• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

The Official: 2007 Detroit Lions Season Thread

Rate this topic

Being a Lions fan is like being in an abusive relationship. No matter how much they beat you and break your heart, the Lions fans always (stupidly) take them back.

I've tried to become a Houston Texans fan, but it just doesn't work.

Oh yeah, I read today that Millen is the 2nd highest paid GM in the game. And up until a couple weeks ago he was the highest. What a joke.

can't do that. if you pick a different team, then one of 2 things can happen. you pick a good team and then you are just jumping on the bandwagon... no loyalty whatsoever, get with the cool people so it makes you look cool. pick a bad team, and then you are in the same situation you are in with the lions.

however, stick with the lions and if and when they do actually get successful, you can say, " I was a lions fan before it was cool"

I don't think being a Lions fan will ever be cool regardless of their record. :P The Packers on the other hand. Sorry, that was just pouring salt on an open wound.

Hopefully this organization can make the strides it needs in the not-so distant future. Honestly, I have nothing against the Lions, which is uber-surprising given that they're in the NFC North, but they don't bother me at all. Now the f*cking Vikings and Bears on the other hand.......don't get me started. :angry:

Being a Lions fan is like being in an abusive relationship. No matter how much they beat you and break your heart, the Lions fans always (stupidly) take them back.

I've tried to become a Houston Texans fan, but it just doesn't work.

Oh yeah, I read today that Millen is the 2nd highest paid GM in the game. And up until a couple weeks ago he was the highest. What a joke.

I could never just jump bandwagons like those KC Royals fans that sell their loyalty on eBay. Cute stunt, but it wouldn't work for me.

However, I did follow the Texans this year, up until Matt Schaub got hurt and Rosenfels took over. If Schaub turns the Texans around and has a nice long run as their QB, and the Lions continue to suck fat monkey balls and continue to hire the king of sucking monkey balls as their pitiful GM......

Well, I don't know if I would switch loyalties, or even if I could. If I did it'd be pretty gradual. If I did, though, that'd be the scenario where it'd most likely happen, and over the course of several years. It's sad though that I've actually found a way how it could happen - in the past it wasn't even conceivable.

Hopefully this organization can make the strides it needs in the not-so distant future. Honestly, I have nothing against the Lions, which is uber-surprising given that they're in the NFC North, but they don't bother me at all.

Nothing surprising about that. The Packers have owned the Lions' faces for almost two decades. It's why I hate the Packers on a level with the Cowboys and Yankees. For me, the North team that I don't mind is the Bears, mainly because they're the one team that doesn't often give the Lions much trouble.

I can't even begin to comprehend why the Lions fired Martz. The reason said is because the Lions never run the ball, but who the hell do they have that can do that? Kevin Jones sucks, and Duckett is never given a chance. I don't know how you can blame Martz for all of that, because he has no resources to work with.

The Lions should fire Marinelli instead. I think he's one of the worst coaches ever. Why? Because he never changes anything up. Even when the Lions are getting blown out of the water, he still puts Kitna, Jones, and every other underachieving loser out onto the field. How come he can't play any of the 2nd string guys? At this point, they can do no worse than what the starters have done for the past few seasons.

Thank god the season is over. Now all we have to look forward to is yet another losing season next year, while starting over completley from scratch. Roy Williams is assured gone, so there goes our best reciever. Calvin Johnson better live up to his potential next season, or do something. It almost makes me cry every time I'm reminded they passed up Adrian Peterson for him.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Thank god the season is over. Now all we have to look forward to is yet another losing season next year, while starting over completley from scratch. Roy Williams is assured gone, so there goes our best reciever. Calvin Johnson better live up to his potential next season, or do something. It almost makes me cry every time I'm reminded they passed up Adrian Peterson for him.

I don't think you will say that when Peterson becomes injury prone. It will happen, and if he was on the Lions it would have already happened because thats how we roll.

I don't think Peterson would have been that great on the Lions. Now Joe Thomas on the other hand, that was a player the Lions could have used.

I agree with that, but as of now I still believe CJ was a good pick even though we have drafted way to many WR's in recent history.

CJ is a special player, the holdout and the early injury really really hurt his development this season, but I think he is going to be a power out there. now all we need is some kind of running game to open up calvin and roy in the secondary. the lions have the POTENTIAL to be an unstoppable force on offense. get some decent linemen and a coach who is committed to running the ball and that will open up an explosive passing system