• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
#19=Legend

Ken and Mick

Rate this topic

I just want to mention how much i apperciate these guys.

I always say to my dad when the game is on versus, "Damn, we cant listen to Ken and Mick". These guys on versus are nothing compared to them.

Not only do we have the best team, front office and fans. We have the best announcers.

Just want to say for the millionth time how spoiled we are. :D

Guest DetroitIan

I always say to my dad when the game is on versus, "Damn, we cant listen to Ken and Mick". These guys on versus are nothing compared to them.

Not only do we have the best team, front office and fans. We have the best announcers.

:clap: Best broadcasters in sports. The banter they have together is unmatched. I hope Ken and Mickey continue to cover the Red Wings for a long time to come.

Love 'em. I thought it was funny when we were playing Carolina, their fans were not too happy with them. Most other fans seem to think they're pretty bad. I understand that Mickey especially can get pretty excited, but it goes for both teams playing. He just doesn't like "chintzy little hooking penalties that don't belong in the game". Thought he was going to shoot the refs tonight.

Guest DetroitIan

Going through those, I can still hear Rod saying everyone in my head. And only laughter ensues.

Mario and Rod are a close second for me(very close). But Ken and Mick will always be my favorite.

I love listening to the two of them during the game. Its great. I love Mick, he cracks me up. I was able to see him play in an Alumni game this past weekend, every shift he was out there laughing with the refs, while all the others were playing lol. he was joking around with all the guys. Dont get me wrong he played too, he has still got some impressive speed going on. And he scored a goal. But he was a riot to watch. I always groan when I see a game coming up on Versus :crazy:

Man you beat me to it. "You can't sneak cheese by a rat" and " That boy got bizzy. B-I-Z-Z-Y kind of busy" are my favorite Rod sayings.

I actualy printed the pocket version out to play on game days. Maybe I have a drinking problem?

Detroit has always usually had great announcers whether it's Redmond, Blaha or even Ernie Harwell to name a few.

It's funny, because a lot of my friends are Wings fans but when they are over, they talk, and I get pissed at them because I can't hear what Ken and Mick are discussing. :lol:

I don't think they understand my love for them.

I cracked up during the Carolina game when Mickey talked about Cam Ward's glove save. "He grabed in the big ol' bushel basket of his." Or something to that effect. :P

my favorite is hearing mickey when datsyuk has the puck....once he touches the puck you hear "uh-oh" or "look at this", or even funnier is listening to him talk when bs penalties are called

i want to see him and don cherry commentate for one game, that would be hilarious

Honestly, I think everyone is subject to bias with respect to announcers. You get used to listening to certain people over the years and you don't like listening to others.

I'm not from Detroit, so I probably don't get to hear these guys as much as some, but when I do, I can't say I'm their biggest fan. I enjoy them, but in terms of calling the game and adding excitement, I just don't feel it. Just a quick example, I was watching one of the games last week and my wife says "these announcers suck!" I wouldn't go that far, but that is just to illustrate the bias. My wife is not a diehard hockey fan, so being from Toronto, the only games she really would have ever watched much of would be Toronto on Hockey Night in Canada and she is probably used to hearing those guys.

I enjoy Ken and Mick, especially Mick though. I love Mick's sayings and what not.

Mario & Rod are right up there though. I really love how Rod reacted to Monroe's home run against the Yankees. :D

If you haven't heard it, I posted it for your entertainment :P

They're not the best announcers, necessarily, but they really get me into the game. They're great, and our team and front office is truly the class of the NHL. We are VERY spoiled as Red Wings fans, and being a visitor to Michigan, I probably notice it more than you natives do. YOU ARE PATHETIC. But I love you, anyway.

We are so lucky to have the Ken/Mickey tandem at the helm. Mickeyisms enrich my Red Wings hockey experiences. I sometimes count how many times Mickey claims per game that "(insert player, usually Datsyuk)'s got eyes in the back of his head!" and I find myself telling people that a player blew a tire or yelling at the players on TV to put the biscuit in the basket :lol:

Not only does it bring a smile to my face when there's a wings game but its huge when i know good ol' Ken and micky are going to be there to announce the game

Going through those, I can still hear Rod saying everyone in my head. And only laughter ensues.

I can actually hear Rod saying basically every single one of these phrases in my head..... You know it was just yesterday i was complaining about how long there still is to opening day. I am super excited for this season especially with the addition of Dontrelle Willis, Miguel Cabrera, and Edgar Renteria....OHH and not too mention the return of the Batting Champ MAGS! :D:D:clap:

John Buccigross from ESPN

There is simply no better NHL broadcasting tandem than Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond. Some might be as good, but not better. Daniels has few peers as a play-by-play man. He has passion, a great voice and extensive knowledge, and he flawlessly sets the scene. I assume he rejects any national game opportunities because he clearly should get those assignments. Redmond is so likable and warm, you feel as though he is in the living room with you. Every one of their games sounds important and eventful.

I feel exactly the same way. In the HHOF they have a little section of the greatest calls, and Ken Daniels has one in there during Shannys 500th goal. I do think I remember seeing Ken do a CBC game once though I could be wrong though.

Yea i love Ken and Mick. But especially Mick.. he just reminds of an old grandfather type figure who has all kinds of awesome stories to tell ya. But yes they are awesome and when were only on Verses i just sigh and picture what mick would say after a hit, fight, goal, etc.

I tell you what, after having to watch a nashville feed of last nights game (I'm in california and we always get the nashville FSN when they play) it makes you appreciate Ken and Mick so much.

I know there is alot of bad blood between us and nashville in all regards, I don't really get into that...but man I hate their on-air guys - Crispy and whoever else the other guy is. They are both such hucksters, and then they roll into these commercial pitches. Drives me bonkers.

This whole new hiring of Violleta from Nashville has me worried, I hope that aspect of the sales/marketing doesn't get worked into Ken & Mick.

Man, last night if I had to hear crispy pronounce us as "De-troy-it" one more time ...ugh.

Really makes you appreciate what we have with Mick & Ken. Really feels natural with those two.

On a side note, back in the day...I really loved Strader and Mickey too.

-Mike

I grew up on Strader and Redmond covering the Wings and never really thought I would like whomever replaced Strader. I was overwhelmed and after a few years, they grew on me. Great tandum. Just wish Redmond could make more road trips tho. Murph isnt too bad tho.