• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TRD604

Sharks sign Sandis Ozolinsh

Rate this topic

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=221998&hubname=nhl

San Jose, CA (Sports Network) - The San Jose Sharks have signed defenseman Sandis Ozolinsh to a one-year contract on Friday. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Ozolinsh, 35, is returning to the team that drafted him in the second round of the 1991 draft. He played with the club from 1992-95 before being traded to Colorado.

The seven-time NHL All-Star has played in 836 NHL games with San Jose, Colorado, Carolina, Florida, Anaheim and the New York Rangers, posting 164 goals and 384 assists along with 614 penalty minutes.

"Sandis is Stanley Cup winner, a seven time All-Star and he is in tremendous physical shape," said Sharks general manager Doug Wilson. "He has worked very hard and we look forward to him helping this hockey club moving forward."

HAHAHA!

If Dougie Wilson thinks that Sandis Ozolinsh will help his team, he's crazy. He's old, slow and cant contribute offsively like he used too.

Why are you pissing all over Wilson for making a depth signing? It's not like he came out and said "Yeah, we expect Sandis to lead our team in ice-time, points, and... well, everything else".

Good for Ozolinsh. Hopefully for his sake he can get it together.

Why are you pissing all over Wilson for making a depth signing? It's not like he came out and said "Yeah, we expect Sandis to lead our team in ice-time, points, and... well, everything else".

Good for Ozolinsh. Hopefully for his sake he can get it together.

Eh, I just dont like the Sharks or Ozolinsh very much. Maybe I'll be wrong and he will play well for the Sharks.

Eh, I just dont like the Sharks or Ozolinsh very much. Maybe I'll be wrong and he will play well for the Sharks.

I don't like the Sharks either, but I still don't see why it's a bad signing. They got him for dirt cheap (don't know the exact figures, but I've heard on the radio it's for league minimum), and he's not going to be anything more than a #7 defenseman anyways. It isn't a terrible signing like some think.

Edited by Kp-Wings

We did?!

One would think that the way we've been playing he might trade someone.

However, we have been playing better (translated: showing up), and after that last spanking by the Wings and the subsequent no-show in Colombus, the guys seem motivated.

Devin Setoguchi is amazing, and the look on Cheechoo's face (seeing the new guy take his spot next to big Joe) was classic. Devin scored twice in his first game, but everyone had been watching him in Worchester. Tonight we're playing the Kings in SJ.... 12 straight games in the Pacific. Tomorrow we're in LA, I'll be at that game.

Sharks might be waking up here!

BTW congrats to the Wings for that Canadian sweep!