• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zion

2/10 GDT: Ducks 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Why was the goal not called a goal and then reviewed? Why the hell did he instantly wave it off!? BS :ranting:

Thats what really weirded me out. Unless the ref was watching Homer the ENTIRE PLAY to see if he was in the crease, you're not gonna see him interfering with Giggy with a slapshot from the point.

Only thing im sad about, is that this is the last time we meet eachother this season :(

hopefully 1v8 in playoffs = Ducks and Wings.

I love the ducks for 1 reason, They bring out the best in the wings.. Its great.

I cant complain about the loss. It was entertaining.

Well I agree.

I have to say... compare tonights game with Toronto. There's no comparison, and the reason why we were so bad against Toronto was probably because of Anaheim, and the prospect of tonights game.

We won the game tonight, Anaheim just got the points... And let's face it, those loser goons need all the help they can get. I just hope they've used up all their favours now, before the playoffs take place.

I'd love to see a quality 2nd line scorer and a good defenseman before the playoffs. (+ A good DMac) . The Ducks really aren't that good, IMO.

Can Jocu have the ******-nozzle of the day award? I feel it is vastly qualified.

I'm not saying Homer ran into Giggy like Bert did to Hasek last game, but I'm not gonna pretend he wasn't in the crease (WHICH HE WAS, just the very top), and didn't make contact with Giguere at all.

You can't review that goal/non-goal call. Unless they aren't sure it went in, or was scored illegally (glove, kick, high stick) then you can't review it.

The thing is, it should of been called a goal to begin with. Then they could of did some type of review if they wanted to.

Maybe in the beginning or the middle of the game can the refs get away with a call like that, but not in a game with the team down by one with about a minute left. Like Mickey says, let them play the game.

Edited by Jocu

BULLLs*** BULLs*** BULLs*** BULLs***

great game blown by the refs, just like the playoffs

You're absolutely right. This almost reminds me of Game 5 Western Conference Finals, with 1:47 to go in the 3rd of a one goal game. Remember that, an imaginary interference call. That was simply disgraceful to have such a good game ruined by horribly officiating. I'm fine with losing a game, that happens, but it should never be decided by the refs.

The thing is, it should of been called a goal to begin with. Then they could of did some type of review if they wanted to.

Maybe. He called no goal, can't go back. He calls goal and then they find out he was in the crease (which his skates were not when the puck crosses the line) and they call him in the crease then that's better than calling no goal. But, was he calling no goal because of interference or the crease rule?

BTW, does anyone know the crease rule? Can you be in the crease when a goal is scored, and if you don't interfere with the goalie at all, when the puck goes in does it count?

Maybe. He called no goal, can't go back. He calls goal and then they find out he was in the crease (which his skates were not when the puck crosses the line) and they call him in the crease then that's better than calling no goal. But, was he calling no goal because of interference or the crease rule?

BTW, does anyone know the crease rule? Can you be in the crease when a goal is scored, and if you don't interfere with the goalie at all, when the puck goes in does it count?

Yes......yes it does.

You know what, it's not the Wings fault they lost. They came out in the 1st maybe a little bit slow but i thought that was going to happen since they played yesterday and i know it's not that much travel but it was too early games in a row.. I don't think i've ever been this mad at the refs ever about a game.. It was ******* bulls***. Homer wasn't in the crease at all. Jiggy just couldn't save Lids rocket of a slap shot..

And Im glad Downey faught Parros i think that was the turning point in the momentum IMO

Can you be in the crease when a goal is scored, and if you don't interfere with the goalie at all, when the puck goes in does it count?

Don't quote me on it, but I believe they got rid of that conveniently after this.

11hull.jpg

I'm pretty sure you can have your skates in the crease as ong as you don't interfere with the goalie. If you and the goalie make contact, it's considered goaltender interference, and the play is either called dead or a penalty is called.

If you and the goalie make contact, but you're outside the crease (Which Homer wasn't, but only by half a foot) then it's ok, because the goalie is outside his crease.

What was the name of the NBA Ref that was involved in the gambling/rigging games fiasco?

I bet if they dig a little deeper into that case they would find the names of the NHL refs in todays game!! This game had the FIX in with the refs-no doubt in my mind with the bogusness of the calls! If NOT, those Refs, either way, need imediate expulsion from the league-NOT Suspensions--FIRINGS!!!!! these Refs on national TV show what a joke the NHL is!!!

The ref made a judgement call. And he has the rulebook to back him up.

Subject to (i) below, if an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper's ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule78.html

Guest Jeremy88
I can't believe that. I want the ducks so bad in the playoffs...

Nothing would make me happier to watch Detroit eliminate Anaheim 1st round of the playoffs...

That's not entirely true. The Wings didn't show up the 1st two periods and played with no passion at all until the 3rd. The ref still has to die, though.

They had a slow start but were fine in the second. The second goal shouldn't have been allowed for reasons already discussed, and Lebda blew the third one. Other than that, they won that period as well.

...face it, Anaheim is the "Network's" team. Even though Detroit has the the BEST team in the NHL since 1993, the "network" refuses to acknowledge and support Detroit. They always have 'their" team which always gets the iffy calls, always gets the free pass on obvious penalties. And can do no wrong in the eyes of the NHL and the Network. Anaheim is that team right now, just like Colorado was their team in the 90's and early 2000's. I don't want to hear anything about conspiracy's and junk. It's fact. Anaheim needs to win games and championships because Gary Bettman needs to prove that the NHL can exist in Non-NHL markets. Hence the Stanley Cup's watered down victory's in Anaheim, Carolina and Tampa. The Cup used to be the hardest trophy to win in pro sports. Now Gary Bettman has made it pretty easy. Where-ever he needs to promote his sport, the Cup and the big games go. Everyone in the world knows that the Wings are the best team, how exciting would it be for them just to roll over everyone? For us, very, but for the rest of the country, they'd rather see a team beat the best in the world. Hence, the networks and money rule the outcome. That was so not a penalty, let alone enough to call the goal off. Maybe, Homer's back half of his skate was in the crease, Giggy came out and bumped into him. I guess if you followed the rule by ecery word and every period, then he was in the crease and was in contact with the goalie. But he hardly interfered with the goalie, as the rule states, if he did interfere wth the goaltender a penalty will be assessed. No penalty was called. So he did not interfere with the goalie. If you ask me, the way the Wings played most of the game, Anaheim deserved to win, but, that is why we play the game for 60 minutes. With the network, I mean the NHL, whoops I mean the refs calling the goal off, the NHL missed a golden opportunity to showcase an Overtime/Shootout game for the world involving two of the best teams in the league. But they couldn't risk Anaheim losing and being just another team that the Juggernaut known as the Red Wings steamrolled over. No one wants to see that...

.... I'm fine with losing a game, that happens, but it should never be decided by the refs.

You're absolutely right! ..they're too damn mighty and just shouldn't make such calls without reviewing.. This destroys a great hockey game by the gut feeling of one "disregardful" ref !