• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
96Homer

3/9 GDT: Red Wings 4, Predators 3

Rate this topic

Would the fact that the two goalies split the season (therefore, only playing 1/2 the games that the rest of the league goalies play) have anything to do with the good GAA percentages?

For example, if Dom or Ozzie had to play the whole season themselves and maintained these percentages, wouldn't it be more difficult to accomplish?

Edited by kherty

Agreement with all who have said that the W is the important thing.

One thing this recent trip through dispair (melodrama- expect organ music soon) has taught us is that we win or lose as a team. No one person or position can do it alone.

If the d is down, the scoring will not be there. If teams figure out how to stop Z and Dats, the secondary has to step up.

We are doing that again with healthy players returning at a regular basis.

Franzen has been great lately. Huddie found the net (it's behind the guy with the funny hat) and Stu scored his first Wing goal. Lids and Kronner each had a couple of assists......well, you all saw the game.

My point is, when we're good, we're good as a team. When we're not, we're not as a team. The goalies can't save us every time, although they are certainly a credit to the team. Without them, I don't think we'd have as many wins as we have.

Superstars are nice, but whether they are Crosby, or AO, or Hasek, they can't do it alone, and that is what makes the Wings strong: we have the super players in Dom, Nick, Z, and Dats, but we also have the backup to support them.

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now. I need to go lie down until the feeling goes away.

Good game, boys!

I couldn't watch the game today, but I was watching NHL highlites and it was sooo nice to see Nick Lidstrom back. Also good to see Hudler finally score a goal...maybe he'll get on a roll now.

I am glad Lids came back OK. I've been very worried about him, as have we all.

Anyone who complains about Hasek in this game is never going to be satisfied with any effort -- can't win good enough to suit some of us, so I won't worry about that. Dom saved the game, stoning Erat with less than two minutes remaining. That's what you need, big saves at the crucial times. :cool:

I am concerned, as is everyone here, about the team losing focus and losing leads, almost the game, in this case. It does sound like the officiating was a little off, as usual, however. THAT we can b*tch about, right? :hehe: Hey, we won. Two points. :thumbup:

I would be worried but I believe that after the like... fifth game of them losing/almost losing the lead they would learn and understand what to do to maintain the lead. Let's face it. Our team is a bunch of veteran players who learn from their mistakes and fix them and the younger ones get to follow the best players example. I doubt we will be blowing the lead

that often in the future.

Are you superstitious now? :P

Lmao. You got me. Notice I changed my previous comment about the shut out to something along the lines of "I am an idiot." Yeah. I did that after the third goal. And we won.

Trust me, that will never happen again from me.

Lmao. You got me. Notice I changed my previous comment about the shut out to something along the lines of "I am an idiot." Yeah. I did that after the third goal. And we won.

Trust me, that will never happen again from me.

I'm actually not really superstitious, but I believe saying shutout just shouldn't be done until the game is over.

Though I seriously have never seen it backfire quite so quickly and spectacularly as it did after you said it! :lol:

Hell, I think I am superstitious after that.

Letting in three goals in the third is lame.

would have been lame-r if the Wings lost the game.

yeah, it was unforunate to see three goals go in during the 3rd, but im not very worried about it at all.

come on fellow LGWers! the secondary scoring is showing up!! thats enough to make me rejoice.

I really want to slap the Preds commintator , he nearly pee'd his pants with excitement when they scored. a desperate man gone to far . dude has to get a life.

Yeah. How dare that bastard be happy when his team scores!

I think the guy complaining about the other team's comminator is the one who needs to get a life.

Despite the slip at the end, still a good game for the Wings. We saw the secondary scoring come to life and we played a pretty good game physically. Three straight now, lets keep this momentum rolling.

Edited by RedFX

Yeah. How dare that bastard be happy when his team scores!

I think the guy complaining about the other team's comminator is the one who needs to get a life.

if you listened and never had weird coloured uniform tinted glasses on you'd have heard what i heard . Dom got crashed into midway through the game and went down without thinking about it he said ... oh Hasek took a dive . then said well maybe he is hurt . the guy opened his big mouth and let his belly rumble . as for when they scored did you hear it too? you'd maybe react like that if it was in game 7 in the Stanley Cup Final's but very rarely in a regular season game .

come on fellow LGWers! the secondary scoring is showing up!! thats enough to make me rejoice.

100% agree.

Let's get over it ladies & gents. We dominated most of the game except for the third. They sat back and played sloppy and I am SURE they know this and will do soemthing about it. Let's just enjoy the fact that we got the W and are now 9 points ahead of the Stars with 3 games in hand.

Great to see Lids back in the lineup... Secondary scoring is back which is huge for us, i love it.. Wasnt too happy about the Preds scoring 3 goals in the 3rd, but nothing to worry about at all. Wings played great

I also had the misfortune of having to listen to the Pred common taters. I wanted to mash them. Ugh, rotten.

So I was wondering if that wxyt link is good for all games or if that was just a today thing. I miss listening to Ken and Paul. Paul drives me nuts, but not as bad as the Pred guys. Any input would be hot. Thanks.

Well I only saw the last 10 minutes of the 2nd period of this game because I worked through the first and fell asleep through the third (kinda glad about that). Can't really comment on the game as a whole but it's great to see Nick back and great to see some of our secondary scorers step it up. It's about time Hudler broke the slump, to me he's been much better in the past 5 or so games. Glad we picked up another win, looking forward to Tuesday.

Mmmm hmm. If it hangs around, we're going to have a wonderful shot at this thing. If it doesn't, we probably won't. It's that simple. Nice to see Hudler put one in. Hopefully that gets him going. I think the chances are much higher than Flip and Mule get it done in the playoffs than Rex, but if they all want to get on a role, that's fine by me.

So nice to see Nick back in the lineup. It actually didn't even register with me right away. I saw him out there for a few minutes and all of a sudden was like "Holy crap! Lidstrom's back!" Warm fuzzies.

Great to see Lids back in the lineup... Secondary scoring is back which is huge for us, i love it.. Wasnt too happy about the Preds scoring 3 goals in the 3rd, but nothing to worry about at all. Wings played great

I blame my dad. Who wanted me to go do something right before the 2nd intermission, I said to hold on and he said, "they are up 4-0 whats gonna happen?" <_< I shot daggers at him.

Don't we still play the Preds like 3 times before the season is done?

We play them on the 15th (home), 20th (away), and 30th (home).

Man, I can't believe the season's almost over. Is it just me or has it gone fast?

I blame my dad. Who wanted me to go do something right before the 2nd intermission, I said to hold on and he said, "they are up 4-0 whats gonna happen?" <_< I shot daggers at him.

Lizz, I'am blaming your dad now too :P