• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CdnWingsFanEh

3/11 GDT: Red Wings 3, Blackhawks 1

Rate this topic

I'm not defending the validity of the saying, I'm just telling people here that its tradition in Chicago. The Wings could be 82-0 and the Hawks 0-82 and "Detroit would still suck".

It's more a matter of hating your enemy than comments with substance.

Basically.

Crawford isn't supposed to be that good. But then again, neither are the Blackhawks.

I'm kind of upset that San Jose is on there way to randomly winning ten straight whereas we work our asses off and can never manage to get it.

Kronner played sick today though.. and Samuelsson had a pretty solid game too.

ive been around off and on, what happened to the blackhawk nuthugger who would post only on Blackhawk GDT. The Havlat owning zetterberg guy.

Maybe he's around on a new name - since his old name (RuutuandHavlatownZetterberg) no longer applies to the Blackhawks since the trade deadline.

I'm kind of upset that San Jose is on there way to randomly winning ten straight whereas we work our asses off and can never manage to get it.

I don't want to beat a dead, pulverized horse here... but let's not forget that in the middle of that streak there was a certain goal off the protective netting that helped out that streak quite a bit. There's obviously no guarantee the Wings would've won that game, but at 2-2 in the 3rd all bets are off.

We were really good tonight...shouldn't have been as close as it was. A few defensive breakdowns but otherwise, no complaints from me. Everyone seems to be playing with a ton of confidence. Maltby and Drake were both awesome.

Kronner played sick today though.. and Samuelsson had a pretty solid game too.

We're amidst the same streak now

Guest Jeremy88

Just got home from the game...it was fun. We arrived late, and just missed Maltby's goal, but we found our seats but moved down after the first period was over...and yeah...that whole 3rd period was scary...I'm amazed the Wings had 45 shots on goal and only scored 3 times...or w/e the shots on goal was.

GO WINGS!!! The wings are still undefeated in my presence...although that record is only 2-0...

I for one hope that San Jose ends up #4 in the conference since the 1-5 (with the exception of the winner in the NW) positions are pretty set. San Jose would then take on Anaheim in the first round. Good for us since that would take out one of the big fish in the West. Unfortunately, I do not see Dallas being able to overtake the division from SJ so Anaheim vs. Dallas in the first round will probably be it. Anaheim in 5.

Just got home from the game...it was fun. We arrived late, and just missed Maltby's goal, but we found our seats but moved down after the first period was over...and yeah...that whole 3rd period was scary...I'm amazed the Wings had 45 shots on goal and only scored 3 times...or w/e the shots on goal was.

GO WINGS!!! The wings are still undefeated in my presence...although that record is only 2-0...

was the Joe packed? usually the Hawks games are sold out.. did people show up?

Game Summary reports an attendance of 18,632.. that is a sellout in most arenas.. but not the Joe.

Great win tonight

a complete game

Ozzie was good when he had to be

Franzen is getting to his full potential

that goalie for the Hawks was impressive though Crawford i believe

Guest Jeremy88

Yeah it was a really good crowd compared to what they had earlier this year

I don't want to beat a dead, pulverized horse here... but let's not forget that in the middle of that streak there was a certain goal off the protective netting that helped out that streak quite a bit. There's obviously no guarantee the Wings would've won that game, but at 2-2 in the 3rd all bets are off.

No, you're right ... I was thinking the same thing. That kind of makes it worse that they are achieving a potentially undeserved 10 consecutive wins. ... sorry achieved.

We're amidst the same streak now

I was going with that as well. Everytime we pick up I get excited.. I'm counting on this now and I'm looking at our upcoming schedule and after Dallas all of our games are in our division. The only thing that would keep them from winning these games is their mentality going in.

Edited by cirov19

Great effort! Can you imagine what we are going to be like when Danny & Homer returns! I believe the Red Machine is on a roll! It's not going to stop until the Cup is in our hands!

Kinda of a random question, but did anyone hear an Ozzie chant around the penalty shot (mostly before)? My self and this guy behind me at least where shouting it. But the guy behind me was really REALLY loud, so I couldn't tell if anyone else was doing it. The crowd was hella loud.

Edited by Z and D for the C