• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JayUp88

What jersey are you getting

Rate this topic

Where does the Pasha nick name come from?

from russian culture ;)

Sorta like Danny is short for Daniel or Ted is short for Teddy is short for Theodore.... its all in the culture.

Edited by OsGOD

I'm really torn. I have a CHelios Home (Red) one, and I'm looking to get a white away one, CCM, not RBK.

I'm either leaning towards Zetterberg or Cleary, but I'd like to get a Rafalski or Drake one (but after the Bertuzzi/Calder fiasco I want to see if they actually perform as good as they are expected to.)

I'm really torn. I have a CHelios Home (Red) one, and I'm looking to get a white away one, CCM, not RBK.

I'm either leaning towards Zetterberg or Cleary, but I'd like to get a Rafalski or Drake one (but after the Bertuzzi/Calder fiasco I want to see if they actually perform as good as they are expected to.)

IMO, Rafalski is a safe bet. That is like saying I am thinking about buying aZetterberg Jersey but not sure he will be with the wings when his contract is up.

Rafalski is the real deal, there is no wish or hope with him, no injury to overcome, no glaring weakness in his game to worry about. He is as steady a player as Lids, not as good but as consistent and responsible.

Drake and Cleary you may want to be skeptical of, don't take that as I think Cleary sucks, but he has to prove to me that he can repeat last years performance before I am sold on him.

But back to my point, I think you are safe with Big Ralf!!

Guest Yzer19

Opie, Hatcher was suppose to be a safe bet too. Rafalski might be a safe bet, but I'd wait and see how he does this season before I'd buy a jersey. You just never know.

Opie, Hatcher was suppose to be a safe bet too. Rafalski might be a safe bet, but I'd wait and see how he does this season before I'd buy a jersey. You just never know.

True but the biggest difference being that Hatcher got screwed over by the "new" NHL, after the lock out he was slow and almost useless. Rafalski has played in this NHL and has been great in it.

I don't like getting current player's jerseys. I only buy blanks or retired jerseys for any sport (Howe, Yzerman, Probert, Kocur, Cobb, Sanders) or I get my name and number (84) on them. I always feel like a jackass when I spend $150 on something and a player leaves and it becomes useless.

I am with you! I felt like a complete jack ass with my Broke Back Bert jersey. I thought I would be original but unfortunatly I was not and he did not stay like he said. He is a giant turd. My next jersey I think is going to be vintage and I am going with Probby

Why Mark Streit is he from around here? Heard of him but nothing specific.

Are people fans of Drake? I have never liked him, he has always been dirty. He is the one that nearly killed lebda last year, I am pretty sure.

Streit is swiss, like me :)

Dallas Drake is a cool name, kinda like a character from Mad Max

hopefully grigorenko will be a name worth getting by the middle or end of the season..

Do we know yet what number he'll be wearing? I don't know what number he wore in Russia, but it would be sweet if he was #8 like the other Igor.

Are people fans of Drake? I have never liked him, he has always been dirty. He is the one that nearly killed lebda last year, I am pretty sure.

I am a huge fan of Dallas Drake... He signed my original #28 jersey for me way back in the day when he first played for us. I have followed him around the NHL albeit I never did get a Jets/Coyotes Jersey of his... but I do have a Blues #10 with his name on it.

Guest jaytan

There's nobody on the team I'd really shell out the cost of customization for right now. Good thing I didn't buy a Big Bert jersey last season. I'd have felt pretty stupid right now. Maybe Rafalski if he turns out working well.

Edited by jaytan

Why Mark Streit is he from around here? Heard of him but nothing specific.

i think pasha is how you say pavel in Russian, or a short nickname for pavel. or at least that what i'v heard

i think pasha is how you say pavel in Russian, or a short nickname for pavel. or at least that what i'v heard

I looked this up on wikipedia once. I think Pasha is a title of some kind of russian authority figure. I don't think it's short for Pavel, because they used to also call Kovalev that.

Edited by grsbmd

Pasha as a Russian language diminutive form of the given name Pavel, equivalent to the English Paul.

For the record I have never heard Alexei Kovalev called Pasha. I have heard of Pasha Kovalev who was on so you think you can dance which was his actual first name unless I am mistaken and his name was Pavel Kovalev.

here is a link to help better understand nicknames in the russian culture:

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Track/7635/names.html

Notice Vyacheslav (kozlov) shorty is Slava

Sasha is short for Aleksandr so it could of been Sasha Mogilny.

Pasha as an autority figure:

The Ottoman sultan of Turkey and (by delegation) the viceroyal khedive of Egypt had the right to bestow the title of Pasha. The title appears, originally, to have applied exclusively to military commanders, but subsequently it could distinguish any high official, and also unofficial persons whom the court desired to honour.
Just don't think that has any bearing on the Russian Pasha Dats Edited by OsGOD

Probert, my perfered #24

Kocur

Domi (leafs)

Howe

Bobby Hull

Bourque

Neely

Orr

Stevens

and a few other old fighters...

but I also like to wait until a player is done before getting their jersey.

Edited by vangvace

Guest jaytan

I wouldn't get Probert, Yzerman, Kocur, etc., etc., in the new style because they never wore it.

Guest Yzer19

I wouldn't get Probert, Yzerman, Kocur, etc., etc., in the new style because they never wore it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it. It's better than buying the jersey of a player that won't be around for long.

Guest jaytan

Well, what I'd do is buy one of the old-style jerseys that's on sale and get one of my favorite retired Wings greats on it. I don't really like the new jersey very much, anyway.