• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Official 2007-08 Red Wings Schedule

Rate this topic

Sat Feb 9, 2008 Red Wings @ Maple Leafs 3:00 PM ET

Sun Feb 10, 2008 Ducks@ Red Wings 1:00 PM ET

Why the hell would they schedule the games like this?

I would think the league would want the Saturday game at primetime for the Hockey Night in Canada audience.

And then to fly back home and play a matinee game the next day.....Stupid

CBC probably has the triple header going... Two Canadian teams in the prime time slot.

Wings-Leafs @ 3pm

Canadiens-Sens @ 7pm

Lanche-Canucks @ 10pm

Guest DetroitIan

Seriously, the people that actually like this schedule must be about 15 and they simply don't remember great rivalries with Toronto, etc. Even before the lockout, you got to see each team every year. That way, it would be no more than every two years that you got to see a particular team play at the Joe. Now it could literally be years.... Fu*k Columbus, Nashville, and other teams that acutally like this sh*t. The schedule should be about the fans, and it clearly is not. :thumbdown:

Thats the exact reason Im not upset at this schedule. We're actually playing them this year. All the people bitching about the schedule is just wasting their time. Playing a division team 8 times is an NHL RULE. So until that rule changes. All we can do is compare this schedule to the last one. And this is DEFINITELY an improvement on the last Wings schedule. We open with the Ducks. We play the Senators AND the Leafs. So actually this isnt too bad at all. So your little "must be 15" theory is right out the window. Considering I've been a Red Wings fan since '86. Which is probably before you were born.

Thats the exact reason Im not upset at this schedule. We're actually playing them this year. All the people bitching about the schedule is just wasting their time. Playing a division team 8 times is an NHL RULE. So until that rule changes. All we can do is compare this schedule to the last one. And this is DEFINITELY an improvement on the last Wings schedule. We open with the Ducks. We play the Senators AND the Leafs. So actually this isnt too bad at all. So your little "must be 15" theory is right out the window. Considering I've been a Red Wings fan since '86. Which is probably before you were born.

Ummm this is actually worse than last year's schedule because we played the Leafs AND Sens at HOME last season.

Guest DetroitIan

Ummm this is actually worse than last year's schedule because we played the Leafs AND Sens at HOME last season.

Did we??? Wow I really dont remember us playing the Leafs at all. I must have missed the game or something. I remember the Sens. But I totally forgot about the Leafs. Which was the main reason I was so happy with this years schedule. Hmmm.....I guess its not as much of an improvement as once thought.

Did we??? Wow I really dont remember us playing the Leafs at all. I must have missed the game or something. I remember the Sens. But I totally forgot about the Leafs. Which was the main reason I was so happy with this years schedule. Hmmm.....I guess its not as much of an improvement as once thought.

come on..

the leafs game we won 5-1 with 5 PP goals, when our PP SUCKED. It was #30 in the league before that game

Haha, figures. They do this every year with the Conference finals rematch. Just like last year with Buffalo - Carolina.

Oh well. Bring it Anaheim. You guys won't nearly be the same team without Neidermayer and Selanne. Schneider and Bertuzzi are pretty piss poor replacements.

Did anyone notice that from Mar 1 to the end of the season, the Wings play only teams in their division? Except for the 1 game against the Stars.

Yeah, caught that... oddly enough while I was complaining to co-workers about last years schedule and the cluster of games against Columbus and Chicago at the end of the season. Low and behold... there it is again!!

CBC probably has the triple header going... Two Canadian teams in the prime time slot.

Wings-Leafs @ 3pm

Canadiens-Sens @ 7pm

Lanche-Canucks @ 10pm

Yeah, that's Hockey Day in Canada. Four games....one in the afternoon, two at 7pm (the other being Battle of Alberta) and then the COL/VAN game at 10.

Guest jaytan

Did anyone notice that from Mar 1 to the end of the season, the Wings play only teams in their division? Except for the 1 game against the Stars.

Cool, so at the most important time of the regular season, we won't have to play any good teams at all.... This scheduling sucks. I hate playing all these divisional games against these lame teams they call our rivals.

Cool, so at the most important time of the regular season, we won't have to play any good teams at all.... This scheduling sucks. I hate playing all these divisional games against these lame teams they call our rivals.

That depends on how these teams are doing at that point. You know, St. Louis or Columbus could (very unlikely though) pull a Pittsburgh and really turn themselves around next season. Like I said, it's unlikely. But for the sake of having some competition in the divsion, let's hope one of them does.

From the schedules I've seen, that appears to be intentional on a league-wide scale.

Terrible. The ONLY original 6 team that will play us at home is Chicago!? AND we don't play the Rangers, Devils, and Crosby (Penguins)???

Ugh.

The only way the scheduling would make sense is if they went back to some sort of divisional playoff series for the first couple rounds.

The only divisional teams to face each other in the playoffs this year was Buffalo and Ottawa.

If you're going to shove "divisional rivalries" down our throats, at least guarantee that there's going to be playoff series' with those teams in the spring. That's the only way it's going to work.

Okay, that schedule BLOWS, why do we have to play the $%^&*()$#@ SOUTHEAST division again, can any one remember the last time we played Montreal (non-preseason?) Garbage, absolute garbage......

:nonono:

The Red Wings played Montreal last January at JLA and won 2-0. It was a Monday night game on Versus.

Anyways, I couldn't think of a better way to open the season. Schneider and Bertuzzi coming back with the team that ended the Wings playoff run. October 3rd cannot get here fast enough...

The only way the scheduling would make sense is if they went back to some sort of divisional playoff series for the first couple rounds.

The only divisional teams to face each other in the playoffs this year was Buffalo and Ottawa.

If you're going to shove "divisional rivalries" down our throats, at least guarantee that there's going to be playoff series' with those teams in the spring. That's the only way it's going to work.

Good idea.

Sigh... that's only wishful thinking though. Not to turn this into a "Bettman sucks" topic, but seeing as though he's the one who initially changed the format to begin with, it's pretty strange to think he would be the one to change it back.

These divisional matchups will be as boring as they are every year. I almost shudder to think how dead the Joe will be in March, with these Tuesday night matchups against Columbus and Nashville. Ugh.

November could look like to be boring month for Hockey. The Flames are the only team that can guarantee to play good.

Edit~March also.

Edited by Jwo

lol I graduated from HS in '86 so I think I have a right to compare schedules over the years. Most fans think the NHL "rule" that weights divisional play sucks - and that's their right. My comment isn't a slam on younger wings fans, it's just simply that they have to live with this ridiculous schedule and maybe didn't get to experience the older rivalries and scheduling. Hell, even the pre-lockout schedule was better - alot more inter-conference play. I stand by my assertion that in the long run, the current way isn't good for the Wings. I'd like to see the travel budget for the Wings vs. some low market eastern team that hardly leaves their state.....doesn't seem fair to me.

The NHL Scheduling pukes are lazy and the suck.

With that out of the way...

Wed Oct 3, 2007 Ducks Red Wings 0 - 0 7:00 PM ET

Mr. Drake? Yeah, whatever you've got in the tanks, please deposit it into Pronger's grill at your earliest convenience. Start the season off with a bang, I say.

Wings go 16-0 to close out the season...
:thumbup:

edited 'cause I was drinkin' and named the wrong player...dang

Edited by NKYWingsFan

Which means that we won't get killed by travel going into the playoffs and will either a) be able to rest key players due to position or b) the games will still mean something, so there will be the playoff feel to the games without the travel grind.