• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JayUp88

Season Tickets

Rate this topic

I got the same e-mail as everyone else, but my dad and I decided it would be best if we waited one more year when they have a chance to change the schedule and take away some of the Columbus/Chicago/St. Louis games...

With so many of you receiving notifications for season tickets after waiting only 1 or 2 years (I waited 7 years) I have no doubt that there will be plenty of good seats available for most single games.

No kidding, I waited 10 years to get mine... Looks like I will still be able to get tickets to the games now, just not having to dish out that much mulah up front. I am going to try that discount ticket site that was published during the playoffs.

I just got the same email. skjds

I signed up like 2 years ago thinking the waiting list was about 10 years long! Which a lot of people told me it would be. I can't afford tickets now!

A lot of people thought they knew what thery were talking about saying there was a 10 year wait list but clearly they did not...a few specific ones stick out...but since at least one is a mod I better not name names.

brutus

Just got my notice. Unfortunately I didn't expect to get it so soon, and I don't have the money. I'm currently looking for people to split the cost, but I've never done it before and I'm not really sure how to go about doing this in a way that I cover all the bases and won't get screwed (or get accused of screwing anyone else over).

Are the only costs the money for the seats themselves and the 500 deposit? Or are there any other hidden costs?

Actually, it soudns like the smarter plan would be to buy the games individually. Are there any benefits to having season tickets other than just having guaranteed seats?

Edited by VM1138

Just got my notice. Unfortunately I didn't expect to get it so soon, and I don't have the money. I'm currently looking for people to split the cost, but I've never done it before and I'm not really sure how to go about doing this in a way that I cover all the bases and won't get screwed (or get accused of screwing anyone else over).

Are the only costs the money for the seats themselves and the 500 deposit? Or are there any other hidden costs?

Actually, it soudns like the smarter plan would be to buy the games individually. Are there any benefits to having season tickets other than just having guaranteed seats?

Talk to OsGod around here (if he hasn't PMed you already), he's done it before and--iirc--had his bases covered on the agreement.

He should definitely be able to help you out.

Benefits for season ticket holders... Um this year they give you 15% off the already MARKED UP 30% prices at the Joe Louis Arena proshops.... You also save the Ticketbastard charges per tickets... but other than that you are Paying exactly for 46 games (all preseason and 41 regular season games) and if you want you can a parking pass at an Outrageous $15/game price YIKES .... RIP OFF!

The $500 deposit should be applied to your OVERALL cost of the tickets... so if you bought two $54 seats your balance remaining would be around $4798 - $500 deposit = $4298. The deposit is not OR SHOULD NOT be an additional price you pay.

I sold 36 games to a member on here last season without a problem. Both parties were happy. I basically took the over all price of the tickets (plus the $10 per order fee the season ticket office charges you) and divided it by the number of games they were taking. They sent me a Certified Check, I cashed it, bought the tickets and when they arrived I sent them with signature confirmation to them. It worked out nicely actually. I made a sorta make shift aggreement in excel that I sent via E-mail to the other party. they printed it, signed it and mailed it back to me with their certified check. I in return signed it, made a copy and sent the copy to them in the mail with the tickets.

Edited by OsGOD

I just got the same email as well. Obviously, I have no use for the tickets living in Texas.

Anyone want 'em?

For all you people who complain you can't go to a game because the suits buy all the tickets, here's your chance to put up or shut up ;)

there is no possible way that i could afford the whole season ticket package, but i would definitely be interested in working something out in buying a few games. (probably like, max 5 games)

so if you, or anyone else is interested in selling off a few,

lets get in touch.

there is no possible way that i could afford the whole season ticket package, but i would definitely be interested in working something out in buying a few games. (probably like, max 5 games)

so if you, or anyone else is interested in selling off a few,

lets get in touch.

Sorry. It's either all or nothing. I'm not about to buy season tickets, sell you 5 games, then figure out what to do with the other 41 games. Especially since I wouldn't be going to any of them.

I got the same e-mail. I already turned it down in 2005, due to the sport just coming off a lockout, and general expenses. I plan on turning it down again, because I see no reason to spend that kind of money at this point in time.

Illitch is such a dick. I hate what he's doing to the fans by charging so much money to go see. I guess this is the price we pay for having the Wings be a successful team, because God forbid an owner actually has a team successful and fan friendly at the same time.

Sigh... things probably won't be changing anytime in the near future either.

Edited by Kp-Wings

To be honest the prices are average (basing it off of games I've attended in Chicago, St.Louis, Phoenix, & Toronto) for reg season games, but what Ilitch did these past playoffs was a joke!

...and that's the problem.

You know, as a businessman, Illitch should be aware of the fact that the Wings, up until this year, have been major underachievers or "flops" in the playoffs the past few years. The smart, ethical, business friendly solution would be to lower the ticket prices becuase the fans will not want to come because they are afraid of more shellshockers, like 2006 against Edmonton, or 2003 against Anaheim.

The other big thing he did to piss all over the fans these playoffs was the giant markups he did every round. You know, how the hell are you going to get people to go watch a game when you have to spend over $500 just to go for one night? That's ridiculous.

And then, just when I thought he couldn't be anymore of a cheap ass old bag, he keeps the prices the same this year, after it was said millions of times in the media that the reason the fans weren't going is because the tickets cost too much money. Ugh.

I have no hope he will ever change things. He's a cheapskate. The only reason he isn't comparable on the same level as some other owners in the league is the Wings recent success.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Maybe he's trying to get extra $$$ outta the fans to build that new arena :unsure:

He's not broke. He doesn't need to charge $200 for 1 playoff ticket.

Besides, he'd actually get more money if he made the tickets affordable, and had more sellouts, rather then charge ridiculous amounts for only a half-full arena. For some reason, he's just's being a stubborn idiot and staying set in his ways of highway robbery.

I could understand if this was the years of pre-lockout NHL and Detroit Red Wings hockey, where Holland and Illitch would pay a banks worth of money to build a team. Then, Illitch could get away with charging those prices, so he get's the money back that he's losing in high players salaries.

But it's not that way anymore. The Wings payroll is no higher then teams that are just as successful, yet do actually charge reasonable prices for tickets.

Edited by Kp-Wings

I got the same e-mail. I already turned it down in 2005, due to the sport just coming off a lockout , and general expenses. I plan on turning it down again, because I see no reason to spend that kind of money at this point in time.

Illitch is such a dick. I hate what he's doing to the fans by charging so much money to go see. I guess this is the price we pay for having the Wings be a successful team, because God forbid an owner actually has a team successful and fan friendly at the same time.

Sigh... things probably won't be changing anytime in the near future either.

Oh man that sucks because that is when Mr. I gave his biggest discount... 5% back in Joe Bucks to use at the joe!!!!!! You missed out on the BEST offer... :lol: sad isn't it?

He's not broke. He doesn't need to charge $200 for 1 playoff ticket.

Besides, he'd actually get more money if he made the tickets affordable, and had more sellouts, rather then charge ridiculous amounts for only a half-full arena. For some reason, he's just's being a stubborn idiot and staying set in his ways of highway robbery.

I could understand if this was the years of pre-lockout NHL and Detroit Red Wings hockey, where Holland and Illitch would pay a banks worth of money to build a team. Then, Illitch could get away with charging those prices, so he get's the money back that he's losing in high players salaries.

But it's not that way anymore. The Wings payroll is no higher then teams that are just as successful, yet do actually charge reasonable prices for tickets.

Considering that Ilitch was #242 on the Forbes 400 Richest Americans list last year, and worth 1.5 billion dollars, I don't think he needs to take business advice from a message board ;)

Oh man that sucks because that is when Mr. I gave his biggest discount... 5% back in Joe Bucks to use at the joe!!!!!! You missed out on the BEST offer... :lol: sad isn't it?

5% back would probably buy me half a watered down beer, or a small bag of chips. :P

Sad it is indeed. Things won't be changing anytime soon though, so we might as well get used to it.

Considering that Ilitch was #242 on the Forbes 400 Richest Americans list last year, and worth 1.5 billion dollars, I don't think he needs to take business advice from a message board ;)

Oh, great.

I don't see why he can't actually charge reasonable prices to go. If you still lived in Michigan, would you pay $200 for a single playoff ticket?

There is a link between our complaints about his prices and his being #242 on the list.... Stinginess and over charging for goods and services goes hand in hand with sucess. I.e. see Oil companies.

Edited by OsGOD

Sorry. It's either all or nothing. I'm not about to buy season tickets, sell you 5 games, then figure out what to do with the other 41 games. Especially since I wouldn't be going to any of them.

ah yeah, i understand.

best of luck selling the tickets :thumbup:

Well I just got an E-mail from Mr. Holland telling me it's my turn to step up and sign my paycheck over to him. So of course I gladly will. I'm going with two uppers, somewhere from rows 2-12. I do have question though. Can I find out where my exact seats are before I order them or is it random.

Haha I just got the same email. I can afford the tickets, but what the hell is up with the availability?? In the email it says that the two most expensive groupings (ie, better seats) are unavailable. My brother-in-law and I were gonna go in together for lower bowl seats and of course, there arent any available.

Any ideas?

Haha I just got the same email. I can afford the tickets, but what the hell is up with the availability?? In the email it says that the two most expensive groupings (ie, better seats) are unavailable. My brother-in-law and I were gonna go in together for lower bowl seats and of course, there arent any available.

Any ideas?

Dude, It's a hockey arena. As long as your not on the roof there aren't too many bad seats.

Any ideas?

most of those are owned by companies and corporations so the turnover for those seats is minimal.

Any ideas?

I am pretty sure it takes some time to get those tickets. you'll have to work your way down the Joe before you get that close. the only times i have ever sat infront of the glass at the joe have been when i got tickets from a company

Well I just got an E-mail from Mr. Holland telling me it's my turn to step up and sign my paycheck over to him. So of course I gladly will. I'm going with two uppers, somewhere from rows 2-12. I do have question though. Can I find out where my exact seats are before I order them or is it random.

They told me exact seats when I got them 2 years ago... They should be able to give you exact locations to choose from.

Congrats! Sec 214 Row 11 Seats 7&8 were awesome seats! Unless someone grabed them up they are available... Stevie Y keeps leaving me recored Voicemails at work... I already responded via e-mail to them telling them to take their prices and shove it up their $%@!

Edited by OsGOD

I still don't think new ticket holders will be able to pick tickets until AFTER the 24th of August. Current season ticket holders are invited to a ticket exchange next week. I'm not going to type the letter, however it basically states current ticket holders will be able to walk around the Joe and seats with a red tag are available. If it's an up grade or you want to switch to the other side of the rink, you'll be able to. And IF IF there's lower bowl seats available you can move there too. Once you've made the swap your old tickets are on the market for other ticket holders. The longer you've had them the earlier in the week you can choose. I don't know if you can get more tickets. I think it's a one for one deal.

I still don't think new ticket holders will be able to pick tickets until AFTER the 24th of August. Current season ticket holders are invited to a ticket exchange next week. I'm not going to type the letter, however it basically states current ticket holders will be able to walk around the Joe and seats with a red tag are available. If it's an up grade or you want to switch to the other side of the rink, you'll be able to. And IF IF there's lower bowl seats available you can move there too. Once you've made the swap your old tickets are on the market for other ticket holders. The longer you've had them the earlier in the week you can choose. I don't know if you can get more tickets. I think it's a one for one deal.

So i will have to wait until after that to pick out my tickets. I put down a deposit and now i'm just waiting. I hope they let me "pick" out my seats and don't just say here are your seats give us money.