• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Reggie Dunlop

Eklund at it again. Forsberg to Detroit?

Rate this topic

Kronwall is MUCH more reliable at the point. He can actually keep the puck in, and is an excellent passer. He's got good vision out there. But hey..if you want the puck given up every 5 seconds..then Sammy is your guy!

As for Lilja? I like him too, but I much prefer Kronner.

Reliable, Yes Kronwall is. Excellent Passer , hes an ok passer in my books. Sammys shot is much better when its actually aimed at the goalie (Which isnt a whole lot :P)

I just want to see Kronwall do something next season , hes been a flash in the pan so far in his career, a couple of huge hits , and a couple of nice plays.

But other games (notably Philly last season) giveaways at horrible times, and stupid decisions.

I hope he'll be good next season.

As for Forsberg , the signing would probably come in November/December and I couldnt be more for it. Hate him as I may , He'd be an excellent addition.

Guest DetroitIan

It's like that old Seinfeld stand up bit: "We don't root for the players any more, we root for the jerseys."

Perfect example: a guy named Sergei who used to wear 91 for the Wings back in the day, oh how quickly fans turned on him when he decided to bolt for the California sun.

I personally have no problem if Forsberg can come here and contribute, but it's a moot point. Just AIN'T gonna happen.

Completely agreed. And yeah I have a feeling there is no chance we will actually get him. But if we did. Wow, he would definitely help our squad significantly. :thumbup:

i hope this happens so bad. just for the reactions here, it would be the biggest 180 a fanbase has ever done on a player. Forsberg would go from being a diving-crying-pansy to one of the greatest players ever to take the ice.

and why do you say that? i don't see that really. im sure some but most of us here on this site know floppa and wont ever forget him.

When he left the Avs , he said he'd never play for the Canucks. He'd come here because 2 of his best friends play here in Lidstrom and Holmstrom.

I'm not referring to when he left the Avs. I believe he was quoted as saying it before the trade deadline last season. I don't have confirmation, I just remember hearing that..........or so I think.

Reliable, Yes Kronwall is. Excellent Passer , hes an ok passer in my books. Sammys shot is much better when its actually aimed at the goalie (Which isnt a whole lot :P)

What are you talking about? All of his shots are aimed at the goalie, directly at his chest. If he ever went top shelf or 5 hole I'd be shocked.

I'm not referring to when he left the Avs. I believe he was quoted as saying it before the trade deadline last season. I don't have confirmation, I just remember hearing that..........or so I think.

Oh , I thought you meant just a Forsberg quote. He said he'd never play for the Canucks. I havent read/heard if he said he wouldnt play for the Wings. If he did say that , he needs to grow up, His friends are here , and he has his best chance at a cup here.

Guest Agalloch

I've said that I wanted Forsberg all along this offseason. He was number one on my list. Not because I like him, either. I hate him. But I've always wanted to see Forsberg and Zetterberg play on the same line in the NHL. It'd be amazing.

Um. Did Forsberg ever do anything to the Wings to spark this hatred you have for him? Besides of course being on the Avs.

I disliked Bertuzzi because of the incident. One I'd rather not talk about anymore because it's been long over with.

HC, I have to relcutantly say: ask Steve Moore if it's over for him. Better yet, ask his legal team.

Actually, Bert was one of THOSE players-- you know, the ones you loathe until suddenly, they wear the Winged Wheel. I had a long convo with my conscience about hypocrisy re Bert-- but y'know, there but for the grace of God goeth [insert hardcore player with a temper here], and I liked his attitude, BUT choosing the Ducks-- of ALL teams to go to, when one is looking to redeem himself. as a serious hockey player...fuggedabowdit, he's dead to me.

(yeah yeah, I know-- Bert's got ginormoid legal bills, and was given an offer he couldn't refuse that DRW couldn't match-- wouldn't match. No matter. He betrayed the Organization, he must pay-- in blood. in sweat. in missed goals. :hehe:

Re Forsberg: He and Sakic were nearly the only players that I didn't knee-jerk loathe back in the 90s-- hell, even our Wings like McCarty praised them for being good guys. Something happened to PF, maybe it was his first injury, dunno-- but he turned into an injury-plagued guy who blamed everyone but himself for problems.

(it may be a Euro thing: sometimes seems to me that players from there don't seem as imbued with team goodwill and spirit and togetherness and media correctness and all that)

Edited by RedRockit

Foppa would be ok. Hopefully he gets himself healthy.

Forsberg - Zetterberg - Samuelsson

Cleary - Datsyuk - Holmström

Franzen - Filppula - Hudler/Kopecky/Grigorenko

Drake - Draper - Maltby

Anyone who wouldn't be interested in a healthy Forsberg is obviously delusional. Therein lies the problem... if he is healthy and wants to play for Detroit, you have to do it.

Probably because he was in a avs jersey. :rolleyes: Lets face it. No matter what hatred we all had for this guy. He is an AMAZING player when he's healthy. And everyone here who hated him as an av. Would seriously bow to him if he were to don the winged wheel. Some people need to take the blinders off.

I'd enjoy it just because it would REAAAAAAALLY piss off the Avs fans.

I'd be in favor of it because he could help us. But part of me would just feel dirty every time I saw him in a Red Wings jersey. And I'll never stop calling him Floppa.

If that's the plan, then I can see leaving the cap space. Otherwise, it makes no sense not to go after Yashin....especially if what Eklund says is true--that $2 million could possibly land him.

-Tim

(it may be a Euro thing: sometimes seems to me that players from there don't seem as imbued with team goodwill and spirit and togetherness and media correctness and all that)

Yeah exactly. Generalizations for the win. :ph34r:

Eklund had Bill Guerin signed, sealed, and delivered to Detroit at the trade deadline last season. I wouldn't put too much into this right now.

He bases these rumors off of nothing, and half of the time, it's just him pulling stuff out of the far corners of either his own ass or his dogs ass. None of it has any actual truth behind it.

Kronwall is MUCH more reliable at the point. He can actually keep the puck in, and is an excellent passer. He's got good vision out there. But hey..if you want the puck given up every 5 seconds..then Sammy is your guy!

Heh, he's gotta actually be on the ice to be reliable.

Shoulda traded him for Jack Johnson when we had the chance......

-Tim

someone asked for this on the first page. I did a quick and dirty. Believe it or not, this was an actual photograph, by the time I got done with it, it ended up looking more like an NHL 07 screen shot or something. Anyway, enjoy...

IPB Image

someone asked for this on the first page. I did a quick and dirty. Believe it or not, this was an actual photograph, by the time I got done with it, it ended up looking more like an NHL 07 screen shot or something. Anyway, enjoy...

IPB Image

:siren: That's a winner!! *joking*

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF Forsberg gets healthy enough to be ready for at least 1/2 the regular season and the playoff grind I'd say two things.

1. I don't know Colorado's cap space, but I think he'd go there if it was financially possible.

2. He won't come to the Wings. Just don't see it happening.

And I'm curious about the level of hatred felt toward him. I can understand hating to play against him because he is so talented and can play a physical game but I've never seen him as a cheapshot artist or an excessive whiner (I use this term loosely since so many players are always yapping at the refs on the ice).

I will always hate Claude, Roy, Foote and a handfull of others but Forsberg I have always respected. That said I don't see the Wings risking a high dollar salary on an injury risk player and I don't see Forsberg interested in coming to Detroit.

It would be very very interesting if it some how happened though.

Anyone who wouldn't be interested in a healthy Forsberg is obviously delusional. Therein lies the problem... if he is healthy and wants to play for Detroit, you have to do it.

health is absolutely the key. of course you can't deny his talent if/when he's healthy. his health has been in question for years. do we have some red pill he can swallow to make it all go away, or what aren't you telling me?

his injuries will follow him wherever he goes, and that's likely to retirement.

ive always liked Forsberg... if he comes to the Wings, great!!

i've been a Wings fan pretty much since birth... i was raised a Wings fan... hence my Datsyuk and Federov jerseys in my closet...

oh yea... id welcome back Fedorov as well if the price was right... :D

but ive always liked Forsberg and i have a Avs Forsberg jersey in my closet as well...

and an old school Ducks jersey from the Kariya times... he is one of my favs as well...

and a Devils jersey cuz Brodeur is one of my favs also...

Edited by PolskAltima

I hate to say it but some of you need to get over the whole rivalary thing, its over and done with. I hate to say it but when the deadline came I really wanted Forsberg, if he can get his s*** straight and I mean with his foot, comes back 100% healthy, you have to sign him. He is exactly what we need, he can score, hes big and has some GRIT to him. I for one would love the top two lines. A Forsberg- Datsyuk- Holmstrom line or a Zetterberg Forsberg Holmstrom many possibilities. Bring on the flopper, and he would come cheaper than your boy Yashin. But again only if he's healthy.