• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zion

2/10 GDT: Ducks 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

would of been awsome to of seen that game go into OT.

I agree. I'm not saying the Wings would've won it for sure, but I wanted to see them get the 1 point they earned and fight it out for the second.

I still can't believe how many people are posting at this point. I left to fold my laundry, came back, and there were 3 or 4 more pages.

For those of you who claimed that was the right call. What about the Kunitz play. Osgood had the puck covered up in the crease, and Kunitz dug it out with his stick and play continued. I have no doubt that if the roles were reversed, that play would have been called dead. I'm not saying that should have been an interference call, but play should have definitely stopped.

This is why I don't want to play the Ducks in the playoffs. Not because I don't think we can beat THEM - I know we can beat the Ducks in a seven-game series. I just don't think we can beat THE REFS in a seven-game series against the Ducks. This kind of blatant rule-breaking bulls*** (interfering with our tender, 7 men on the ice leading to a goal, rampant interference on our guys, etc.) has happened FAR TOO OFTEN when we play the Ducks for it to be coincidence.

The last time I was this fed up with the league? Last postseason against the Ducks. No coincidence.

I agree. I'm not saying the Wings would've won it for sure, but I wanted to see them get the 1 point they earned and fight it out for the second.

I still can't believe how many people are posting at this point. I left to fold my laundry, came back, and there were 3 or 4 more pages.

I'm too mad to leave yet. I dont want to go out and hipcheck a little old lady.

If we're gonna talk about the refs, lets atleast mention the "tripping" call on that Duck at the end to give us the PP in the first place.

That kind of call happens EVERY game in the NHL. Phantom calls are no coincidence. BUT, when goals and points get taken away...

If we're gonna talk about the refs, lets atleast mention the "tripping" call on that Duck at the end to give us the PP in the first place.

Ah, like when Giguere tripped the hell out of Franzen in front of the net in the first and there was no call whatsoever. Seems like that balanced out. Mind you, I didn't even watch the third (as I said, too disgusted), but considering the lack of legitimate should-have-been-obvious calls made against the Ducks.

Besides, you can guarantee that the refs would have found any other way to disqualify a PP goal there.

yeah, it really doesn't make sense that the goal was disallowed and homer wasn't given a penalty. it seems to me that if homer, in the opinion of the ref, was interfering with the goalie, he should have given him a minor penalty. you have to wonder if the ref would have called interference on homer if, say, the shot went wide of the net. no chance. and to me, that says that if the "infraction" wasn't enough to warrent a minor penalty, it shouldn't have canceled out the goal.

i hope i'm making sense. it just seems like there are often times when players are marginally in the crease (half of his skates and his ass) and the refs let it go. yeah, if you skate in and bowl the goalie over clearly that's a call. this just typifies the "holmstrom effect:" if it was any other player, i highly doubt that the goal would have been dissallowed. i'm not subscribing to any conspiracy theories, but homer obviously has a reputation.

to me, you can't really argue that the refs should be fined or fired. yeah, it was a bad call. but just the fact that it could even be described as marginal (homer DID have skates and body in the crease) means that the refs won't get reprimanded. if homer was completely outside the crease and contact was definitively not made, that would be one thing. but that's not the case.

still, i'm glad i didn't get to watch the game today...watching the video was enough to get my blood boiling. i'd probably have to buy a new TV if i'd been able to watch it. count your blessings, i guess.

Yes the Wings lost, and I may be in the minority here but I don't feel so bad. The Wings had a lot of good scoring chances of which Giguerre just came up big, everybody (non-fighters included!) pushed back after the whistle, and Downey took Parros down. Yeah the Ducks got a call there at the end that should've tied it but the Wings without Cleary, Kronwall, or a deadline pickup (or McCarty!), physically stood up to Anaheim (was May even playing?). Kopecky is looking better every game as well! A loss yes, but a nice showing against a tough team!

Cheers!

esteef

Yes the Wings lost, and I may be in the minority here but I don't feel so bad. The Wings had a lot of good scoring chances of which Giguerre just came up big, everybody (non-fighters included!) pushed back after the whistle, and Downey took Parros down. Yeah the Ducks got a call there at the end that should've tied it but the Wings without Cleary, Kronwall, or a deadline pickup (or McCarty!), physically stood up to Anaheim (was May even playing?). Kopecky is looking better every game as well! A loss yes, but a nice showing against a tough team!

Cheers!

esteef

I can't get ove rit so quickly. I wish I could. I will have to wait until the next game for the rage to subside.

Babcock throws red flag

9014285260b2e771a87b9924f2f5b210-getty-76074657bb029_new_york_rang.jpg

Babcock: Oops, I missed. :rolleyes:

I guess this is the only redemption we get. The game was scattered with a few questionable calls all towards Detroit. I got over the first one, but they kept making the same 'mistakes.' And in defense of that last call. Giggy initiated contact with Homer to tell him he was in his way as the puck was in the screen. Not enough time to use that rule. Plus no penalty was called. I dislike lawyers!!!

Giguere: "It was a tough call. A lot of times they don't call it. It took a lot of guts to make that call. On the replay you can see his skate is in the crease. And he was preventing me from doing what I've got to do."

I hate that goddamn crybaby. Preventing me from doing what I've got to do? Your pads do that more than Homer does.

f*** Giguere.

Anyways, it's actually good to be in this mini slump. It'll show the Wings that despite the best record in the NHL, they still need help and still need to work hard everygame. Plus, without Kronwall and Cleary, we'll be losing alot more then we're used to this season. Thats just how it is.

But how fucing awesome was it to see Downey, Mr. No Talent Enforcer, take down Parros and get the W. 2 very good games in a row for Aaron :thumbup:

Giguere: "It was a tough call. A lot of times they don't call it. It took a lot of guts to make that call. On the replay you can see his skate is in the crease. And he was preventing me from doing what I've got to do."

Considering the puck was two feet to his right.. I highly doubt that.

The Wings had a lot of good scoring chances of which Giguerre just came up big

the wings have a knack for making goalies look like they're playing unbelievably. especially if it's an important game. i don't know what it is, but our goals always seem a lot harder to come by. then the other team skates and toss one in from the blue line.

HOLD IT.

I missed the game.

What the hell happened?

Simply put...refs disallowed a goal on another phantom Homer interference call, a goal that would have tied up the game. Ref was on the wrong side of the net to make the call and the puck was in the net well before Giguere made contact with Homer (not the other way around).

Meanwhile, in the 2nd period, Chris Kunitz (who should have been in the box for roughing at the time anyway) interfered with Osgood, stripping away a frozen puck, leading to a Ducks goal.

Just business as usual.