• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Skiing - Puck

Insane Junior A brawl

Rate this topic

This was during a MJAHL game a couple days ago. The teams are Summerside and Halifax. The whole thing starts with a player chasing a player from the other team across the ice and onto the other teams bench wear a couple more players jump onto the bench to fight as well. One of the team trainers even goes after a ref.

For this video chick on raw footage on the right

Video 1

Fo this video click the picture on the bottom with the title Junior A hockey brawl at Halifax Forum

Video 2

Edited by Skiing - Puck

good ole Canadian hockey. Don't think that one guy was too smart diving into the bench like that to get the s*** beaten out of him by the whole other team. That one guy is a ***** who tried to hide in the bench, take it like a man. Too bad we don't see more of this in the NHL, you can hear the fans going nuts in the background

that has to be the most cowardly thing i've ever seen,.....i know,..in my beloved hockey,..i did not see a kid run like a scared little girl and then dive into his bench,....holy jumpin'

i'd be ashamed if i was that kid.

I don't care,..take your ass beating like a man. If derek boogard drops his gloves and comes after me, i might try to turtle,...or i dunno,...i know i wouldn't do a superman over my bench to escape him.

I don't care how mad you are, you are just plain retarded if you go into the opposing team's bench during a fight.

And that winger seemed a little out of line going at a D-man before the puck dropped, but still, man up and drop your gloves.

When I watched this the advertisement before the clip was for the Canadian Ballet and had a bunch of guys dancing around in leg warmers and toe shoes. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just thought it was a funny lead in.

Great brawl. This brings back some great memories. That kid should be ashamed of himself for running like that. He has a helmet on for god's sake.

that has to be the most cowardly thing i've ever seen,.....i know,..in my beloved hockey,..i did not see a kid run like a scared little girl and then dive into his bench,....holy jumpin'

Why is no-one talking about this?

That was the most hilarious .. yet PATHTEIC thing I have ever seen in any game, any league, anywhere, ever! He skated for his life and dived into the bench like a friggin' baby. What a chump. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Someone slap whoever keeps yelling "You can do it!!".

Edited by motorcitykid

Guest micah

If Maltby junior there wasn't such a coward, there wouldn't have even been a brawl. If you don't want to fight, tuck in your chin, hang on tight and don't get hurt....don't run to your bench. that poor kid didn't have muchj time to think about it and I'm sure his fear took over, I have a feeling he feels like about the biggest loser in the world now that this is on TV all over canada.

When I watched this the advertisement before the clip was for the Canadian Ballet and had a bunch of guys dancing around in leg warmers and toe shoes. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just thought it was a funny lead in.

Great brawl. This brings back some great memories. That kid should be ashamed of himself for running like that. He has a helmet on for god's sake.

did you see the size of number 7!!? dude looked like a 30 yr old out there with a bunch of teenagers.. honestly I think the kid had the right idea.. probably there star player and 7 was out there looking to start s***..

I cannot believe that little chicken s*** ran away like that, I am surprised he didn't hide behind some one!!

I saw a fight similar to that between the Lewiston Maineiacs and Baie-Comeau, by the end of the fight Lewiston had 6 players left on the bench and baie Comeau had 4 and 3 more in the box. One of the guys in the box had been knocked out at the start of the fight. He hit a guy behind the net after his team had iced the puck.

He was in the box with no gloves, no stick, no helmet, just and ice pack on his head.

But one of the guys took a cheap shot on a Baie Comeau player and then headed for the Lewiston bench, abotu 5 Baie Comeau players left their bench and headed to the Lewiston one.

Crazy fight.

I was expecting a lot worse based on the title of the thread. I've certainly seen more crazy brawls than that....in fact, I've been involved in more crazy brawls than that.

The only thing the separated in from a normal scrum on the ice is that a couple guys ended up in the other team's bench.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

This was during a MJAHL game a couple days ago. The teams are Summerside and Halifax. The whole thing starts with a player chasing a player from the other team across the ice and onto the other teams bench wear a couple more players jump onto the bench to fight as well. One of the team trainers even goes after a ref.

For this video chick on raw footage on the right

Video 1

Fo this video click the picture on the bottom with the title Junior A hockey brawl at Halifax Forum

Video 2

As a fight enthusiast I have only 2 issues with this.

1. The guy who tucked tail should be embarrassed. If you don't want to fight just tackle the guy coming at you. The refs will help out. Cowardly? I suppose. More like, he didn't know what to do and made himself look ridiculous by trying to "escape".

2. The 2nd player in white who Superman'd into the bench. What a ******* idiot. I know what he was trying to do but you could kill somebody doing that. He's lucky one of his skates didn't slash some coach in the throat.

good ole Canadian hockey. Don't think that one guy was too smart diving into the bench like that to get the s*** beaten out of him by the whole other team. That one guy is a ***** who tried to hide in the bench, take it like a man. Too bad we don't see more of this in the NHL, you can hear the fans going nuts in the background

Dman showed good speed and agility to get in to the bench like that :scared: Yeah, he's the guy I want on my blue line. :lol: He will never live that down.

Whats up with the guy doing ariels into the opposing bench? Look Ma, no brains! :yowza:

As a fight enthusiast I have only 2 issues with this.

1. The guy who tucked tail should be embarrassed. If you don't want to fight just tackle the guy coming at you. The refs will help out. Cowardly? I suppose. More like, he didn't know what to do and made himself look ridiculous by trying to "escape".

2. The 2nd player in white who Superman'd into the bench. What a ******* idiot. I know what he was trying to do but you could kill somebody doing that. He's lucky one of his skates didn't slash some coach in the throat.

My understanding about the guy that tucked tail and ran is that that was his first game back form some major facial injurys from a fight earlier this season. But he should not have ran like that, he should have turtled or taken out the guys legs out.

I was expecting a lot worse based on the title of the thread. I've certainly seen more crazy brawls than that....in fact, I've been involved in more crazy brawls than that.

The only thing the separated in from a normal scrum on the ice is that a couple guys ended up in the other team's bench.

The only thing that I really thought was nuts was going into the bench in order to fight as well as the trainer throwing punchs at a ref.

I have been involved in bigger fights than that, but during those the players went off of the bench onto the ice, not from the ice onto the bench.

I witnessed a duck and retreat one time in a local Junior C game.

It was during a Christmas tourny and one of the local players went after a visiting player. This kid literally flew down the ice and jump over the boards, into his bench, to avoid the fight.

The whole arena (1000 fans or so) blew up laughing.

After the game, a lot of the players went back to a local watering hole. One of the linesman noticed that kid that turned tail and said to him "If I was the official I would have given you 2 minutes for being a *****".