• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

The Official: 2007 Detroit Lions Season Thread

Rate this topic

Well everyone has there opinion right.. When the Vikings played GB there QB wasn't playing well at all.. Now he's starting to play better, there D is really good. and we all know about there running game with AP and CT.... I guess you forgot that the Vikings beat the Chargers too, and there a pretty good football team.. I would agree that Oakland isn't a very good team. But you have to beat the weak teams as well if your going to get into the playoffs

This isn't the first time that the Lions have made a lousy QB look like a Pro Bowler. I'm actually thrilled the Jackson has improved from "completely brutal" to "just plain sucks". Maybe the Vikings will keep him now. I was pretty heartbroken that Jackson missed both games against the Packers this year.

Same deal with the Bears...I'd love to see Grossman play well enough over these next few games that the Bears have to keep him.

Don't get me wrong, Minnesota's a decent football team. If you can run the ball the way they can and you have a capable defense, you're going to be in contention if your QB simply doesn't screw it up. But they're not "a team to be scared of" as ESPN was trying to make it seem.

That team goes by Peterson. The Packers stuffed him in that game, so it really didn't matter which one of their s***ty QBs was in the lineup. If AD gets rolling, they've got a shot. If you can shut him down, it could get ugly. Pretty clear that all you need to do is force the Vikings QB du jour to beat you.

San Diego is one of about 10 teams in this league that I would classify as "really weird". Sometimes they look like the team that went 14-2 last year and sometimes they look like they wouldn't beat Michigan. I'd also put Minnesota, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, the GIants, Washington, Philly, Detroit, Cleveland, and Tennessee in that category. And I'd consider adding Seattle, KC, Denver, and Arizona....

Basically I think it means that there's about 5 really good teams in the NFL (NE, Indy, Dallas, GB, Jacksonville, and maybe Pittsburgh--I know I included them in both lists) and a bunch of very, very mediocre teams who are capable of winning on any given day, but are also capable of losing to the Jets.

This isn't the first time that the Lions have made a lousy QB look like a Pro Bowler. I'm actually thrilled the Jackson has improved from "completely brutal" to "just plain sucks". Maybe the Vikings will keep him now. I was pretty heartbroken that Jackson missed both games against the Packers this year.

Same deal with the Bears...I'd love to see Grossman play well enough over these next few games that the Bears have to keep him.

Don't get me wrong, Minnesota's a decent football team. If you can run the ball the way they can and you have a capable defense, you're going to be in contention if your QB simply doesn't screw it up. But they're not "a team to be scared of" as ESPN was trying to make it seem.

That team goes by Peterson. The Packers stuffed him in that game, so it really didn't matter which one of their s***ty QBs was in the lineup. If AD gets rolling, they've got a shot. If you can shut him down, it could get ugly. Pretty clear that all you need to do is force the Vikings QB du jour to beat you.

San Diego is one of about 10 teams in this league that I would classify as "really weird". Sometimes they look like the team that went 14-2 last year and sometimes they look like they wouldn't beat Michigan. I'd also put Minnesota, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, the GIants, Washington, Philly, Detroit, Cleveland, and Tennessee in that category. And I'd consider adding Seattle, KC, Denver, and Arizona....

Basically I think it means that there's about 5 really good teams in the NFL (NE, Indy, Dallas, GB, Jacksonville, and maybe Pittsburgh--I know I included them in both lists) and a bunch of very, very mediocre teams who are capable of winning on any given day, but are also capable of losing to the Jets.

Well I never said anything about them being a team to watch out for.. All I said is that there a silently a good football team right now.. And yes the Vikings don't really have a "starting QB".. But like i said, he's playing better than what he was...

Not to fond of that idea. I think we need a lock down CB......

True...im just grasping for something, hoping that DMC could have the same impact as Peterson on Minnesota.

On that subject, Minnesota is not a good team, theyre ok but certainly not god. Tarvaris Jackson is HORRIBLE, i dont care what he did against the Lions. That will be their achilles heel. Theres Green Bay and Dallas up at the top,....and everyone else is way...way down.

Couldnt agree more

Well I never said anything about them being a team to watch out for.. All I said is that there a silently a good football team right now.. And yes the Vikings don't really have a "starting QB".. But like i said, he's playing better than what he was...

Oh I know. I actually didn't disagree with what you originally posted--I probably should've been a little clearer about that. What I've said is more directed at the media who has been blowing them all week. They're a pretty decent team, and I'm actually impressed with they way they've responded to that blowout loss to the Packers (along with the loss of Peterson), but I'm not going to be scared of a team quarterbacked by Tarvaris Jackson and coached by Brad Childress.

New Orleans is the only team in that mix for the 2nd wildcard that has potential to actually "scare" me, but they aren't consistent enough offensively and their defense sucks too bad for them to beat out all those teams. They blew it by not knocking off the Bucs when they had a chance.

I'am disapointed.. i predicted a 7-9 season this year but after the 6-2 start i thought i was wrong . turns it, i may very well be right.. which sucks cuz i was drinkin the kool-aide that the lions where serving.

This game against the Cowboys will be a real wakeup call.. We are on a 4game slide.. roy is out.. our team has been lackluster as of late.. time to show the true character in this team and come out with a win..

i still see us being able to be 8-8, Chargers,Cowboys,Cheifs,Packers..

all are winnable we just need to man-up. and the coaches need to wake up in the process.

Cowboys, We are in there head, with the comments kitna made last year about bradie james and terrance newman it will get in there skin.. It will be tough, but i think they will over look us same way the did last year.

Chargers, Not as good as they where, but still good. stop LT and Gates.. and you are solid Rivers cant beat anyone by himself..

Chiefs, Let Croyle or Huard pass on us.. i like our odds no matter how s***ty our dbs are..

Packers. on dec 31st the snow in gb is going to be insane. i can see this going either way.. hapy retirment to farve either way

Oh I know. I actually didn't disagree with what you originally posted--I probably should've been a little clearer about that. What I've said is more directed at the media who has been blowing them all week. They're a pretty decent team, and I'm actually impressed with they way they've responded to that blowout loss to the Packers (along with the loss of Peterson), but I'm not going to be scared of a team quarterbacked by Tarvaris Jackson and coached by Brad Childress.

New Orleans is the only team in that mix for the 2nd wildcard that has potential to actually "scare" me, but they aren't consistent enough offensively and their defense sucks too bad for them to beat out all those teams. They blew it by not knocking off the Bucs when they had a chance.

Ok, well now im glad were on the same page now :P

I can see the Vikes winning A play game...but only one..and that is if they play Tampa in the Wild Card. No way they can win in Seattle. Seattle is gonna give Green Bay or Dallas a run for their money but ultimately, the NFC championship game will be Green Bay at Dallas.

Edited by timothy1997

My dad told me he heard on the radio earlier today that Kevin Jones and Roy Williams were saying they wanted out of Detroit.....lol now its getting to that point where you cant help but laugh!

I'm so glad I didn't jump on the bandwaggon. I hope Roy and KJ get out of here. And Calvin for that matter. There is way too much talent on the roster for them to be stranded here. The Lions will always be the red-headed step-child of Detroit (no offense to any red-headed step-children here).

Guest DetroitIan

IMO this team will never do anything as long as the Ford family owns the team. Bottom line. Too bad Ilitch didn't own the Lions. Then we might actually see something get done.

I'am disapointed.. i predicted a 7-9 season this year but after the 6-2 start i thought i was wrong . turns it, i may very well be right.. which sucks cuz i was drinkin the kool-aide that the lions where serving.

This game against the Cowboys will be a real wakeup call.. We are on a 4game slide.. roy is out.. our team has been lackluster as of late.. time to show the true character in this team and come out with a win..

i still see us being able to be 8-8, Chargers,Cowboys,Cheifs,Packers..

all are winnable we just need to man-up. and the coaches need to wake up in the process.

Cowboys, We are in there head, with the comments kitna made last year about bradie james and terrance newman it will get in there skin.. It will be tough, but i think they will over look us same way the did last year.

Chargers, Not as good as they where, but still good. stop LT and Gates.. and you are solid Rivers cant beat anyone by himself..

Chiefs, Let Croyle or Huard pass on us.. i like our odds no matter how s***ty our dbs are..

Packers. on dec 31st the snow in gb is going to be insane. i can see this going either way.. hapy retirment to farve either way

Since when did Favre say he was retiring after this year? If the Packers don't win the Superbowl, I'd be very willing to bet he'll be back.

I can see the Vikes winning A play game...but only one..and that is if they play Tampa in the Wild Card. No way they can win in Seattle. Seattle is gonna give Green Bay or Dallas a run for their money but ultimately, the NFC championship game will be Green Bay at Dallas.

Yeah I would agree that if the Vikes make the playoffs and play the Bucs that they can beat them. If they play my Hawks they don't have a chance at all.. After beating the Bucs, they'll lose to either Dallas or Green Bay

Guest DetroitIan

The officiating in this game was a complete joke. Not NHL bad. But still pretty bad. Especially when there is two BLATANT pass interference calls that were not made. But all in all the Lions played with alot of heart and effort. I would have never guessed how close this game was. I figured it would be a Cowboys blowout. But really, Im not too upset about this loss. The Lions would have done nothing with the win anyways. Even if they had won today, no way they are post-season bound. Atleast now we'll get a little higher pick in the draft(as if that ever helps this team).

Guest DetroitIan

Lenon JUST FALL ON THE GOD DAMN BALL. Game over.

******* Lions. Damnit!

That pissed me off even more than the two non-calls for pass interference. I mean, come on, youre a professional football player and you can't even fall on a ******* ball? Unreal. Yet, somehow not surprising at all. The Lions won 5 weeks ago, and that will be their last "W." Kansas City is our only hope for getting a 7th win. But I really don't see it happening....

why are you people so angry? under matt millen, this is the detroit lions. they get our hopes up in the offseason, maybe win a game or two early, then totally collapse and lose in the last minute of the game. Welcome to Detroit Lions football. The only player on this team with a killer instinct is Kitna, and sadly that is not enough on a 53 man roster.

The officiating in this game was a complete joke. Not NHL bad. But still pretty bad. Especially when there is two BLATANT pass interference calls that were not made. But all in all the Lions played with alot of heart and effort. I would have never guessed how close this game was. I figured it would be a Cowboys blowout. But really, Im not too upset about this loss. The Lions would have done nothing with the win anyways. Even if they had won today, no way they are post-season bound. Atleast now we'll get a little higher pick in the draft(as if that ever helps this team).

That's what happens when you play Dallas. It's incredible the calls that that team gets....Maybe you'll get an apology during the week like Green Bay did. Like that helps.

That pissed me off even more than the two non-calls for pass interference. I mean, come on, youre a professional football player and you can't even fall on a ******* ball? Unreal. Yet, somehow not surprising at all. The Lions won 5 weeks ago, and that will be their last "W." Kansas City is our only hope for getting a 7th win. But I really don't see it happening....

What really killed me was the missed fieldgoal. That more than the two blown interference calls were a clear sign god wants the Cowboys to win. From that range, Hanson is usually as automatic as they come.

Guest DetroitIan

What really killed me was the missed fieldgoal. That more than the two blown interference calls were a clear sign god wants the Cowboys to win. From that range, Hanson is usually as automatic as they come.

Yeah I was extremely surprised Hanson missed that kick. I think it was a 35 yarder. Should have been no problem for Jason. The football Gods we harsh today on the Lions. Or I guess I could say the past 40 something years....

Lions = Cursed.

That's what happens when you play Dallas. It's incredible the calls that that team gets....Maybe you'll get an apology during the week like Green Bay did. Like that helps.

Yeah it's pathetic. And even more harsh, when you're doing it to a team like the Lions. Atleast the Packers have a guy like Favre, who can overcome those horrendous calls. We have John "I talk the talk but don't walk the walk" Kitna. Its hard enough to get wins as it is. But when you have to deal with all the terrible calls too, it basically gives you no chance.

I rarely get to watch the Lions because the games typically aren't broadcast where I live.

Today I'm so thankful for that fact. (and wished I hadn't watched today's game).

I know what you mean. While moving out of Michigan has made it tougher to watch the Spartans, Tigers, and Wings. It is nice not being able to see the Lions embarrass themselves on a weekly basis. I caught part of the game today, I wish I hadn't.