• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YoungGuns1340

Hossa Sweepstakes down to four teams?

Rate this topic

For a re-signed Hossa I wouldn't even think twice. I'd miss Filppula but not much at all if Hossa was signed long-term.

completely agree, losing flip would be sad, but if hossa does indeed re-sign after the playoffs that would be incredible. To have a true sniper on the wings again would be awesome.

Just playing devils advocate. If the Wings land Hossa, do you break up the ZDH line on the powerplay and put in Hossa?

Personally, I'd keep that line intact and pity the team that has to fend off ZDH and then Cleary-Flip/Hudler/Franzen-Hossa.

That's about as sick a one-two punch as the Wings could ever hope for in the cap era.

Burke has said hes not trading for a rental player.....

"We think there's seven players in this draft, then there's a dropoff," Burke said. "It looks like it's a top-seven pick. ... Let's assume Edmonton has the fourth pick in a deep draft, a guy who's going to be in the league for 10years. You don't trade that pick for a rental player. That's a balancing act." story here

Edited by Duck Guy

It doesn't matter if Sundin goes to Anaheim or not, the Wings just need Hossa period. Hell, any team needs Hossa period.

A rental for the playoffs with 13 goals in 55 games is not worth Fillpula. For some reason I am really against this move - its going to cost too much and I really don't think Hossa is the key to playoff success.

Flip's not doing jack for this team right now. I'd be hesitant to part with him because of his career potential, but let's be realistic: if the Ducks are making a push for Sundin and the Sharks are in a good position to land Hossa (Marleau, anyone?), we need to shape the f*** up or we're toast. I'm generally not one to make statements like this, but it's the truth. As much as I hate the Ducks, adding Sundin would make them damn near unstoppable. There's simply no denying this. As for the Sharks, remember when they had us hanging on for dear life this past postseason, only to let us back in the series in our eleventh hour because they had problems "sealing the deal"? Well, imagine them with one of the best deal-sealers in the league.

Get the door, Kenny. Reality's knocking.

......Im thinking in the terms fo the Samson v. Goliath theory........ ya never know.......... :blink:

A rental for the playoffs with 13 goals in 55 games is not worth Fillpula. For some reason I am really against this move - its going to cost too much and I really don't think Hossa is the key to playoff success.

1. HOSSA WOULD NOT BE A RENTAL; HE IS LOOKING FOR A LONG-TERM CONTRACT. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS, LGWers!

2. Hossa >>>> Flip

3. It's my understanding that the Thrashers are a piss-poor team.

4. I seem to remember a player by the name of Pavel Datsyuk having some playoff demons of his own.

Edited by Dabura

As I, and a lot of other people have said before, Hossa would be signed long-term as part of the deal. And everyone realizes how many goals Hossa would score in this system right? You are looking at 40+ goals every year for the next 4-5 years or however long the contract would be.

Edited by dallas27

3. It's my understanding that the Thrashers are a piss-poor team.

piss-poor as they might be, they are in the weakest division in the NHL and even tampa bay, the bottom dwellers of the east have a chance to make the playoffs because of the mediocrity of that division. Atlanta is still in the playoff race technically, and probably will be for some time.

piss-poor as they might be, they are in the weakest division in the NHL and even tampa bay, the bottom dwellers of the east have a chance to make the playoffs because of the mediocrity of that division. Atlanta is still in the playoff race technically, and probably will be for some time.

Sorry, I was referring Hossa's supporting cast -- or lack thereof. As dallas27 just said, put him in this system and he'll be a monster.

Sorry, I was referring Hossa's supporting cast -- or lack thereof. As dallas27 just said, put him in this system and he'll be a monster.

oh, i completely agree dabura i would love the day Hossa wore a winger jersey for a nice 4 year contract. I was just bringing up the special situation of the SE division as being a possible factor in whether Hossa is dealt or not.

As I, and a lot of other people have said before, Hossa would be signed long-term as part of the deal. And everyone realizes how many goals Hossa would score in this system right? You are looking at 40+ goals every year for the next 4-5 years or however long the contract would be.

And we all know how great regular season success is, and how it translates into playoff TEAM success? not.

And every million you hand over to Hossa long term takes away from Zetterberg being re-signed, unless they can balance the contract after Lidstrom leaves.

And we all know how great regular season success is, and how it translates into playoff TEAM success? not.

And every million you hand over to Hossa long term takes away from Zetterberg being re-signed, unless they can balance the contract after Lidstrom leaves.

If Hossa comes over there will be plenty of cap room. We have decent cap room now, and with the cap rising next season, I think bringing in Hossa and a cheap enforcer D-man wouldnt shock our budget. Especially if we dump someone like Sammy with a 1 mill + contract