• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
up2here

Petr Cajanek

Rate this topic

Cajanek cleared waivers yesterday which means he is now free to sign with any team at half his salary(1 mil). Might be worth a look for the Wings he can play Center or Left Wing and is only 32. When the Wings played the Blues last year I seem to recall him showing some talent. TSN Scouting Report

Edited by UP2HERE

I don't think thats correct. If I'm remembering correctly and understanding you, he was sent down? He can only be claimed for 1/2 his salary when he gets called back up and placed on waivers.

Edit: I just checked, he was indeed sent down. This does not mean he can sign with any team.

If he ever gets called back up from Peoria, the Blues must place him on waivers and then he can be claimed for half price.

But I'd pass on him, we don't have room for him anywhere, except maybe the 4th line.

Edited by GoCryWolfe

I don't think thats correct. If I'm remembering correctly and understanding you, he was sent down? He can only be claimed for 1/2 his salary when he gets called back up and placed on waivers.

Thats correct,TSN reported that the Blues want someone to take him off their hands so they would likely be calling him up. I should have added that to post.

Edit: I just checked, he was indeed sent down. This does not mean he can sign with any team.

If he ever gets called back up from Peoria, the Blues must place him on waivers and then he can be claimed for half price.

FYI:

Meanwhile, now that the St. Louis Blues have put Czech forward Petr Cajanek on re-entry waivers, it is not a reach to think he will be claimed by another team.

In fact, there is reason to believe the Blues know there is a team out there willing to claim him.

Cajanek makes $2 million this season on the final year of his contract. That means any team that claims him only has to assume half his salary, or $1 million for the year. Since the 32-year-old Cajanek had 15 goals and 48 points in 77 games last season in St. Louis, while averaging more than 16 minutes per night, it's not unreasonable to think he'll be picked up. If so, the Blues are on the hook for half Cajanek's salary - $1 million - and it will count against the cap.

I liked Cajanek a lot when he played in Czech League. and unlike many great but aged Czech players who came too late to the NHL and didn't adapt (see: Dopita), Cajanek's been very good at the NHL rink

for $1M he's definitely worth consideration for any team West of Atlantic. though, there's not much room for LW/C in Wings roster, even more with the team trying to give some room for youngsters

I'd mind if Kenny shopped for him, not if he didn't

Edited by akustyk

Cajanek cleared waivers yesterday which means he is now free to sign with any team at half his salary(1 mil). Might be worth a look for the Wings he can play Center or Left Wing and is only 32. When the Wings played the Blues last year I seem to recall him showing some talent. TSN Scouting Report

I like Cajanek but I don't think this team needs any more soft Euro's.

Cajanek has probably more talent then some of our current top 6 forwards, and he actually impressed me at times last year against the Wings. But, do we really need another small, soft, European center?