• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zion

2/10 GDT: Ducks 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Giguere has the right to the crease. Holmstrom entered it, the 2 of them made contact and the goal was scored. You cannot park yourself in the crease and deny the goalie his ability to move within it.

Agreed, but I think a lot of it has to do with Giggy being so aggressive in his crease, to the point where he put himself in a position to make contact with Homer.

Guest Jeremy88
creasezl5.png

Right when contact is made. Also note Homer's ass making contact with Giguere.

Light on contact, heavy on game deciding.

giguere moved into homer

I see, at most, a couple of bits of skate in the crease. At the time of the still, Giguere is moving away from the shot. Even if you take a big pink eraser and remove Holmstrom from the picture, Giguere was never going to make that save.

Everyone defending the referees on their call fail to see that no penalty was called. The goal was not waived off because of Goaltender Interference. Please cite another rule.

I see, at most, a couple of bits of skate in the crease. At the time of the still, Giguere is moving away from the shot. Even if you take a big pink eraser and remove Holmstrom from the picture, Giguere was never going to make that save.

Thats a bit ignorant to say, no offense. A starting goaltender of Giguere's caliber would of seen the shot if not for Homer parked right infront of him doing his job.

I loved how the Osgood lovers hijacked last game topic... Be sure of one thing - Hasek "lovers" are not afraid of Osgood as much as Osgood "LOVERS" are afraid of Hasek... Keep this in mind!!! Firts half of the season - Osgood's play is the best thing that could happen to Hasek...

I don't see how it was hijacked when criticism about Hasek's performance last game was fine, I didn't see the game though. But coming in this thread and ripping on Osgood when there was nothing he could do on the goals is childish and just stupid. Stay on the topic at hand: the refs GAVE the Ducks a goal and they took one away from the Wings.

You guys that are calling that an acceptable call are douchebags. The blue line rule doesn't exist anymore. Giggy can just as easily move into Holmstrom. Wow you guys are fags.

giguere moved into homer

So what.

Again, you cannot park yourself in the crease and deny the goalie his ability to move within the crease.

And besides, that's very much a Detroit view. Fact is, Giggy was moving up and Homer was moving back. Bottom line -- Homer was in Giggy's house.

Thats a bit ignorant to say, no offense. A starting goaltender of Giguere's caliber would of seen the shot if not for Homer parked right infront of him doing his job.

Even a starting goaltender of Giguere's caliber isn't immune to the laws of motion.

I don't see how it was hijacked when criticism about Hasek's performance last game was fine, I didn't see the game though. But coming in this thread and ripping on Osgood when there was nothing he could do on the goals is childish and just stupid. Stay on the topic at hand: the refs GAVE the Ducks a goal and they took one away from the Wings.

Haha, exactly....rabble rabble rabble!

You guys that are calling that an acceptable call are douchebags. The blue line rule doesn't exist anymore. Giggy can just as easily move into Holmstrom. Wow you guys are fags.

Someone's having a bad day.

Your ass-gerbil get stuck young man?

Yeah, goalies don't let in shots they see all the way. (See: Game 7 WCSF, 1996, 2OT, Wings v. Blues)

Even a starting goaltender of Giguere's caliber isn't immune to the laws of motion.

I'm saying how do you know Giggy would of been moving to the left if he could see the shot clearly?

A goalie like Giguere doesn't make unnecessary lateral movements, it's all about being square to the shot for him. If you watch Giggy, he is horrible at moving laterally when he's in a butterfly. He wouldn't of committed so much had he not been Homer-screened.

An elite goaltender would find a way to stop the puck, even with someone screening in front. You can't use that excuse, "Boo hoo, he couldn't stop the shot because a player blocked his view!" This is hockey, that's what happens. If anything, you want to do that as much as you can, blocking the goaltender's view of the puck so that your team can score more goals.