• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

Peter Forsberg

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

I've thought about this particular topic quite frequently. I have a good friend who is a huge Forsberg fan. And like every offseason that Forsberg is available, he brings it up to me. But I've hated "Flopsberg" for YEARS. So I have never wanted him in the winged wheel. I have always been against it. Especially considering his history with injuries. But this offseason has been very interesting. And the more and more I thought about it, the more I realized that if we could get Forsberg for a reasonable price, and a shorter term deal, it could actually work for us. Im certainly not dead set on it or anything, but for the first time ever, I have went from a "no way" attitude, to actually considering and thinking about it. Any thoughts???

No.

While I actually don't mind the prospect of having a dirty little ***** on the team to piss the opposition off, we might as well sign Ville Niemenen for that. Forsberg, if healthy, is a great player. But the fact that he basically has a glass foot now is enough to say no.

Guest DetroitIan

No.

While I actually don't mind the prospect of having a dirty little ***** on the team to piss the opposition off, we might as well sign Ville Niemenen for that. Forsberg, if healthy, is a great player. But the fact that he basically has a glass foot now is enough to say no.

Yeah I totally see that perspective as well. Especially the "dirty little *****" part. lol But if he can stay healthy, he could be the quality winger that we need. Only if we can get him for a reasonable price of course.

He'd have to be very, very reasonable, since he's spent most of last season nursing a sore ankle and barely played. Last time I paid any attention, he'd been to about 8 different doctors, didn't like any of them, and was upset about not being able to find skates that didn't hurt, after trying a bunch of different customized skates. And he's supposed to be tough enough to play hockey? :blink:

I don't like his sneaky, whiney, diving ways... and probably would never be OK with him in a winged wheel. I am sure Nick Lidstrom - and every other Swede on Earth - loves him to death, but I just never pictured him as fitting in with the guys in Detroit. Of course, people can say the same about Cheli and I love him. I don't see a great deal of up-side unless he plays for peanuts.

Plus, he's creepy looking. :P

that's what I think. heh~

i would never want to see Forsberg here.

too injuried.

plus it just wouldnt seem right...

can't help but think of him and the Avs from the good ole days from the Wings/Avs rivalry.

Guest DetroitIan

If he could stay healthy and didn't demand silly money , I say why not. I hate the guy as much as everybody else but no one can deny that when he's on top of his game the guy is one of the best.

Yeah, thats kinda the way Im looking at it as well. As much as I hate the guy(for years). We need a skilled winger. And we all know how skilled he is when he's healthy. And for the right price, might not be a bad idea. It will be alot less risky if he signs a cheaper deal. Which he may have to no matter where he plays. Why not here?

too injuried.

can't help but think of him and the Avs from the good ole days from the Wings/Avs rivalry.

I would love to see him come play here in Dallas. We need more old injured players!!!

Guest DetroitIan

too injuried.

Very true. Which is why it definitely wont break my heart at all if we dont get him. Im just down about some of our losses. And I would love to see us add a little more offensive talent before the offseason ends. Preferably a bigger name player.

Guest DetroitIan

LOL !!

He IS creepy looking indeed !

Like he did botox his entire face ..

I get a vampire vibe from him, lol. He would look just right in a vamp flick. If he opened his mouth and I saw fangs, I wouldnt be suprised at all. :lol:

hell freezes over on a day this happens.

the very last symbol of hatred we once had towards the Dives and a once physical tough Red Wings. the last bastion of Wings honor.

no, no, no. let the name Krupp be a remainder of what ex-Dives can do with Wings.

Serious. Lindros worked out great for us. Bring in foreskin AND Mike Peca. That sounds good...

You got a good 10 games out of him. That's what is usually part of the deal wherever he signs. :P

You got a good 10 games out of him. That's what is usually part of the deal wherever he signs. :P

The guy still has skill,that isnt the question. He was one of the few guys energized for us in the playoffs. At least he hasnt had a concussion in like 5 years :). We lost Nagy and Sydor too, we are hurting worse than before on offense, yet NOTHING has happened. Doug Armstrong=Wost GM in the NHL, and I say that on the behalf of all stars fans. At least you guys picked someone up...

i know hes been hurt but ive always wanted him here and when healthy he can still play .......as long as hes ready for the playoffs then i dont care , he said he might come in the new year and then look for a place to sign ? If i was holland id use lidstrom like the avs used sakic and make him call forsberg and convince him to come , if i were holland id tell him ill give you 2.5 million for 1 year and take as much time as possible till your ready for the playoffs to come help us

But realistically i know it wont happen

Guest Crymson

I've thought about this particular topic quite frequently. I have a good friend who is a huge Forsberg fan. And like every offseason that Forsberg is available, he brings it up to me. But I've hated "Flopsberg" for YEARS. So I have never wanted him in the winged wheel. I have always been against it. Especially considering his history with injuries. But this offseason has been very interesting. And the more and more I thought about it, the more I realized that if we could get Forsberg for a reasonable price, and a shorter term deal, it could actually work for us. Im certainly not dead set on it or anything, but for the first time ever, I have went from a "no way" attitude, to actually considering and thinking about it. Any thoughts???

Nobody knows if Forsberg will retire yet. The word out is that he'll play for Colorado if he plays for anyone.

Even if we COULD get him, I'd not take the gamble.