• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwinger4747

Wings should NOT make a deadline deal.

Rate this topic

i dont care if we get a chance to bring in sundin for a small price then that has to be done no questions asked

Oh here we go with the unrealistic aquisitions. A small price for Sundin ?! Sure...right...

Next somebody is going to mention Forsburg, then Fedorov, then some other washed up guys. Bertuzzi anyone. Maybe we should just trade Sammy and a draft pick for Crosby.

If we can use the 5 mil for a rental player great, but we need to keep our wits about us. We don't want to trade away anybody that is going to be part of our future. If the deal is there and it will help great, but with Huds and Flip playing great, they are now untouchable IMO.

Sammy is about the only one I would trade. Even you Lilja haters need to take a step back. I don't want to trade our #1 shot blocker.

Buy a player - maybe, but trade, I say we stand pat.

Yeah, there are guys on the roster that wont take a beating. But teams know we're not the toughest, or the biggest, and sometimes that's an advantage (Calgary, San Jose) and others not so good (Anaheim).

But I agree, a couple more big bodies couldnt hurt.

Calgary, San Jose and Aneheim? How did we do against them last year?

Calgary, San Jose and Aneheim? How did we do against them last year?

Calgary and San Jose where hard fought battles the series could of went either way.. Anaheim stopped us from the cup.

Sure we are a great team, but when times get rough and the playoff enviroment is in full effect and we need to fight scrap grind yourself for a win, im not putting all my chips on Dats and Henrik to pull us through. We need some agitators to even the score physicaly. Once we can even up things Muscle whise with other teams without Negating from our offence. We will be King Kong of the Jungle. Dare i say a Dynasty?

Truism.

Guys, the Wings should and will make at least one deal before the postseason. Deal with it.

I think they will go after a defenseman, but if Eriksson and Quincey keep throwing their weight around down at GR, we might see those guys in Red. Having room to make a deal is good, but it has to be the right deal. Flip is scoring now yes, but it's with Datsyuk centering him and that gives Flip room to score. We'll have to reserve judgement on getting a scorer until down the road.

Sammy is about the only one I would trade. Even you Lilja haters need to take a step back. I don't want to trade our #1 shot blocker.

Buy a player - maybe, but trade, I say we stand pat.

I like what you said. I love Sammy with all my heart, but he's not doing much in the scoring department. Draper has more goals then him. He better get it together and soon! :unsure:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about Lils. Everyone says he sucks, but his blocked shots have saved games for us, his passes on the other hand...

I wouldn't want us to trade a good player for someone who's gonna crap it up as soon as we get him(Calder). Maybe buy someone, but don't trade anyone, IMO.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
I like what you said. I love Sammy with all my heart, but he's not doing much in the scoring department. Draper has more goals then him. He better get it together and soon! :unsure:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about Lils. Everyone says he sucks, but his blocked shots have saved games for us, his passes on the other hand...

I wouldn't want us to trade a good player for someone who's gonna crap it up as soon as we get him(Calder). Maybe buy someone, but don't trade anyone, IMO.

Calder was amazing in the regular season when we got him........

As for me

Dream Aquistions

Sammy and a 5th for Michael Ryder

Meech and a 2nd for Adam Foote.

GET IT DONE KENNY!

Calder was amazing in the regular season when we got him........

As for me

Dream Aquistions

GET IT DONE KENNY!

The last thing this team needs to do is trade a young talented player like Meech and a high draft pick for a 36 year old who is on his way out. Give me a break :puke:

The last thing this team needs to do is trade a young talented player like Meech and a high draft pick for a 36 year old who is on his way out. Give me a break :puke:

Agreed theres no way we should give anything up for someone like Foote, but unfortunately if we do swing a deal I can see a defensive prospect heading out. The Wings are much deeper on defense then they are upfront when it comes to the minor leaguers.

Why does everybody always think Doan is going to be traded? Its not gonna happen.

And they always assume that Phoenix would be stupid enough to trade him for Sammy of all people. In fact, Sammy has been traded here on LGW in about 10 million different acquisitions.

I don't really think that a lack of defense is what brought us down last year. Sure we didn't have Kronwall or Scheider, but those two significant, series changing goals came off of a deflection from Lidstrom's stick, and a misplay by good ol' Lilja. Both freak things.

However, if we are going to pick up a defensman, I would be all for trading away Lilja instead of some draft picks, if at all possible.

And I do agree with most in that we could definitely use some size and/or some reliable scoring up front. Preferably scoring though, because the Wings held their own pretty darn good last year when it came to hits.

Edited by Echolalia

Guest wingswillwincup
This years Red Wings are the most complete team since the 02 Cup year. We do NOT need to make a deadline deal. Making a deal just for the sake of making one is stupid. We don't need a 2nd line scorer, we don't need a power forward, we don't need a top 6 defenseman, we don't need ANYTHING. Our team is great, we should stand pat, The Ducks did and look what happened. Don't fix something that isn't broken!

Go Wings, NO DEAL!

the ducks had 2 players retire and one signed away , different situation ....... and just because were doing amazing now dont guarantee us anything in the playoffs , just the other day i caught the wings highlight of a game and lilja coughed up the puck again leading to a goal , he needs to be replaced come playoffs , we need a physical defensemen who can actually play , rob blake if he'd waive his no trade clause would be the guy id want , he wouldnt cost us too much and i think he would play alot better here then on a crap kings team , but anyone who can actually play defense and pound guys would be welcome , too bad we lost fischer cause hes what we need

Guest wingswillwincup

derek meech is leaving , im sure of it

he's got no place on this team , he's here so we dont lose him for nothing ....... ericsson is ahead of him , as is quincey , and we got kindl,smith , pyett who can make the teams in a few yrs .... meech has no place on this team especially since chelios aint going anywhere and lidstrom is locked up another 2 yrs

say goodbye to meech , and i wouldnt have a problem trading him for foote for a playoff run but no way will columbus do us any favours

Lack of depth kills cup runs quick and by the looks of it. Quincey (if eligible) and Downey are the two depth guys. Oh and I guess Meech too.

IMO that's just not good enough. It's better to have a Plan B and not need it than be left with a steaming pile of plan a only.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Foote is still playing at a MUCH HIGHER level than Meech will most likely ever attain. Meech will at most be a 4th Defensemen. Foote's Leadership and phsyicality would be a boom in the playoffs. Kinda funny how people want Federov here and than scoff at the idea of FOote even tho adam is currently a much better player.

Flip is scoring now yes, but it's with Datsyuk centering him and that gives Flip room to score.

That's a big part of my overall point, which is that the regular season can be -- and usually is with the Wings -- deceiving. I don't mean to bash Flip; he's already a world-class player and in about two or three seasons he's going to be a monster. But right now, neither he nor Hudler should be viewed as legitimate answers to this roster's lack of scoring depth. They'll continue to do well in the regular season, but like you said, they have room and some flexibility -- things they absolutely won't have in the playoffs. Especially against the Ducks.

This isn't about getting down on them; this is about being realistic. Realistically, this roster, as it stands right now, could easily be pounded in the playoffs. If the Wings lose Hank or Dats for an extended period of time, they're screwed. If they lose a top-4 defenseman, they're screwed. If the opposition decides to take physical liberties...well, they may not be screwed, but they're still far from being a team that thrives in the face of physicality.

Hell, what happens if we lose Hank or Dats and Flip or Huds to injury? Sure would be nice to have a little more top-6 scoring punch in that case, eh?

The D may be in slightly better shape, but even it has obvious problems -- namely a lack of size and a top-4 defensive defenseman. People point to Rafalski and Kronwall as proof that the D is fine, perhaps even better than last year's D. While I have no beef with either of them, they're both smallish, o-minded guys. The only truly big hangbacker we have is Lilja, and frankly, he's not going to cut it.

To the person who said it wouldn't be worth giving up Meech if it meant getting Foote: you're OUT. OF. YOUR. MIND. Adam Foote at age 36 is more valuable than Derek Meech will ever be and is about as good a practical solution to the D dilemma as the Wings are likely to find this season. Adding him would be phenomenal, though it most likely won't happen.

Edited by Dabura

Dream Aquistions

GET IT DONE KENNY!

Sammy-Ryder.. Straight up? sure, New scenery never hurt noone. and Sammy just isnt working out.. But with the addition of a 5th rounder.. No thanks. we need our youth..

Meech-2nd for Foote. No chance, we need our draft selections expecially high selections like 2nd round.. Foote isnt our guy. If we want a physical guy who can play hardnosed and not help on the offensive side of the game, we can get one alot cheaper elsewhere.

derek meech is leaving , im sure of it

he's got no place on this team , he's here so we dont lose him for nothing ....... ericsson is ahead of him , as is quincey , and we got kindl,smith , pyett who can make the teams in a few yrs .... meech has no place on this team especially since chelios aint going anywhere and lidstrom is locked up another 2 yrs

say goodbye to meech , and i wouldnt have a problem trading him for foote for a playoff run but no way will columbus do us any favours

I'm not opposed to trading him, I am opposed to trading him and a high draft pick for a player who is on there way out. Foote is a player that this organization should stay far away from. If he is traded, it should be for someone that has value now, not three years ago.

Foote is still playing at a MUCH HIGHER level than Meech will most likely ever attain. Meech will at most be a 4th Defensemen. Foote's Leadership and phsyicality would be a boom in the playoffs. Kinda funny how people want Federov here and than scoff at the idea of FOote even tho adam is currently a much better player.

I never said that I want Fedorov back, Don't put words into my mouth. I don't want either of them.

Then you'll never see the Wings make a trade ever again -- let alone one of importance.

(sorry if this seems long for the post, but I think it's worth it)

Exactly! every team, EVER... has had one guy or another they wished they hadn't traded.

Look at the guys we have traded over the years. Look at the guys we have signed. Some of them have been total and complete busts. Some have been good. And some have been the guys who had made the difference.

Where do we stand now? ... We have some amazing talent and chemistry.

Where do we stand right now? ... We stand exactly where we have stood for the last decade? We are a strong team with a lot of promise. We can win a ton of games, score a lot of goals, and turn a lot of heads. ...

... Can we win a cup? Well ... we will see in a few months. Would I like a trade like the one that brought Shanny here ... of course I would. I would love to see Detroit pick up that one guy ... just that one guy that can push us over the edge.

I look at our team. And we have all the talent in the world. People often say Euro's dont have heart. Well I beg you to tell me guys lilke Dats, Nick, and Z aren't in it, to win it. You can tell those guys care. Just by looking at them. They want to be champs. ...

...Can they be champs? Of course they can....

... Can they do it on their own? ... when playing at their best ... f*** yeah!.

But would it hurt to have that one final nudge in the right direction? Not at all. Will it come? I dont know. Will it come? Maybe. In the end ... I really dont care ...

... I dont care who it is that stays in Detroit or who we aquire. Sure, I have my fav's in Dats and Z who I think are gods in human form, but I just want to see us on top. I want certain players to lift the cup wearing our jersey, but in the end, it isn't the player who matters .. its the jersey. ...

... if Fedorov (whom I dearly loved and will always) held the cup with the Jackets (hahahaha) i'd say good on him, but thats about it. Truth is, he is no longer a Wing.

I know this post is alomsot usless as it sides with neither for or against making a deal. But in the end, It simply comes down to the team. If the core of our team is willing to give everything, and follow the lead set by the great Stevey Y, and sacrafice everything for the 'W', then Hell f***in yeah, we will win the Stanley Cup. But if they need the slightest nudge, then Kenny get to work, pull the right strings, and lets find a home for the right guy to bring lord stanley back to Motown.

Hell fukcin yeah!!! Elvis has left the building.