• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mmorland

How'd It Come to This?

Rate this topic

Not not panicing but, does anybody realize that our only two defensemen left with quality NHL experience are Lebda and Lilja?

Lidstrom, Chelios, Rafalski, and Kronwall

and In net, Hasek still out.

Anyone else worried all these injuries will come back to bite the wings in the butt? I mean, all the injuries are non-season ending but how will this effect team chemistry come late march early april + who ever we get at the deadline?

Thoughts?

It's good for the team. We are still leading the league in the standings, so I am not concerned at all.

Having a healthy Hasek is the biggest concern for me, but I still feel that he will be fine.

Why do people seem to think if a player gets injured now, he cant get injured again? This isnt like the chicken pox. Its not like we can walk into the playoffs thinking "oh well all our players already got their injuries.."

At any rate, there shouldnt be any panicking. Kronwall will be back by Tuesday. McCarty will have a Wings contract by Tuesday. Another Dman will be a Wing by Tuesday. And possibly to top it all off, we could see another forward be a Wing by Tuesday. Thats 4 new, healthy bodies, and we only have to play 1 game until Tuesday. At most, we play 2 games without these extra bodies, as the traded players might not arrive prior to the game on Tuesday, depending on when theyre traded here. And its yet to be seen when McCarty will make his NHL debut.

Im just glad the deadline is only 3.5 days away..

Why do people seem to think if a player gets injured now, he cant get injured again? This isnt like the chicken pox. Its not like we can walk into the playoffs thinking "oh well all our players already got their injuries.."

That's the exact reason why the Wings need to aquire a defenseman or two at the deadline. The Wings defense, especially Kronwall, seems very brittle lately. Plus, the bonus is that if everyone's healthy, the new defenseman can replace minutes that would otherwise be used by liabilities such as Lilja.

Guest Canadian Wings

If a perfect world everybody will be back and 100% healthy about 5 games before the playoffs start so they can jel and get that swag back.

No doubt in my mind Holland acquires at least 1 D, and 1 Forward at the deadline. If he doesn't, then he seriously missed the boat.

This will give the players a bit of a rest, and that can be a good thing -especially for veterans like Chelios, Lidstrom and Rafalski. Naturally it would be better to "rest" one or two players at the time, but as already pointed out -this will force Holland to trade for a defenseman. That should be a good thing, because Detroit needs to add more muscle anyway.

With the amount of ice time Lidstrom and Rafalski log Im sure the rest wont hurt the it will most likely recharge them .This is a great time to let some of the young prospects get some NHL action playing in all situations ,and possibly show caseing them for traid bait.

Not not panicing but, does anybody realize that our only two defensemen left with quality NHL experience are Lebda and Lilja?

Anyone else worried all these injuries will come back to bite the wings in the butt? I mean, all the injuries are non-season ending but how will this effect team chemistry come late march early april + who ever we get at the deadline?

Thoughts?

I'm never one to be the panicky or freak-out type, but after last night, it is definitely getting a little bit silly.

The Wings are just fortunate though they've put themselves into a position to where making the playoffs is pretty much not a threat at all, when they've been healthy for the most part, most of the season.

This is just one doofus's opinion but I don't think it'll effect chemistry much at all assuming everybody's up and running healthy by late March or early April. They should all be coming back in time...

I still believe Feds will be here...he's a 2 for 1 playa!

That's the best argument for him. People think it's just nostalgia, but he's still an excellent two-way player, who can provide both. Getting Federov allows you to pick up a defenseman or forward, whichever one is the better all around player, instead of going just by position.

That's the best argument for him. People think it's just nostalgia, but he's still an excellent two-way player, who can provide both. Getting Federov allows you to pick up a defenseman or forward, whichever one is the better all around player, instead of going just by position.

I agree. Feds can actually offer something besides nostalgia.

The cliches are true....

All teams have injuries, time for the youngsters to step up and show that they belong in the bigs, some rest for the wounded before the real season starts.

We may lose a few right now, but I am sure we will forget and maybe even be thankful for this period around late May.

Thoughts?

we're cruising right along.....whoa....NOW, everyone is else is turning up the heat! The so-called 2nd half, the pre-playoff season has begun......playoff hockey is here! They know we are a threat....get us while our guard is somewhat down....while most shots & hits are clean, they are more aggressive. I believe, mentally, we are not that prepared....don't get me wrong, they bring it every night.... we are not in desparation mode, we play smart hockey! Sometimes, when the intensity is not there, we tend to let our guard down & become somewhat vulnerable....alas, a little careless, less focus on our surroundings....I could go on....in a nut shell, this is hockey....and you thought this game was just hitting a rubber disc....this game is more fierce today than when an old fart like me played.....