And since he's on Burke's squad - let's hope he's a BIG TIME bust.

As for Holland, i'm GLAD he's not a betting man, because no way in hell should Bertuzzi have been deserving of anything more than a bonus laden contract of MAYBE 2 years at around 2.5-3 million per. Gotta side with Holland on this one no matter what transpired.

Edited by motorcitykid

I laugh when I see you say how you have a whole new appreciation for Bertuzzi now. I'm not sure what games you watched, but I recall him ACTUALLY doing something on a shift, maybe once or twice in the Calgary series. To be nice, i'll say maybe even once or twice again against the Ducks. Next season he'll be just another overpaid player. And since he's on Burke's squad - let's hope he's a BIG TIME bust.

As for Holland, i'm GLAD he's not a betting man, because no way in hell should Bertuzzi have been deserving of anything more than a bonus laden contract of MAYBE 2 years at around 2.5-3 million per. Gotta side with Holland on this one no matter what transpired.

Laugh all you want. Apparently it's the thing nowadays to get ripped on for liking someone that hasn't been a Wing for long. Big freaking deal.

I never said I wanted the Wings to overpay him. The whole point was that he wanted a longer term. Obviously two years would of been good for him, but the Wings only offered ONE. That is my problem with this all.

Laugh all you want. Apparently it's the thing nowadays to get ripped on for liking someone that hasn't been a Wing for long. Big freaking deal.

I never said I wanted the Wings to overpay him. The whole point was that he wanted a longer term. Obviously two years would of been good for him, but the Wings only offered ONE. That is my problem with this all.

Scallywags aren't gettin' past th' $$'s 'twas th' length o' time that he said Detroit wasn't workin' around.