• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hckypete96

Leafs looking at Holland as new GM?

Rate this topic

http://torontosun.com/Sports/Hockey/2007/1...603729-sun.html

So, where do the MLSEL people look now? They failed in an attempt to bring Scotty Bowman in to run the Leafs in the summer and continually talk about a Bryan Colangelo-type to run the club.

The best choice may be Ken Holland, the Detroit GM, who works in the deepest front office in hockey. Holland is under contract, but then so was Colangelo before leaving for the Raptors. Holland is in a bit of a strange position in Detroit -- with Steve Yzerman waiting in the Wings -- so to speak.

Ehhh I don't buy it.... I think Kenny will get the extension.... Nill on the other hand I could def see going elsewhere....

Nobody ever has to worry about Holland, Nill, Bowman or anyone competent leaving their posts to work for the Leafs.

Hiring Holland or Nill would be a smart move by the Leafs. And if there's anything that we're sure of, it's that the Leafs do not make smart hockey decisions.

The fact that they gave an EXTENTION to JFJ last year tells you that they have no clue. I'm confident that JFJ will sign a 45 year extention at $4M a year in the coming days.

He'll then promptly trade Sundin and Kaberle for Yashin and Huskins. And then when they get the 1st overall pick, he'll trade John Tavares for Steve Downie.

Soon there will be a statue erected of JFJ outside the ACC for all to praise.

Long live the Leafs awesome decision makers!!!

This is just like the same smoke they were trying to blow with the whole Scottie Bowman situation. I think that the 'journalists' in Toronto are 90% fiction writers and 10% reporters.

You're giving them too much credit.

i don't understand why the GM of the most sucessful team in the last 15 years would leave to a join of all teams, the leafs...

seems like the toronto media is talking out of their arse again

The Red Wings Front Office won't be changing for a very long time. They do have the deepest Front Office in hockey, and arguably in sports. The reason they all stay: they're all committed to winning. And they're all committed to winning together.

The only thing reason Holland would leave would be money.

Don't forget the staff is just like the players. The better you are the more money you get, and the better a team thinks you can make them the better the offers you get.

Other than dinero, which I don't know Holland well enough to judge him on this (well actually I don't know him at all), I have no idea why he would go to the Leafs, unless he really likes a challenge.

It seems like Toronto thinks they can get just about anybody they want.....except for the people they want. They should probably not have reporters around when they're off in the "non-reality zone".

I think they had to retract an article a few weeks ago that reported Toe Blake was very interested in the job and was a good bet to take the GM position.

Unless we are reading different articles, I don't understand what some of you are so worried about. The mention of Holland in that article is nothing more than that writer's opinion as to who should be the Leafs new GM. No where does he mention anything about the Leafs looking at Holland as their new GM.

Stop looking for story lines that aren't there.

If Holland would be stupid enough to even consider this, then go ahead.

Why on earth would he want to leave a perennial cup contender for a perennial 9th place finisher..in the East.

I don't buy it.

http://torontosun.com/Sports/Hockey/2007/1...603729-sun.html

Ehhh I don't buy it.... I think Kenny will get the extension.... Nill on the other hand I could def see going elsewhere....

A year or two ago Holland and Nill signed extensions that took their contracts through the '12 season, I believe, and Nill's deal had a clause that explicitly states he cannot go become the GM of another team. Ilitch made a long-term big money commitment to Nill and Nill made a committent in return by signing a clause saying he won't go anywhere else.

A year or two ago Holland and Nill signed extensions that took their contracts through the '12 season, I believe, and Nill's deal had a clause that explicitly states he cannot go become the GM of another team. Ilitch made a long-term big money commitment to Nill and Nill made a committent in return by signing a clause saying he won't go anywhere else.

But, but.......... the Leafs are magic?

This just in: The Toronto Sun is reporting that the Leafs are putting the final touches on a deal that would send Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Marian Hossa, Bobby Orr, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to Toronto in exchange for Carlo Colaiacovo and a 1st round pick.

This just in: The Toronto Sun is reporting that the Leafs are putting the final touches on a deal that would send Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Marian Hossa, Bobby Orr, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to Toronto in exchange for Carlo Colaiacovo and a 1st round pick.

Pass. Orr's overrated.