Kopecky Filppula

Lidstrom Lilja

Kronval Rafalski

Chelios Lebda

Quincey

Osgood Howard

Hasek UFA still unsigned

Hudler Meech both RFA's.

I could go with the D that we have with the likelyhood of Kindl coming in for Quincey. Not sure that Meech will get a look in as I think Ericsson will be looked at this year. If Hudler signs then we have 4 full lines signed up at the forward

postions. Possably not as I have listed them, I think Filppula is earmarked as the new C for the 2nd line, but with who?

Dats and Zets will more than likely stay together and I do feel that once Grigorenko settles he will be a top 6 guy. So

is there any of the prospects going to come up if Hudler goes and we don't sign any UFA's? Will be interesting to see

who the Wings invite to the camp in Sept.

i'd be amazed if Kindl didn't spent the season in GR..unless he REALLY impresses..

our forward depth worries the hell out of me..

sammy on the 1st line???

come on...that thought alone makes me cringe

i'd be amazed if Kindl didn't spent the season in GR..unless he REALLY impresses..

our forward depth worries the hell out of me..

sammy on the 1st line???

come on...that thought alone makes me cringe

The top 6 winger signing is essential. But then so is Hasek and so is the defenseman, although we may go cheap.

The top 6 winger signing is essential. But then so is Hasek and so is the defenseman, although we may go cheap.

another D isn't essential..

i didn't even think the rafalski signing was essential, or necessary..

we're incredibly deep in D considering

Lidstrom

Kronwall

Chelios

Lebda

Lilja

QUincy

Meech

Ericsson

Kindl

add to that Rafalski now..

we really don;t need another defenseman..

but yes..crazy dom is a must, as is some forward ability.

at this stage if Dats and Zett go down, we are UTTERLY f***ed with our current crop of fowards.

And who do we have in depth..

Hudler might not come back.

Grigenko unproven and a rook to boot.

Ellis? - he's a grinder

Bootland? - bah...

Mursak, Helm and Emmerton arn't ready yet...

it's ugly out there folks...

i'm not saying we should have signed Bertuzzi or Calder, because they were both busts, but a couple of non touted FA's would have been nice. Nagy, or Handzuz maybe. I would have liked Owen Nolan, but he's gone to Calgary.

i'm just worried that were going to be relying on a 42 year old goal tender and defense to carry us this year, and...hmm...well boring hockey much?

the wings bored the pants off me last year, and they get even more defensive i'll go stark raving mad. not duck supporting mad though

Samuelsson Zetterberg Holmstrom

Grigorenko Datsyuk Franzen

Cleary Draper Maltby

Kopecky Filppula

Lidstrom Lilja

Kronval Rafalski

Chelios Lebda

Quincey

Osgood Howard

Hasek UFA still unsigned

Hudler Meech both RFA's.

I could go with the D that we have with the likelyhood of Kindl coming in for Quincey. Not sure that Meech will get a look in as I think Ericsson will be looked at this year. If Hudler signs then we have 4 full lines signed up at the forward

postions. Possably not as I have listed them, I think Filppula is earmarked as the new C for the 2nd line, but with who?

Dats and Zets will more than likely stay together and I do feel that once Grigorenko settles he will be a top 6 guy. So

is there any of the prospects going to come up if Hudler goes and we don't sign any UFA's? Will be interesting to see

who the Wings invite to the camp in Sept.

Here's how I see it, as it currently stands:

Zetterberg Dats Homer

Sammy Flip Franzen

Cleary Draper Maltby

Grigs Huds Kopecky

Lidstrom Lilja

Rafalski Kronner

Chelios Lebda

Hasek

Osgood

Some of the possible permutations: If we add a top 6 forward, Franzen or Sammy will likely be shifted down and knock out Kopecky. If Hudler isn't re-signed, look for a veteran forward a la Greg Johnson to sign to center the 4th line. Dats and Z could be split up, with Grigs and Hudler auditioning in the top 2 lines, depending on their defensive stability. At the end of the day, Sammy is a serviceable 2nd line player, but really is better suited as a depth player. He seems like he's maxed out on his potential, whereas Grigs and Hudler have oodles of potential, but are still unproven. I think a lot will rest on their attitude and willingness to buy into Bab's system.

At this point, there is a pretty glaring need for a true, proven 2nd line winger, but I'm holding out hopes that one of the kids can fill that role. I think Franzen has the potential, as well.

D looks fine, but I still cringe a bit seeing Lilja on the top pair. He had a great playoff though, so maybe he turned a corner in his professional development. I wonder about Chelios as well, I can't help but feel nervous when I consider his age, but he plays so damn well, that I don't know what to think.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the matter. They will probably be moot in a couple of weeks with the addition of a top six forward (and possibly a roster player being moved), a depth D man, although I don't quite know what that means. If we're looking for a third pair d man, then I would think that Cheli would move up to the 2nd pair, Kronner with Lids, and Lilja to the 3rd pair or 7th d.

I still think Z and Dats will be separated.

Franzen - Z - Sammy

Grigorenko - Dats - Homer

Hudler - Flip - Cleary

Kopecky - Drap - Malt

Lidström - Kronwall

Lilja - Rafalski

Lebda - Chelly

Quincey

Hasek?

Ozzie

Hell no to Sammy on the first line. Cleary should be on the first line.

No kidding... if that is our line up... oh my, kill me now.

Looking at it on paper really shows what huge holes we have to fill... Lang, although lazy and sucking, provided some hint of possible offense. Bert while slow and bumbling and giving up pucks, gave some hint of possible scoring touch and toughness. We never saw what Calder really had to give. Markov was nothing special, but had a little bit of grit.

Seeing Sammy and Franzen on the top two lines scares the hell out of me. Cleary definitely deserves a spot on the top two, but even that is a little scary.

Okay Kenny, I believe in you, but this is looking a little weak my friend.

Guest Agalloch

We need to get Hasek, and two top six forwards. I really wanted Markov back, but that's not going to happen now, and we need forwards. Our forwards are in horrendous shape right now.

Let's see what Kenny can do. He has, what, eight million? To get Hasek and a couple of forwards. It's looking grim.

...especially with the rumors floating around of Hasek getting 2 years and $10 Million from the Kings. That would really send us into rebuilding mode.

Hasek is really starting to scare me. The guy is mental and mental people do crazy things, like take $10 Million from a crappy team.

...especially with the rumors floating around of Hasek getting 2 years and $10 Million from the Kings. That would really send us into rebuilding mode.

Hasek is really starting to scare me. The guy is mental and mental people do crazy things, like take $10 Million from a crappy team.

Yeah I saw a posting about that in the Rumor Mill section, If Hasek leaves what then ? Aebischer? Howard? I'm not enjoying the FA period nearly as much as I thought I would . :(

Samuelsson Zetterberg Holmstrom

Grigorenko Datsyuk Franzen

Cleary Draper Maltby

Kopecky Filppula

Grigorenko, who hasn’t yet played an NHL game, is on the second line while proven youngster Filppula is on the 4th?

Hasek won't leave don't worry, he loves Detroit. Hopefully Kenny gets a top 6 forward and a top 6 defensemen as well. I just pray the guys he picks are gritty, because god we need that!

Dats, Zets, Homer

Cleary, Draper, Malts

Grigs, Kopecky, Flip

Hudler, Sammy, Franz

Lids, Kronwall

Chellios, Lebda

Lilja, Rafalski

Quincey

Looks like we have our team!

Let's try it and see how it plays out

Edited by Wildwings44

If he wants that then screw it, go without. I really don't care for Osgood but I'd put up with him until Jimmy Howard is ready. No way does Hasek get $5mil a year.

Wow, actually looking at our lines on paper, the team looks brutal. We have one line, and then a tossed salad of borderline 3rd and 4th liners. Yikes. It's true, if Dom does bolt to LA, then this will really be our rebuilding year. We can then reload with a decent draft pick for once, and a great crop of UFAs next off-season.

Where have you heard this?

Guest Agalloch

The Wings need a top 6 scoring forward. I wouldn't be surprised if Kenny wants to add an experienced Dman as well.

If Dom doesn't come back, there are plenty of options. For instance, a trade with Toronto for Raycroft. Belfour, ect..

Yes, let's get Andrew "Red Light" Raycroft to be our number one goalie. Or Ed Belfour, whom seems to have a run in with the law every other day (he's also old and bad).

Guest Agalloch

Oh, that's ******* great. There's already few decent players left, and now he's going to wait until ALL the decent players are gone. Not only that, but I've heard "Hasek is going to sign this week" for the past month.

We're screwed.

Looking at the roster on paper, I want to see a top 6 forward who can score goals and I'd like to see somebody who will throw their body around and drop the gloves (stupid instigator rule).

And of course re-signing Dom.

If these things don't happen I won't freak out, but I will be nervous all the way til the trade deadline.

Yes, let's get Andrew "Red Light" Raycroft to be our number one goalie. Or Ed Belfour, whom seems to have a run in with the law every other day (he's also old and bad).

I’d gladly take Andrew "Red Light" Raycroft is he can recapture his 2003/04 form.