• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YoungGuns1340

Hossa Sweepstakes down to four teams?

Rate this topic

Then give them Filpulla. That clears a little money for Hossa as well. Sign Hossa to next season, too, and then, if need be, we can find another good player for '10. Remember, players come and go. There will be a new superstar in 10 and we can replace Hossa (or someone else), if need be. I'd take the risk.

Then give them Filpulla. That clears a little money for Hossa as well. Sign Hossa to next season, too, and then, if need be, we can find another good player for '10. Remember, players come and go. There will be a new superstar in 10 and we can replace Hossa (or someone else), if need be. I'd take the risk.

Not a bona fide superstar like Hossa. In a perfect world you lock him up for 4-5 years. It's a lot tougher in the salary cap era to just go find another good player.

I especially like this one :

I laughed out loud. Did he just do that?

*edit* He does it again on this one (01:45 is my fav):

Edited by dallas27

Detroit needs Havlat, Peca, Foote and McCarty...the Wings have been standing pat for a few seasons, being careful to give up as little as possible, it'd be nice to see them 'go for it' once in awhile and take a chance.

Detroit needs Havlat, Peca, Foote and McCarty...the Wings have been standing pat for a few seasons, being careful to give up as little as possible, it'd be nice to see them 'go for it' once in awhile and take a chance.

? Bertuzzi?

Spectors

I'm not gonna lie. Of those four players mentioned, Flip is the least integral to his team. Detroit's already got two all star centers locked up for their top lines, and theyve got no top line wingers on the squad or coming up in the system either. If Kenny thinks he can fit Hossas demands under the cap and re-sign Hank, I see no reason why not to do this. If we re-sign Hossa, it'll be long-term.

Anyone can only guess what they will want for Hossa, if in turn it became a possible deal with Detroit. They knowwhat they have, and they probably aren't going to settle for a player, but probably 2 if not three. I am guessing they will want Flip for sure, as well as Cleary, and someone up and coming from GR. I think as we get closer here, we may hear more about teams willing to deal with us, if Kenny shops Cleary or Franzen. Just my opinion!

God forbid dealing Cleary, I think that would definetly hurt us no matter who we picked up.

Edited by miller76

I remember the first time I saw that I thought there's no way he planned it that way.

I think he did, though. Which is sick.

I've played hockey for 15+ years and with kids who have played AAA, Juniors, Minors and College. When they want to do breakaways on me some of the s*** they come up with is unreal. Hossa planned that. And there is no way you can predict or anticipate that, his momentum is going so fast in the opposite direction that you have to go in a butterfly to that direction. You really just have to shake your head at them after you watch it go by you.

Detroit will have absolutely no problem having Hossa on the books next season, as Hanks contract wont kick in til the season after that. 09/10 is what Im more worried about. And hopefully, they can offer Cleary a longer term contract (5 years?) at a cheaper price (2.5?), which in reality is a deal Cleary might take, as thats a lot of security for such an inconsistent player as Cleary. Now, hopefully when/if Detroit re-signs their players, they'll re-sign them all to at least 2 year deals (except Chelios), so they can calculate how much money theyll have booked for 09/10.

A look at 08/09

Cap: ~54M

Hudler(1.1) - Hank(2.65) - Hossa (7)

Cleary(2.5) - Datsyuk(6.7) - Homer (2.25)

Kopecky (.5)- Franzen (.94) - Sammy (1.2)

Maltby(.88)- Draper(1.5) - Dmac? (.5)

Downey (.55)

Lidstrom (7.4) - Ericsson (.65)

Raffi (6) - Kronner (3)

Lebda (.65) - Cheli (.8)

Quincey (.65)

Osgood (1.4)

Howard (.8)

Total: ~49.9M

09/10

Estimated cap ~56M

Hudler(2.5) - Hank(7) - Hossa (7)

Cleary(2.5) - Datsyuk(6.7) - Homer (2.25)

Abdelkader?(.6) - Kopecky (.7) - UFA (1.2)

Maltby(.88) - Draper(1.5)- Dmac?(.5)

Downey (.55)

Lidstrom (7.4) - Ericsson (.65)

Raffi (6) - Kronner (3)

Lebda (.65) - Quincey (.65)

UFA/prospect (.65)

Osgood (1.4)

Howard (.8)

Cap: 55.1 - If the Wings can talk Hudler, wholl be an RFA if hes still around, into taking a one year deal at maybe 1.8M for the 09/10 season and wait to see what they can give him after Lidstroms salary comes off the books in 10/11, then we'd be looking at a around 54.5M payroll, which would still give Detroit some space under the cap in 09/10.

It is doable.

really, really good post...I was hoping someone would do something like this...another possibility on defence for next season or the one after is Kindl, hopefully he'll be ready soon...I was kind of against Hossa at first, simply because of the salary concerns when we still have to sign Hank long term and because I didn't really want them to get rid of Flippy, but I'm starting to warm up to the idea...I just really want another Cup so bad...I hope there's some news on something soon...I don't see how they could do it, but if they could trade for Hossa without giving up Flip, I'd be over the moon

Well I had initially thought it was accidental because back in my AAA days (when I was still in shape. Oh where has the time gone?) a team mate of mine netted a goal in exactly the same way, but said he hadn't planned it. But watching that video...the intent is clear. Somehow I missed that the last time I saw it.

Point being, Hossa = Sick. I'm happy his name is even being thrown around at this stage; I had thought for sure he'd have signed elsewhere by now.

really, really good post...I was hoping someone would do something like this...another possibility on defence for next season or the one after is Kindl, hopefully he'll be ready soon...I was kind of against Hossa at first, simply because of the salary concerns when we still have to sign Hank long term and because I didn't really want them to get rid of Flippy, but I'm starting to warm up to the idea...I just really want another Cup so bad...I hope there's some news on something soon...I don't see how they could do it, but if they could trade for Hossa without giving up Flip, I'd be over the moon

yeah damn good post! just for giggles though, what would it look like with brunnstrom in there for next year too??? cant remember the max contract for players in his situation but isnt it like 850k?

and theres no way cleary is included in a deal to the thrashers....1. because kenny wont trade him and 2. atl needs players that can play through the end of this season, not players on IR

is it worth giving up cleary for another skilled Euro? million dollar question.

i dont know if i do that if cleary is in the trade package.

I don't know if anyone would take him at this point, simply because no one is sure how effective he'll be when he gets back and when exactly he will get back

Well I had initially thought it was accidental because back in my AAA days (when I was still in shape. Oh where has the time gone?) a team mate of mine netted a goal in exactly the same way, but said he hadn't planned it. But watching that video...the intent is clear. Somehow I missed that the last time I saw it.

Point being, Hossa = Sick. I'm happy his name is even being thrown around at this stage; I had thought for sure he'd have signed elsewhere by now.

I hear ya. What the hell was he thinking by saying he didn't plan that lol. If Hossa has done that on more than one occasion then it's clearly not an accident.

Me too. And I think I am being modest when I say he would be getting 40+ goals in this system. As I have said before, he's been my favorite hockey player for some time, he would terrorize goalies in the Wings' system. Flat out.

Well Ok some of you might call me bulls*** on this. But Valteri is a facebook friend of mine. And I just looked at his page and it was updated 4 mins ago and it says that he has been traded to Atlanta. Take it for what its worth. But it sounds like Detroit got Hossa.

P.S. he is the one that added me to be his friends list when he first started facebook.

Well Ok some of you might call me bulls*** on this. But Valteri is a facebook friend of mine. And I just looked at his page and it was updated 4 mins ago and it says that he has been traded to Atlanta. Take it for what its worth. But it sounds like Detroit got Hossa.

P.S. he is the one that added me to be his friends list when he first started facebook.

hahahahahahahahahaahaha

thatd be so funny if it were true.

(seriously!)

prove it son.

It also says he is online now to. I will message him and see what he says.