Sign in to follow this  
Guest wingswillwincup

hudler-filppula-cleary-franzen

Rate this topic

Franzen

Huds

Cleary

Flip

Franzen was the easy choice as he offers little in the way of offense and guys like him can be picked up cheaply through free agency or a low level trade. The other three it is hard to order them, but if you get rid of Huds you must keep flip and vice versa.

Cleary has, what I think some who want to keep Franzen over Huds are hoping Franzen can become. He has the potential but just hasn't started to develop.

Who in the right mind would want any of them?

Kopecky i can see someone wanting.

Um...what? Kopecky has value but Sammy doesnt? Go ahead and take a look at how many players have less than 23 points on the season and are making a hell of a lot more than Sammy. I can think of several just off the top of my head. Sammy has a lot more trade value than some of you think. The reason he hasnt been traded yet is because Detroit doesnt need to move him. I cant stand Sammy on this team because we already have so many players like him. But on almost any other team, hed be a welcome scoring depth addition.

From that list I would choose Johan Franzen. He was a non-factor in the loss to Ottawa. The game got physical and The Mule wilted while the other guys on that list continued to try to play hard. One name I would add to that list is Tomas Kopecky. He may have some size, but he hasn't shown the grit/willingness to use it on a consistent basis. When he does play physical he seems fragile and easy to get off his feet.

After the performance against Ottawa I'd dress Downey over Franzen and Kopecky. The energy Downey brings to the lineup in my humble opinion does more for the team than watching two of our big guys like Mule and Kopper get pushed around and intimidated into playing smaller than Filppula and Hudler.

franzen i think brings the least to the team because, as others have mentioned, he doesn't really use his size to his full potential. on the other hand, if they're going to get paid the same (which i doubt they would, but if they did) i'd trade hudler first only because i think we could get a lot more for him in terms of picks and prospects than we would for franzen. i think this playoffs will be interesting. a lot of people are saying that hudler's going to get dominated in the playoffs while mule's grittiness will give him a clear edge. if that's the case, and you need to trade someone, trade hudler, though i'd hate to see him go. if it's not true, and hudler continues to play well (which i have a hunch he will) and we need to get rid of someone, lose franzen, though i'd prefer to keep them both.

danny and flip to not leave under any circumstances. well, maybe flip for crosby straight up. otherwise, no.

He was a non-factor in the loss to Ottawa.

playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs playoffs

I half-agree with Nick, though. Draper I'd like to keep. Maltby? Wouldn't mind cutting him loose at this point.

Franzen (out of the choices) hands down. He offers the least imho to the team.

Franzen

Hudler

Cleary

Flip

If I had any other options than these 4, though, the other 3 would be saved. Any of Maltby, Sammy, Kopecky, Drake, Ellis, Lilja or Meech would go before those 3 in my books. None of these players offer as much as the other 3 imo. Out of that list, Lilja and Sammy are probably the least likely to be dumped, although I would probably be in the minority on that. They are cheap for what they provide.

My 2 cents

Franzen

Huds

Cleary

Flip

Franzen was the easy choice as he offers little in the way of offense and guys like him can be picked up cheaply through free agency or a low level trade. The other three it is hard to order them, but if you get rid of Huds you must keep flip and vice versa.

Cleary has, what I think some who want to keep Franzen over Huds are hoping Franzen can become. He has the potential but just hasn't started to develop.

This ass clown has no idea what he is talking about and should be banned from the boards!!!!!

I'll take my crow over easy please. :hehe:

In my defense, at the time this thread was made, Franzen had shown no indication of what he is today, even after nearly 3 seasons worth of play and being a 27/28 year old. Thats reason enough for people to act a certain way. He certainly was a late bloomer. And my biggest issue with him was that it took him a LONG time to get down to using his body. He still could do better in that regard in my opinion, where he could be a Brendan Morrow like hittter.

franzen blows up offensively and is playing some of the best hockey of his life and he's everyone's first choice? i know its if you HAD to choose but man i dunno...

he's playing out of his mind.

franzen blows up offensively and is playing some of the best hockey of his life and he's everyone's first choice? i know its if you HAD to choose but man i dunno...

He's been doing it all season. He got sidelined by an injury and everyone forgot. Then he came back and picked up on his 'hot streak'.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

look at the dates.....