• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

VM1138

Locker ROom Drama

Rate this topic

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottaw...pf-4619934.html

That article is about how Ottawa's players are starting to get in each other's faces a bit because of the long break. The article sparked some memories in me about players like Eddie Belfour, the rumours about Hull's locker room problems with the Wings (what was all that about, anyways?), and other teams suffering from behind the scene drama. The WIngs have been pretty blessed (at least as far as I can tell), have there been any problems between players on the Wings for years? The only thing I can think of is Shanahan and Bowman not getting along. I seem to remember someone saying something about Hull leaving because of some locker-room drama, but I guess I've been in the dark.

Anyone remember anything?

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottaw...pf-4619934.html

That article is about how Ottawa's players are starting to get in each other's faces a bit because of the long break. The article sparked some memories in me about players like Eddie Belfour, the rumours about Hull's locker room problems with the Wings (what was all that about, anyways?), and other teams suffering from behind the scene drama. The WIngs have been pretty blessed (at least as far as I can tell), have there been any problems between players on the Wings for years? The only thing I can think of is Shanahan and Bowman not getting along. I seem to remember someone saying something about Hull leaving because of some locker-room drama, but I guess I've been in the dark.

Anyone remember anything?

Its cause Hull was always drunk.

Didn't Joseph step on the ice with his jersey on inside-out in protest of the whole Hasek situation?

Where's Cujo now?

With Yzerman and Shanahan and Lidstron and Draper and ETC. in the room, thats a HUGE presence, and I would think all pretty much on the same page. All that veteran presence would pretty much neutralize a small dose of toxic personality. And I'm sure Bowman wouldn't tolerate the apple cart getting upset, so he would ship 'em out, like in Avery's case.

Sort of like how you never heard anything about Dennis Rodman being a goofball until after he left the presence of Daily, Thomas, Dumars, Laimbeer, and Mayhem. He respected those guys and was focused while he was here. Of course it wasn't unitl after he left Detroit that he got a lesson in self marketing and promotion from Madona.

according to the Sens fans I've mentioned this to, Emery has "anger management" issues. :P He was mad at Eaves about something else, apparently, and took the opportunity to throw a fit at him bec. a puck Eaves shot hit Emery in the head. Who knows it it was intentional and both of them meant to get into it? Hard to say.

Emery didn't play very well against Atlanta the next game (4 goals on 19 shots) but managed to win because his offense chipped in 6 goals.

As for locker room drama in Detroit, happy to say I don't see any problems there this season. :)

according to the Sens fans I've mentioned this to, Emery has "anger management" issues. :P He was mad at Eaves about something else, apparently, and took the opportunity to throw a fit at him bec. a puck Eaves shot hit Emery in the head. Who knows it it was intentional and both of them meant to get into it? Hard to say.

Emery didn't play very well against Atlanta the next game (4 goals on 19 shots) but managed to win because his offense chipped in 6 goals.

As for locker room drama in Detroit, happy to say I don't see any problems there this season. :)

Is Emery the guy who, when I see him giving interviews while in street clothes, I think Its an interview with someone from the NBA? Dresses in Hip-hop wear as opposed to the classic NHL suit and loose tie? Is that Emery?

Is Emery the guy who, when I see him giving interviews while in street clothes, I think Its an interview with someone from the NBA? Dresses in Hip-hop wear as opposed to the classic NHL suit and loose tie? Is that Emery?

Most likely.