Canada - Claude Giroux - (Fisticuffs Misconduct), 10 min, 10:10

Canada - Josh Godfrey - (Fisticuffs Misconduct), 10 min, 10:10

Russia - Viktor Tikhonov - (Fisticuffs Misconduct), 10 min, 10:10

Russia - Maxim Chudinov - (Roughing), 2 min, 5:36

Canada - Milan Lucic - (Roughing), 2 min, 5:37

Canada - Milan Lucic - (Roughing), 2 min, 5:37

Canada - John Tavares - (Checking from Behind), 2 min, 19:01

Canada - John Tavares - (Checking from Behind Misconduct), 10 min, 19:01

I haven't seen a clip of Tavares' checking from behind or Lucic's double minor rough, but the brawl started when a Russian in a full cage boarded Claude Giroux way after the whistle into the boards, a crowd gathered around the Russian goal and a couple fights broke out... the main event was Luke Schenn filling in the cheapshotting Russian player and there were a couple wrestling matches behind them, he pounded him pretty good, and turns out Schenn only received 2 minutes of penalties haha

it was inevitable, The Russians are a proud people, who are proud of there history in hockey. After getting there tails handed to them for the entire series i can't blame them for having short fuses. That said, i'm pretty happy about Canada making them look stupid. Russian hockey desperately needs to check itself.

Has anyone actually seen any stats from this series other than scores?

I thought Tavares was kinda invisible, I think he only had 1 goal. I know he is still a little young, but from all I have heard about him, he is supposed to be the next great one coming along.

I thought Tavares was kinda invisible, I think he only had 1 goal. I know he is still a little young, but from all I have heard about him, he is supposed to be the next great one coming along.

I watched every game except Game 8 and I thought he played great (a little young = 16). He had 1 goal but I think atleast 4 assists, and he had a ton of great chances, a couple posts. He really is the next big thing coming along but he was just surrounded by so many superstars like S. Gagner, K. Turris, etc... that he just wasn't the one putting up the numbers, but he definitely wasn't invisible.

I watched every game except Game 8 and I thought he played great (a little young = 16). He had 1 goal but I think atleast 4 assists, and he had a ton of great chances, a couple posts. He really is the next big thing coming along but he was just surrounded by so many superstars like S. Gagner, K. Turris, etc... that he just wasn't the one putting up the numbers, but he definitely wasn't invisible.

I probably should have said invisible from the scoresheet as I was only able to watch bits and pieces of a couple of the games (though, I didn't see much of him during that time either).

He is effectively 17 (birthday next week). Turris and Gagner are only a year older than him.

I watched it, and I loved it. Schenn, Godfrey and Ellerby roasted the russians in fights. Some 16 year old russian cheap shotted Giroux, then Giroux kicked his ass. Lucic punched some guy in the face because he slashed him in the crotch. Plus Canada won 6-1

That was by far the best game

yeah..next Sidney Crosby my butt. He will be a good player - but hes no Crosby

Guest jaytan

If I'd just been whipped as thoroughly as those Russian kids, I'd be throwing some fists, too.... I bet there was a whole lot of vodka consumed in their locker room after that beatdown!

I tihnk the series could've been closer had Russia not blown its 2-0 lead in the first game at home, and if their superstar Cherepanov hadn't been injured; it was probably a bit demoralizing.....

Guest jaytan

It would have been even closer if they let their NHL stars play the Canadian juniors. At least Yashin.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I watched it, and I loved it. Schenn, Godfrey and Ellerby roasted the russians in fights. Some 16 year old russian cheap shotted Giroux, then Giroux kicked his ass. Lucic punched some guy in the face because he slashed him in the crotch. Plus Canada won 6-1

That was by far the best game

I didn't see the game so I can't comment on the fights in particular. However a general statement for all would be that yeah, Canadian kids ought to whip up on Russian kids in bare knuckle dust ups. As far as I know Canadian hockey still puts some emphasis on the kind of toughness displayed through fighting. I've never once seen or heard of Russian players spending too much time focusing on fighting. Hell, I can't even think of any good Russian fighters ever. Alex Stojanov maybe?

I'm American so for me, my most hated rival are Canadians. I don't mind the Russians so much. In my mind the Canadians are the ones we're always trying to catch up to. I don't dislike Canada at all or its players, for me its a respect thing. They are still top dog so I always want to beat them.

I can't remember if we won the game or not but I think it was 96 when they basically dropped the puck for the World Cup and Kieth Tkachuk goes to fighting somebody, Kieth Primeau maybe and Bill Guerin I think fights Claude Lemieux at the same time right off the bat. I was like a proud parent at that moment.

Too bad for Russia, that's so obviously a hockey powerhouse to get slammed 8 games to nothing is pretty bad. Oh well, timing is everything. A few years ago maybe they have guys like Malkin you never know. s***, the Russian were unbeatable for how many decades in the 60's, 70's. This stuff is cyclical. I'm just waiting for the Americans to finally take there place at the top for an extended period of time.

Guest jaytan

Aren't some of the heavyweight boxing title holders Russians?

Not that it would make their hockey players tougher, but it's not unheard of for a Russian to know how to fight. Usually, though, it's in bars and everyone is drunk.