• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

'C' & 'A' to move to right side of Wings sweater

Rate this topic

Lets go out of the box on this one and think maybe we can all say its a good thing because the C on theleft side went up to the banners last January and this way its like Steve had something else retired with him.

Edited by JayUp88

It's not a photoshop - read this from the Freep article that the pictures came from...

I thought I'd seen the letters on the right side before, I just couldn't remember what era that was in. :)

Um, actually, I'm pretty sure Heaton was just kidding... Unless... NorrisNick, have you been into the sauce again?

The good news is that the the designs could have been a heck of a lot worse... There's no piping on the sleeves!!!

That said, I do think that the changes are aesthetically a small step backwards. The new "shirt tail" being the worst of the changes.

Nevermind the letters changing sides.... Do you notice the tapering of the bottom white stripe.... Simply Sexy!!!!

NOT!

Edited by OsGOD

Guest snowman89

Lets go out of the box on this one and think maybe we can all say its a good thing because the C on theleft side went up to the banners last January and this way its like Steve had something else retired with him.

:clap::siren::thumbup: That is a superb way of thinking! I love that! What about sid ables jersey in the rafter what does he have a C? If so what side is it on?

When a guy wears ANY ring in his ear, he is ***.

LOL, but not necessarily...I've known a few men over the years who have had earrings (one of them had them in BOTH ears) and they are through-and-through heteros. Look at all the basketball and football players with those huge diamond earrings they wear - I dare ya to go up to one of them and tell them they're ***. :P

And back on topic - I like what JayUp88 said!!! That is brilliant!! :clap::D :!:

Nevermind the letters changing sides.... Do you notice the tapering of the bottom white stripe.... Simply Sexy!!!!

NOT!

Notice the thread's subtitle.

Do you have to whine about every minor change like it's the end of the world?

I don't watch the game for the sexiness of the jerseys' tapering. Do you?

Edited by ARice89

Notice the thread's subtitle.

Do you have to whine about every minor change like it's the end of the world?

I don't watch the game for the sexiness of the jerseys' tapering. Do you?

Queue up the :P

Not about everything... but the subtle changes they have made with the jersey.... makes them look silly... But yes, to the casual fan.. the logo on the front is all the same, so they can rest easy... To a jersey collector, those changes that the "causal" fan doesn't think twice about... actually does mean something... just and FYI ;)

I am not buying them... I don't give a s*** really... *** tag or not.. I am very happy with the ones I have.

Edited by OsGOD

The '55 Wings did win a Cup wearing the C & A's on the right. But it does look wrong. And I hate the fact that it was done simpley because bettman is a pompous ass. And I don't know how I feel about being the only team in the league wearing letters on the right. But over all the new jerseys are ugly. Especially with that tapering at the bottom. And I will never buy one. I got the # for the league office in NY out of my NHL Official Guide & Record book and left a voice mail stating my displeasure for gary. Won't change anything. But I felt a little better. Seeing as my longdistance package let's me call all I want for the same price I think I might make it a habit.

Rumor has it that due to Gary Bettman's extreme anti-Canada bias that the letters C and A will be replaced with U and S at the start of the 2008-2009 season. To quote Bettman's rather effeminate assistant:

We would have instituted the change with this year's new sexy sweaters, but we are having trouble figuring out what the U and S will stand for.

Guest nutz2u

Man you know it's gotta be a slow day in hockeytown when a silly thread like this generates 66 posts. :rotflmao:

i actually found a picture of the Wings new jerseys...

IPB Image

:ph34r::ph34r:

you know it's just a joke

:wub::wub::wub:

Hey what's the point of the jacked-up shirt tail? I mean what was the thinking that this design is better than the old shirt tail?

I was wondering the same thing, but I was told that was whining about inconsequental things... so quite your bitching :lol:

It make the jersey look like those two colored shirts you wear under a baseball jersey... Dammit, I can not think of the name of them (its on the tip of my tongue) but anyways you know the ones they are like 3/4 length for the sleeves and the sleevers are one color while the main part is white (hell, kinda like the Islanders Away jersey LoL)

Guest DetroitIan

I know it shouldnt be a big deal. But to me, it is. So every time I wear my Zetterberg jersey, Im gonna be pissed that his jersey looks different than mine. I know it's just a letter. But it just doesnt look right unless the letter is above the tip of the wing. This is retarded. Im not happy.

You know, this could work for us. Picture the scene:

"OK, son, Zetterberg is a big scorer. Don't let him by you."

"Which one is he?"

"The one with the A on his sweater."

"Got it coach....Not him, not him, not him...."

"ZETTERBERG SCORES!"

"Why'd you let him by?"

"I didn't see the A."

"It's on the other side, you twit."

"Oh, sorrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy."

Seriously, not the end of the world.

Bettman is a buffoon.

We love Vladdie.

Stevie is and always will be The Captain.

We bleed Red.

As long as these truths remain, little else matters.

:clap::siren::thumbup: That is a superb way of thinking! I love that! What about sid ables jersey in the rafter what does he have a C? If so what side is it on?

I believe Yzerman was the only redwing to be retired with a "C" on his jersey. He is "The Captain" after all... ;)

I think it's kind of dumb because now my Zetterberg jersey is outdated.

Actually it was "outdated" before the A swtiched sides... this was just further tweaking the outdatedness :lol: