• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
theman19

New preds Jersey

Rate this topic

Who else is putting the number on the front? The only jersey I've seen with that is Buffalo, and who knows, they could take it off when they switch to the Reeboks.

The NY Islanders are also putting theres on the front. Note that it's not been officially released, but from the picture shown, they do have it on the front.

I just hate the idea. I know now that since stupid Buffalo did it, more teams will want to for some strange reason. And to think those idiotic Buffalo jerseys, slug logo and all, actually sold more than Crosby jerseys. Unbelieveable.

Edit: The Dallas Stars are also putting the numbers on the front of their jersey as well.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Look ok to me. Nothing fantastic, but not terrible in my opinion.

I do think the skull on the arm is cool, but a little too similar to the front design. It's better to have a symetrical logo on the shoulder that's markedly different from the main logo on the front.

The NY Islanders are also putting theres on the front. Note that it's not been officially released, but from the picture shown, they do have it on the front.

I just hate the idea. I know now that since stupid Buffalo did it, more teams will want to for some strange reason. And to think those idiotic Buffalo jerseys, slug logo and all, actually sold more than Crosby jerseys. Unbelieveable.

Edit: The Dallas Stars are also putting the numbers on the front of their jersey as well.

I haven't seen the Islanders picture, but the Stars one was a mockup and didn't look any more believable than any other mockup that's been floating around.

I personally think numbers on the front is a dumb idea, and I hope it won't turn into a widespread thing. Thankfully the Caps, Jackets, and Preds aren't doing it, so it's definitely not a league design requirement or anything like that.

Those Predators jerseys look for me a little like they've been put together in a hurry. "Take some white fabric for the body as it's required by league rules. Hm, and those silver stuff could be used for the arms. It's important to represent the current color scheme. It will change anyways in a few years time so it doesn't matter what it looks like."

The white, in my eyes, is a disgrace and just plain ugly. Either make it all white or all silver, but do not mix up colors. The dark blue one is more suitable, even with the yellow piping, but still looks like patchwork..

The more of these i see, the more afraid i am that the Wings will put all kinds of silly lines running down there jerseys aswell.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they are nearly identical

They aren't great but they aren't that bad either. They are far and away better than the old 3rd sweater or anything that the Thrashers have.

The Thrashers baby blue jerseys are questionable at best.

My friend Shrek wearing the mustard when we did the home and home last season. He bought this the night before in Nashville just to wear it at the Joe. Fortunately for him, he's big enough not to get messed with.

IPB Image

I liked the mustard jerseys. If I were a Pred fan, that is definately the one I would have bought. When I use the Preds on 2K7, I always put the mustards on. The new one are nice, I like them both. These new Reebok Jerseys are alot nicer for the fans, imo. I love my Lidstrom All-Star Jersey. It looks and feels so much better than my old jerseys.

Edited by FireCaptain

IMO the mustards look way better in person. In pictures and on TV you can't see the double layer of it.

the reason it looks like that peculiar color is that it's a gold mesh layer over top of a solid navy layer. They're some really heavy sweaters.

My friend Shrek wearing the mustard when we did the home and home last season. He bought this the night before in Nashville just to wear it at the Joe. Fortunately for him, he's big enough not to get messed with.

If he's caught staring into the Detroit river, he can definitely be tipped over the railing ;)

--

"Back in October they were a little tight, but I’m sure by now they have modified them to be a little bit more comfortable," Fiddler said. "I approach the change with the thought that any time you can try to protect the players and make us safer it is just going to make for longer careers. If the league can keep us healthier and keep us in the game, it is nothing but a good thing.â€Â

COME ON VERN WHERE IS THE HAND UP YOUR ASS

(that's an exaggeration, but talk about being fed lines)

Is there suppose to be?? I havent heard anything about us revamping our jerseys. Or are you just speaking hypothetically?

All teams have to switch over to the new style jerseys... nobody knows how it's going to change the Wings jersey yet. Thanks to seeing Boston's new one (particularly the sleeves) it may not change much if at all.

Something scary though is that teams are going to have alt. jerseys again for the 08-09 season and it appears that that may include Detroit. Hopefully they just go with the vintage style like they did in '92 if they have to do it.

Edited by vangvace

Something scary though is that teams are going to have alt. jerseys again for the 08-09 season and it appears that that may include Detroit. Hopefully they just go with the vintage style like they did in '92 if they have to do it.

I thought 3rd jerseys were being eliminated starting with this season. Their going to brought back again?

Eh, no big deal. I don't forsee the Wings making a drastic change for the 3rd jersey if they have to do it. If it is anything, it might just be like you said, being the style they used in '92.

Edited by Kp-Wings

I actually don't mind them too much to tell you the truth.

I was worried the away jersey's would be the mustard colored ones.

That color was mustard? I always just called it puke-green.

I thought 3rd jerseys were being eliminated starting with this season. Their going to brought back again?

Eh, no big deal. I don't forsee the Wings making a drastic change for the 3rd jersey if they have to do it. If it is anything, it might just be like you said, being the style they used in '92.

Yup only a one season hiatus for 3rd jerseys. I'm guessing it's only to give RBK a chance to stock up a bit on the main jerseys before adding the third.

IMO the mustards look way better in person. In pictures and on TV you can't see the double layer of it.

the reason it looks like that peculiar color is that it's a gold mesh layer over top of a solid navy layer. They're some really heavy sweaters.

Cale Hulse hated those mustard jerseys when he was a Predator, he said they were twice as heavy as anything else he had ever worn in his career, and it was worse once they started absorbing all the sweat during the game.

now IF he had a Blackhawk or Leafs jersey going, that statement may be different. The hatred the Predators fans show towards the Wings is much more intense than what the Wings fans show towards the Predators people. I think the Wings view Nashville as a divisional opponent, where the Preds people think its a blood thirsty feud. I've pissed some people off in Nashville by saying that. I will probably stir up a debate on that, but oh well. Did you happen to go to some of the pubs close to the Joe ? Shrek may have gotten a few remarks if he ventured out in some of the watering holes in the downtown area.

Cale Hulse hated those mustard jerseys when he was a Predator, he said they were twice as heavy as anything else he had ever worn in his career, and it was worse once they started absorbing all the sweat during the game.

now IF he had a Blackhawk or Leafs jersey going, that statement may be different. The hatred the Predators fans show towards the Wings is much more intense than what the Wings fans show towards the Predators people. I think the Wings view Nashville as a divisional opponent, where the Preds people think its a blood thirsty feud. I've pissed some people off in Nashville by saying that. I will probably stir up a debate on that, but oh well. Did you happen to go to some of the pubs close to the Joe ? Shrek may have gotten a few remarks if he ventured out in some of the watering holes in the downtown area.

What Predator fans? I thought that their existance was just a myth. But lets suppose that these fans do exist, then they should hate us more than we hate them considering that we win the division every year.

We wandered over to Greektown and ate a late dinner and drank some beers. He got some ribbing since the Preds got beat that night but not really any abuse.

Did you happen to go to some of the pubs close to the Joe ? Shrek may have gotten a few remarks if he ventured out in some of the watering holes in the downtown area.

Edited by FireCaptain