• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ShanahanMan

Stuart to LA

Rate this topic

3 days into free agency, and over half of the big names are gone. While this makes it exciting right now, if there's nobody left over the summer, it'll get pretty dull.

Still got Sheldon Souray out there. He's the one who I've really been watching. I want to see just how much a team is going to pay for this guy. If the Islanders get involved like the rumors say, expect quite a few 0's to be thrown in on the end of his paycheck.

If the Wings go and shell out 3 mill for a forward now, im going to pretty furious over the thought that we couldve had the combination of Ryan Smyth and Brad Stuart over Rafalski and Kozlov for instance.

If the Wings go and shell out 3 mill for a forward now, im going to pretty furious over the thought that we couldve had the combination of Ryan Smyth and Brad Stuart over Rafalski and Kozlov for instance.

yea, its pretty irritating but at this point we have no other options.

Kozlov hasn't signed here though.

These signings for LA don't mean dick right now, since they still haven't addressed the need for a starting goalie. Cloutier sucks, and Burke is old. Barry Brust and the Japanese guy were all released, but they weren't the answer either.

Kozlov hasn't signed here though.

These signings for LA don't mean dick right now, since they still haven't addressed the need for a starting goalie. Cloutier sucks, and Burke is old. Barry Brust and the Japanese guy were all released, but they weren't the answer either.

yeah you gotta wonder what the kings are doing right now. I mean it's really good that a team like that is getting al these good FA. But they can ask Vancover about having a stacked team and letting ol' danny boy tend the crease.

Oh yeah? Smyth wanted to be in the west. Stuart wanted to be on the west coast. I'm sure it'll filter through the media eventually that both turned down bigger money elsewhere (much like Rafalski did to come here).

Oh yeah? Smyth wanted to be in the west. Stuart wanted to be on the west coast. I'm sure it'll filter through the media eventually that both turned down bigger money elsewhere (much like Rafalski did to come here).

Colorado isnt exactly California. I have to think winning is important to Smyth at this point in his career....i cant really see the geographical difference between Colorado and Detroit being a determining factor. If it comes out that we actually offered him something legit (and not just a lame 5 mill offer), then fine i cant complain. But until then, we'll never know.

Colorado isnt exactly California. I have to think winning is important to Smyth at this point in his career....i cant really see the geographical difference between Colorado and Detroit being a determining factor. If it comes out that we actually offered him something legit (and not just a lame 5 mill offer), then fine i cant complain. But until then, we'll never know.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nhl/story/10243722

Sakic is probably nearing retirement, Smyth signed a 5 yr deal. How many seasons will he actually play with Joe? Hey, maybe a call from Yzerman to come here couldve been persuasive. Like i said, if it comes out that we did make a push for him then i cant say anything.

Are you nuts??? He isn't worth that. He had a good week when he got traded to Calgary and then nothing. His lack of play helped the Wings beat Calgary last year. He's overrated and not worth 3.5 million.

Thank the hockey gods that the Wings didn't pay that.

Sakic is probably nearing retirement, Smyth signed a 5 yr deal. How many seasons will he actually play with Joe? Hey, maybe a call from Yzerman to come here couldve been persuasive. Like i said, if it comes out that we did make a push for him then i cant say anything.

Would you really want the Wings to get into a Tampa Bay situation? Have 3 forwards close to 7m/yr?

Edited by Heaton

Would you really want the Wings to get into a Tampa Bay situation? Have 3 forwards close to 7m/yr?

I know what you mean, which is why i was pissed about the Datsyuk extension when it happened, but i think Smyth wouldve been huge. You probably dont agree with this, but so you know where im coming from, i really think the team is in dire need of a couple North Americans in its core...at least one top player. When i see Smyth available..i see him as being that ideal guy. So with him gone now and nobody else being available, i get frustrated.

I know what you mean, which is why i was pissed about the Datsyuk extension when it happened, but i think Smyth wouldve been huge. You probably dont agree with this, but so you know where im coming from, i really think the team is in dire need of a couple North Americans in its core...at least one top player. When i see Smyth available..i see him as being that ideal guy. So with him gone now and nobody else being available, i get frustrated.

I do agree with that notion. This team is really way to European based.

Not that I'm anti-Euro or anything, but the Wings will never get any respect from around the league if they sign 10 Swedes every offseason. Guys like Samulesson are so useless and uneeded on this team. Please, I wish the Wings would get someone else instead of him. It doesn't have to be a North American either, though that's prefered. If you want to go European, then at least fill his spot with a gritty European like Ville Niemenen or Evgeny Artyukin. These guys like Samulesson though are just wasting space.

The Wings really do need more North American players though. Again, it's not an anti-Euro thing, but you can't win without a few true Canadian or American leaders on the team. The Wings don't have many of those currently, which is really what they need.

Not that I'm anti-Euro or anything, but the Wings will never get any respect from around the league if they sign 10 Swedes every offseason. Guys like Samulesson are so useless and uneeded on this team. Please, I wish the Wings would get someone else instead of him. It doesn't have to be a North American either, though that's prefered. If you want to go European, then at least fill his spot with a gritty European like Ville Niemenen or Evgeny Artyukin. These guys like Samulesson though are just wasting space.

The Wings really do need more North American players though. Again, it's not an anti-Euro thing, but you can't win without a few true Canadian or American leaders on the team. The Wings don't have many of those currently, which is really what they need.

I'm not necessarily anti-euro either, i think you can have a blend of the two. But I 100% believe, until proven otherwise, that no predominantly european led team can win the cup.

My feelings on Samuelsson of course, are kinda obvious :lol:

It would be nice to have a top 6 that wasnt entirely European, wouldnt it?

As for Stuart, 3.5 is a good deal. As is the idea of trading Samuelsson.

It would be nice to have a top 6 that wasnt entirely European, wouldnt it?

As for Stuart, 3.5 is a good deal. As is the idea of trading Samuelsson.

Yeah and in that perfect hockey dream we'd get a north american power forward back for him :clap: