• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

12/31 GDT: Blues 2, Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

Try to use TVUplayer. You can download here http://www.tvunetworks.com/. That should do it.

Wings win the last game of the year with a hat trick from Samuelson 1-4. Lidstrom gets the other goal.

Now it´s 2008 in Spain, I won´t watch this one so Happy New Year to everyone.

Sammy had a hat trick alright.....if you count turnovers.

Hey all. Haven't posted here in a while, but thought I'd weigh in on this one. Blues took the puck possesion game right from the Wings. Not having Zetterburg and Holmstrom is the only thing that might that possible. Pretty solidly defensively by both teams. It figures a d-man would score the goal in the end...The back and forth series between our teams this year continues.

Like many other posters here, I have thought for some time now that there will be a DET/STL 1st round playoff, and that should be a good one. It seems the Blues play some of their best hockey against the Wings....

Happy New Year and be safe...

Wings passing was horrible, they weren't playing their defense with the intensity they had the other night in st louis, just didn't seem like their heads were in it. Usually that puck cycling down low doesn't work, they just didn't play like they were ready, and for all these lower tier teams they get their A game going vs the Wings. The Lidstrom hit by Mayers was legit, but you don't let that stuff go by. Can't have people taking runs at him like that. Must be an orgy or something at CHeli's Bar later they all acted like they were somewhere else. As for a Wings / Blues playoff series, please refer to Manny's previous playoff performances. Tip of the hat to you guys though, Davidson has you going in the right direction

Edited by 2probert4

Wings passing was horrible, they weren't playing their defense with the intensity they had the other night in st louis, just didn't seem like their heads were in it. Usually that puck cycling down low doesn't work, they just didn't play like they were ready, and for all these lower tier teams they get their A game going vs the Wings. The Lidstrom hit by Mayers was legit, but you don't let that stuff go by. Can't have people taking runs at him like that. Must be an orgy or something at CHeli's Bar later they all acted like they were somewhere else. As for a Wings / Blues playoff series, please refer to Manny's previous playoff performances. Tip of the hat to you guys though, Davidson has you going in the right direction

I think you've nailed it. Party on the brain, just inexcusable. Did you see Babs' face when the Blues got the EN? He was just disgusted.

They owe Dom a drink and an apology for this one.

You're right about the Blues, too. They wanted to win this one and simply didn't let up, not that the Wings pushed very hard to get around them tonight.

Party on, Wings!

Ugh, people we are going to lose once in a while. Sheesh. Blame him, no blame him. I know let's blame the refs. Or how bout the zamboni driver. It's no big deal.

I just read it was the Wings 4th game in 6 days

...plus theyre down 3 regulars

I could honestly care less if they lost tonight. It was pretty much a miracle they got through that road trip itself. You guys should relax. Its a decimated, tired, ragged team on the ice. Im betting 29 other teams wouldve gone on a decent losing streak with that schedule and key losses. The Wings closed out December having played 15 games - basically playing every other night - and they posted a phenomenal record.

You should always bring your best game, but I dare say the Wings have earned the right to have an off night.

Agreed, being 29-8-3 merits this team at least 4 or 5 free passes this year.

Lets be real here people. They've got the #1 slot already locked up in the West. They've gone 5-1 on a west coast trip and 3-0 on the midwest/mountain trip. What more is there to ask for? I'm kind of ashamed that some of you feel that no matter what they should just show up every night. I'm sure not many of you could work a 60-hour week without feeling some sort of fatigue. Compare that to this.

Hank's due back sometime this week and Homer's ahead of schedule. Be thankful that the team is in this position and not fighting for a playoff spot. It's not fair to the team and other fans to act bratty or disappointed when the team has an off night. Everyone does, the Wings just have them much less than every other team.

So, take a chill pill. No one is to blame, no one's at fault. In the long run, the regular season won't mean a thing if the Wings don't go far in the playoffs. Keep that in mind.

Hope everyone had a safe night.

To be honest, though I don't like it, it may be a nice needed little wake up call for the wings. I mean, their last 2 games (cyotes and now the blues) they have not played their normal puck posession game, have not been as good at passing and receiving, and have been coughing up too many pucks. Don't get me wrong, they have not played bad or anything... just a case of needing a little wake up call, and this is it. Now they have a days rest, Hank is rumoured to play wednesday, so I predict a much better Wings team against Dallas Wednesday.

Why do I think you would not be so calm and collected if it was Ozzie they'd left hanging out there, busting his butt tonight, with nothing to show for it? It's not impossible to answer one goal, not for this team - they just didn't do it tonight. You'd have to ask them why they let the Blues shut them out for the first time in 14 years in their own barn.

Happy New Year to all!

No not really. I'd be perfectly fine. Why? Because the Wings were due for a loss. Yeah it's unfortunate that Dom played so well and the Wings decided not to show up, but that has happened a couple times with Osgood as well and I don't recall complaining much about it. People on here overreact big time. The Blues are a pretty good team and they played us hard and deserved to win. Our boys are not going to come forth with a best effort night in and out. They are going to have their s***ty, lackluster games. It happens. For me the second a game is over with I move on no matter who's in net. Yeah I'll be pissed for maybe a minute or two, but I won't drag it on thinking of what could of been and what not. It's not like it's the playoffs, and it's not like the Wings couldn't afford to lose this one. They are still 19 points up in the central, and tops in the league. I see no biggie in losing this one. At all.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

No not really. I'd be perfectly fine. Why? Because the Wings were due for a loss. Yeah it's unfortunate that Dom played so well and the Wings decided not to show up, but that has happened a couple times with Osgood as well and I don't recall complaining much about it. People on here overreact big time. The Blues are a pretty good team and they played us hard and deserved to win. Our boys are not going to come forth with a best effort night in and out. They are going to have their s***ty, lackluster games. It happens. For me the second a game is over with I move on no matter who's in net. Yeah I'll be pissed for maybe a minute or two, but I won't drag it on thinking of what could of been and what not. It's not like it's the playoffs, and it's not like the Wings couldn't afford to lose this one. They are still 19 points up in the central, and tops in the league. I see no biggie in losing this one. At all.

Totally true.

Looks like the Wings have taken advantage this season of beating up on weak opponents. Only this time the weak opponents consist of the Pacific, Northwest, Southeast, and Northeast divisions. I guess those ******* idiot blues fans are going to come to this forum tomorrow to tell us about how great and dominant their team is. That's the worst part about losing to them.

Why are they fuking idiot blues fans? Because we root for a different team? How dare us?

I'm sure you woudn't call Wings fans similar stuff had they won. Even though so many of those frontrunners couldn't spelll Fedorov's name corrrectly for years.

No not really. I'd be perfectly fine. Why? Because the Wings were due for a loss. Yeah it's unfortunate that Dom played so well and the Wings decided not to show up, but that has happened a couple times with Osgood as well and I don't recall complaining much about it.

Your memory isn't very good.

Why are they fuking idiot blues fans? Because we root for a different team? How dare us?

I'm sure you woudn't call Wings fans similar stuff had they won. Even though so many of those frontrunners couldn't spelll Fedorov's name corrrectly for years.

I'm sure GMRwings1983 was referring to the onslaught of St. Louis Blues trolls that posted a bunch of junk in our GDT the last time they won. Nothing personal.

On the other hand, it is very disappointing for me to see that the Wings need a "wake up call" every few games.

Edited by Nero

Your memory isn't very good.

Would you like to prove that then? I'd love for you to go back to Ozzie's three losses so far this season and tell me where I once bitched about the team or complained about it. Like I said I move on the second the game is over.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

I'm glad you find it funny.

How's this? :(

It's not funny that Hasek has been the designated goat/goalie in the few lack-luster games the Wings have turned out this season. It's very sad indeed. The Thanksgiving Day game was another example of the Wings not showing up, when Dom played well enough to win. Apparently, holidays have a very debilitating effect on this team. ;) They blamed fatigue and the road trip for their poor showing last night. Dom was on the same trip, yet he certainly played well enough to win.

I have a very expensive ticket to the Jan 5 game in Dallas. I hope Ozzie plays in that game, as I am not in the mood to have the Wings make a fool of Hasek right there in front of me, again. There's no party to go to afterwards, that I know of, so that should help. <_<

I know, I know.... these things happen. We'll just say it's Dom's bad luck that he got the nod last night, I guess. I'll mark this game up to an abberation. Again.

Oh, well, they will win on Weds. As you say, onward we go!

Edited by puckloo39

Would you like to prove that then? I'd love for you to go back to Ozzie's three losses so far this season and tell me where I once bitched about the team or complained about it. Like I said I move on the second the game is over.

It would be nice if everyone else would do the same. Not going to happen here, though. :hehe:

I felt really bad for Dom. He played so well, but it didn't count for anything. And because we lost when he was in net, people are going to start criticizing him for making us lose. <_< I thought his save on Tkachuk was amazing!

I thought it was dumb how the Red Wings site said "Blues give Wings bit of own medicine" If it was our own medicine, they would have won 5 or more to nothing. That's how we roll.

I felt really bad for Dom. He played so well, but it didn't count for anything. And because we lost when he was in net, people are going to start criticizing him for making us lose. <_< I thought his save on Tkachuk was amazing!

Start? :lol:

Let's put it this way: if Oz had drawn the Thanksgiving Turkey game and the New Years' Eve No-show (both games in my estimation being un-winnable for the goalie), his record would now be 15-4-1, theoretically.

All other things being equal, Dom's numbers would be 14-4-2.

Before the bashers jump in to deny all possibility of this happening... yes, Dom could have won two other games just as easily as he went 7-1-1 in December. He didn't deserve to get the "L" in this game, plain and simple.

Dom will be in net when I see the Wings next Saturday if they stick to the rotation. I hope the real Wings show up in Dallas. That's all.

Edited by puckloo39